Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

Post subject: Re: Chicago Sports
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:15 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Not all is bad - Chicago Sky won the championship just a season ago and they're favored this year to get to the finals.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Its the city of rebuild. If you forced me to bet on the next Chicago team to win a championship, I'd say the Blackhawks simply because the other teams are in sports hell. The Cubs and Sox won't overspend like the Dodgers or Yankees and they apparently can't rebuild into a perennial winner. Then the Bulls are in NBA hell.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
You're viewing this wrong. There's only one way to go when you are at the bottom.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
The emergence of the bs artists "Don't believe your eyes...we're not that bad", (The Score, Marquee, Nagy, Pace, Theo, Jed, and Grandpa Rossy) has added some humor to the losing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:01 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Chicago's Tallest Midget Battle Royale coming this summer. Can the Sox win the division with the same record as the 4th place Cubs?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:14 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nas wrote:
You're viewing this wrong. There's only one way to go when you are at the bottom.

Chicago Sports has invented a new direction: sideways

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:17 am 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:

Chicago Sports has invented a new direction: sideways

Only the Bulls and Hahn's White Sox.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:20 am 

sox will win the division

we've already gone through the worst parts with the Bears and even the harshest critic can see something emerging. Next year is really critical, because, if they have the qb correct, they will be pushing for the division championship

mine and Brick's hawks have a generational talent coming our way in a month...and then two other picks in a supposedly great first round...and then a bunch of other picks in the second. They can get healthy very quickly.

bulls are just an average team stuck in averageness for the foreseeable future

david haugh keeps telling me the cubs have waves of talent percolating in the minor leagues

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:27 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
The Bears seem like the easy pick at this point because it's early enough in their rebuild that you can project just about anything you want onto them. Assuming the Bears do what the Bears typically do, it's got to be the Hawks. Both baseball teams are capable of winning crappy divisions, but they don't seem to be on a World Series trajectory and, unless the Bulls luck into a Top 5 type player, the odds of them winning anything are small.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:36 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Combine enough die-hard, enthusiastic even fans with a lack of competition. Chicago should have a 2nd NFL franchise, 2nd NBA team and maybe even 2nd NHL franchise--at least there should be an NHL team in Southern Wisconsin.

Makes owners decisions whether to spend and go for titles or just do enough to keep the season ticket orders filled pretty easy: fuck them fans.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:15 am 

Nas wrote:

There was a good stretch of time that Philadelphia would disagree.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:21 am 

Warren Newson wrote:
The Bears seem like the easy pick at this point because it's early enough in their rebuild that you can project just about anything you want onto them. Assuming the Bears do what the Bears typically do, it's got to be the Hawks. Both baseball teams are capable of winning crappy divisions, but they don't seem to be on a World Series trajectory and, unless the Bulls luck into a Top 5 type player, the odds of them winning anything are small.

If Poles can rebuild the defense within the next two years and Fields stays healthy, I could see them competing with the Eagles, Chiefs and Bills. It seems like they are 2-3 years away from that level. Need to draft or sign on the defensive line next season and its probably a year before the guys they draft develop into consistent or elite players. That said, if Fields proves he can't throw in this offense this season, I don't see them winning any time soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
if Fields proves he can't throw in this offense this season, I don't see them winning any time soon.

If Fields can't throw, that means the Bears aren't good and their record will reflect that. In addition, if the Panthers suck, the Bears will have some immediate ammunition to make a deal for Caleb Martin. You've got to have a team who already has their quarterback to land #1. And you've got to hope the Cardinals want to stick with Kyler Murray.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:14 am 
100000 CLUB

Ron Wolfley wrote:
if Fields proves he can't throw in this offense this season, I don't see them winning any time soon.

If Fields can't throw, that means the Bears aren't good and their record will reflect that. In addition, if the Panthers suck, the Bears will have some immediate ammunition to make a deal for Caleb Martin. You've got to have a team who already has their quarterback to land #1. And you've got to hope the Cardinals want to stick with Kyler Murray.

The offense feels Fields proof.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:48 am 

It's only because these teams suck that golf and soccer are hot topics on the board. Great job, Chicago. Our next topic of discussion will be a celebrity dodgeball game that took place in Carbondale.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:22 pm 

Nas wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

I have a feeling the Panthers will be better than the Cardinals and I'm sure the Cardinals will take Caleb Williams.

The offense can be Fields-proof if they run a lot. If Moore gets doubled off the line, then Fields will be right back to having to make decisions after the snap. Let's hope to God he's gotten better at that.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Nas wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

I have a feeling the Panthers will be better than the Cardinals and I'm sure the Cardinals will take Caleb Williams.

Yes, it seems the Cardinals know what they're doing sticking with Colt McCoy at QB this season. And they also have the Texans 2024 1st Round pick.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:17 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Hussra wrote:
Combine enough die-hard, enthusiastic even fans with a lack of competition. Chicago should have a 2nd NFL franchise, 2nd NBA team and maybe even 2nd NHL franchise--at least there should be an NHL team in Southern Wisconsin.

The Sacramento Kings' aborted relocation to Anaheim may have been a pretty big hinge point for the NBA. Had they become a third Los Angeles team, I think we would have seen a bunch of similar moves with a third New York team in Jersey and teams doubling up on the Bay Area, DC, and Chicago.

The Whalers tried to move to Auburn Hills. Didn't work.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

No way. Fields is routinely missing receivers and throwing interceptions in 7-on-7s. While it's true that Claypool and Mooney are sitting out, the offense should still be able to dominate in these drills, even with backup receivers. According to Hoge et al, Fields looks good throwing to Moore, and not so good throwing to everyone else. That's an easy problem for opposing defenses to solve.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:27 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

No way. Fields is routinely missing receivers and throwing interceptions in 7-on-7s. While it's true that Claypool and Mooney are sitting out, the offense should still be able to dominate in these drills, even with backup receivers. According to Hoge et al, Fields looks good throwing to Moore, and not so good throwing to everyone else. That's an easy problem for opposing defenses to solve.

Dan Bernkins and Laurence Spiegolmes wrote:
I respect Poles for going out there and acquiring Justin Jefferson and Cooper Kupp back in 2023. Total alpha move. But after a year and change of inconsistent offense, it's time to question whether these receivers really mesh with Fields. It's lazy radio to suggest this is on Fields. We don't do that here. Rather it's time to ask a question no one else is asking; what if Fields is so ultra talented, so above and beyond all the other mortal QBs in this league, that it's simply a matter of Fields being born before his time. Like this is Copernicus stuff here, the guy who said the earth revolved around the sun while everyone else mocked him. He never received the respect he deserved while he was alive - it took centuries before people began to appreciate him. That's what's going on here with Fields.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
good dolphin wrote:
we've already gone through the worst parts with the Bears and even the harshest critic can see something emerging.

RR is blind then

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
God these teams suck. And yes I hate to see it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:22 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Bulls eliminated
Blackhawks - last in the central
WS - second to last in the division
Cubs - second to last in the division
Bears - lol

This town sucks.

Yep, still true. The Cubs being seven above 500 is the "best" thing the city has going for it. lol

2013 CSFMB ROY