All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Southwest Airlines
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:01 am 

Get your shit together, not good.

https://abc11.com/southwest-airlines-fl ... /13148847/

Post subject: Re: Southwest Airlines
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
AA is the way to go- both for your drinking problem and air travel needs.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:22 am 

It's crazy how Southwest went from the best airline to the worst probably tied with United.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: What??
https://www.nbcnews.com/business/busine ... -rcna64121

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Cattle Call Seating fucking sucks too

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:33 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Caller Bob wrote:
If I am flying with my wife, I always do Southwest. I give her one of my checked bagged bags and carry on bag. Why do women feel the need to pack nearly 1/2 the house for a 2-3 day trip?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
If I am flying with my wife, I always do Southwest. I give her one of my checked bagged bags and carry on bag. Why do women feel the need to pack nearly 1/2 the house for a 2-3 day trip?

We're going on a two day trip, what are you, Diana Ross?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:39 am 
100000 CLUB

This is morning mist.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:50 am 

Brick wrote:
It's crazy how Southwest went from the best airline to the worst probably tied with United.

i think Frontier has leapfrogged them by this point.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Brick wrote:

On a bad day, SW is miles ahead of spirit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
W_Z wrote:
Brick wrote:

i think Frontier has leapfrogged them by this point.

Flew Frontier back in March. It was fine

I prefer Southwest just for the free bags. Flying Southwest in 2 weeks when we go to Reno for the USBC Open tournament. When you're dragging 90 pounds of bowling balls between 2 people, it's a great option.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
denisdman wrote:
AA is the way to go- both for your drinking problem and air travel needs.

don't understand the philosophy of former us air/america west mngt. after the merger. on behalf of many puzzled employees, i thank you for your endorsement.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
312player wrote:
Brick wrote:

On a bad day, SW is miles ahead of spirit.

I'd rather ride a freaking Greyhound than take (de)Spirit airlines. Been taking Allegiant air lately. They charge for everything (like Spirit) but as long as you take care of it all when you book, it's still mad cheap. And the experience of flying Allegiant is what Southwest used to be, in terms of pleasantness of the workers and fellow passengers. One and only time I took Spirit airlines there was a brawl at the check-in desk in LaGuardia. I ended up going to American and booking a flight out that time.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:45 am 

Hussra wrote:
I'd rather ride a freaking Greyhound than take (de)Spirit airlines. One and only time I took Spirit airlines there was a brawl at the check-in desk in LaGuardia.

Don't fly a lot, but typically use AA. Did a weekend Vegas trip last month, and for whatever reason, the prices were insane for everyone but Spirit so that's who we used. All of the check-in announcements and flight attendant announcements have an undertone of "please don't argue with us or start a fight, because we're used to this shit, and will put you down". The entire experience is bad.

15 or so years ago, when Spirit had the "$9 flights", that even with fees were still insanely cheap, we would use them for trips to Florida. I don't remember them being that bad back then, but maybe I was just too busy trying to manage my own little kids to notice the chaos around me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
I'm amazed Southwest still doesn't charge for checked bags. That's why it's elite. Plus, the flight attendants always seem super friendly and their shooters are the cheapest (even though I bring my own in a quart-sized ziplock).

Spirit and Frontier suck. But on occasion when I can go from Phoenix to Vegas for $20, I can deal with the people and metal seats for the 40 minute flight.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

The free bags is key. For a business traveler its different, but when traveling with a family it can easily add $300-$400 to a trip for checked baggage on AA, United, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:15 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
I'm amazed Southwest still doesn't charge for checked bags. That's why it's elite. Plus, the flight attendants always seem super friendly and their shooters are the cheapest (even though I bring my own in a quart-sized ziplock).

Spirit and Frontier suck. But on occasion when I can go from Phoenix to Vegas for $20, I can deal with the people and metal seats for the 40 minute flight.

The free checked bag waiver is negated by having to buy early check in so you can sit with family or don't get stuck in middle seat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:15 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The free bags is key. For a business traveler its different, but when traveling with a family it can easily add $300-$400 to a trip for checked baggage on AA, United, etc.

It's easy to get a credit card that charges you under $100 for the year and includes a free checked bag for each person in your group on all flights you take.

Plus, Southwest charges you $30 a roundtrip for early bird checkin though if you travel with kids you get to jump the line somewhat anyways.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I travel enough where I have gold status on AA, which means free checked bags and better seats at no charge.

But the real keys to traveling are having TSA pre-check and only using carry ons. On family vacations it is all but impossible to avoid checking.

If you use AA, terminal three is great with a fast pre-check lane (10 minute max) and easy in and out of what is a fairly large terminal. You try to park right by the close entrance in the short term parking garage. Even for long term parking, it (ATS tram) brings you very close to the pre-check line.

Last edited by denisdman on Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:20 pm 

There's also the stress of remembering to check in 24 hours (to the second) to get in at least Group B and if your connecting flight is late,(past general boarding) you are fucked regardless.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Free checked bags also has the added advantage of reducing the number of passengers trying to avoid fees by carrying on over-stuffed bags.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:24 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
There's also the stress of remembering to check in 24 hours (to the second) to get in at least Group B and if your connecting flight is late,(past general boarding) you are fucked regardless.

If only there were a device that could alert you ahead of time.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:24 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Or your internet could cut off or you could be in a dead zone for and be 2-3 minutes late, PC/phone could crash at crunch time...dumb fuck.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:25 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Or your internet could cut off or you could be in a dead zone for and be 2-3 minutes late, dumb fuck.

Or maybe you're too dumb to set a reminder.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:28 pm 

Brick wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

It's easy to get a credit card that charges you under $100 for the year and includes a free checked bag for each person in your group on all flights you take.

Plus, Southwest charges you $30 a roundtrip for early bird checkin though if you travel with kids you get to jump the line somewhat anyways.

The Southwest credit card can help you get companion pass...that's a perk that's hard to beat.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

The credit cards are great if you fly more than once a year. If not, it may not be worth it.

Caller Bob wrote:
The free checked bag waiver is negated by having to buy early check in so you can sit with family or don't get stuck in middle seat
As an admitted frequent user of Southwest Airlines, you should know this already you fucking imbecile;

Quote:
Southwest offers Family Boarding, which occurs after the “A” group has boarded and before the “B” group begins boarding. Up to two adults traveling with a child may board during Family Boarding.
So if you're too fucking stupid to set an alarm, too fucking cheap to pay for early check in, or in a "dead zone" you can sill board as a family without issues.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:29 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Or your internet could cut off or you could be in a dead zone for and be 2-3 minutes late, dumb fuck.

And you're the stupid fuck that doesn't realize that if you need to check in at 7PM, and you check in at 7PM and 10 seconds in, you are in late Group B or Group C.

Stupid worthless fuck

Seriously kill yourself you terrible human being

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:33 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

And you're the stupid fuck that doesn't realize that if you need to check in at 7PM, and you check in at 7PM and 10 seconds in, you are in late Group B or Group C.

Stupid worthless fuck

Seriously kill yourself you terrible human being

:lol: wow, you are a treasure. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:33 pm 

It has nothing to do with setting a reminder. Over 1/2 the flight is teed' up 24 hours before check in, either in front of a computer or phone, even the slightest 10-30 second glitch and you are not in Group A. Some people would rather just fly American, get an assigned seat and avoid that hassle. How fucking stupid are you?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

American Airlines wrote:
You can choose a specific seat at any time for a fee (complimentary for AAdvantage® members based on your status). Otherwise, seats will be automatically assigned for free at check-in. We can’t guarantee that you’ll be seated together.
How fucking stupid are you? :lol: :lol: :lol: