It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:06 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
BigW72 wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Wouldn’t you agree TM that even if man can fix/control the climate that the fixes would more effect or cost the middle to lower classes most?

That's an unintended consequence....the goal by the powers that be is using Climate Change as a means of securing and gaining additional power and control. Al Gore and John Kerry are perfect examples. That's not to say, there aren't true actors fighting for preservation of the environment...there are....but like most efforts, the muscle behind it have bastardized Climate Change to their own needs.

Al Gore is a very wealthy man and hasn’t had a job in 23 years.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
pittmike wrote:
Wouldn’t you agree TM that even if man can fix/control the climate that the fixes would more effect or cost the middle to lower classes most?

Are you talking about things like green energy, sustainability, etc?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:38 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Are you talking about things like green energy, sustainability, etc?

Among other things yeah. Coal cheaper than Natural Gas for electricity and no one wants nuclear. Add in all the other desired electric uses like cars, ovens etc and electricity goes higher. That is the tip of the iceberg.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
BigW72 wrote:
That's an unintended consequence....the goal by the powers that be is using Climate Change as a means of securing and gaining additional power and control. Al Gore and John Kerry are perfect examples. That's not to say, there aren't true actors fighting for preservation of the environment...there are....but like most efforts, the muscle behind it have bastardized Climate Change to their own needs.

You sure it's unintended?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:35 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
It's not as hot as you think.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:41 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Why do you reflexively dismiss that the planet is warming and the climate is changing? I can understand not believing that we're responsible for a significant portion of the change or not seeing the benefit of buying a new electric car every 3 years.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:23 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Nas wrote:
Why do you reflexively dismiss that the planet is warming and the climate is changing? I can understand not believing that we're responsible for a significant portion of the change or not seeing the benefit of buying a new electric car every 3 years.

I'm certain the climate is changing. It always has. I won't even rule out man having a significant effect on such change. What I'm 100% certain about is that man isn't going to "save" the planet.

While your movement is limited, you suffer rolling blackouts, your big screens and SUVs are gone, and your quality of life has been reduced, there will be countless Indians and Chinese trying to make better lives for their families by burning coal like a motherfucker.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:55 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
pittmike wrote:
Among other things yeah. Coal cheaper than Natural Gas for electricity and no one wants nuclear. Add in all the other desired electric uses like cars, ovens etc and electricity goes higher. That is the tip of the iceberg.
The tip of the iceberg is that coal, oil, natural gas, etc are finite resources. Its not if they will be depleted, but when. That is reason enough to explore alternative fuels. Surely this won't happen tomorrow or maybe not even in my/your lifetime, but your kids and/or grandkids will likely live to see the depletion of oil.

Nobody wants nuclear but when there is no more coal left in the ground, your grandkids may have no other choice to power their homes.

Rolling Blackouts haven't happened in the US in over three years JOrr, so quit being a lying simpleton (if possible) and cut the bullshit.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:58 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
It's not as hot as you think.
As smart as you're attempting to be, you are definitely not breaking any news here. The NWS here in the US has taken official temperature readings in the shade for decades. If they took readings in the sun, Phoenix would have a high temp of about 140° today.

If "they" were really trying to scare you, wouldn't it just make sense for the NWS to move their thermometers to the sunshine?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6