It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Canada
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:29 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Out your fucking fires out up there already. Jesus, don't they have a Smokey The Bear program? There have to be moose and bear walking down main street to get out of the woods.

Post subject: Re: Canada
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:34 am 

Masks are back!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:33 am 

they'll put them out with ruffles all dressed and ketchup spray.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:35 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
https://youtu.be/fXeWT8CQ6uc?t=12

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
pittmike wrote:
Out your fucking fires out up there already. Jesus, don't they have a Smokey The Bear program? There have to be moose and bear walking down main street to get out of the woods.

I heard on the news yesterday that 2-3 years ago, Trudeau was told that the forest in its country needed to be thinned out and brush and undergrowth removed as part of forest management. This opinion was made by experts familiar with wild fire prevention and forest management. The moron refused and the rest is history. The same ignorance has occurred in my state, california for decades.

Its remarkable and ironic that the opponents to this common sense action are the same people now who are moaning and groaning are the liberal environmental stupes and who are blaming these fires and air pollution on the catch all "climate change". :twisted:

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Signs like this all over Waushara county remind me not to recklessly burn.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:48 pm 

too many people exist. forest fires are natural and canada sucks just as much as california so who cares if they burn.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
a genius wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nas wrote:
a genius wrote:

:lol: :lol:

:lol:

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Are we winning or losing the smoke wars?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Darkside wrote:
Are we winning or losing the smoke wars?

As long as we have Caller Knob and Hawaii blow You, we are winning the smoking pole wars.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:05 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Fuckers are trying to burn down the White House....AGAIN!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Well the Chicago skyline just disappeared in the smoke and haze. Stupid Canadians.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
The Hawk wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I heard on the news yesterday that 2-3 years ago, Trudeau was told that the forest in its country needed to be thinned out and brush and undergrowth removed as part of forest management. This opinion was made by experts familiar with wild fire prevention and forest management. The moron refused and the rest is history. The same ignorance has occurred in my state, california for decades.

Its remarkable and ironic that the opponents to this common sense action are the same people now who are moaning and groaning are the liberal environmental stupes and who are blaming these fires and air pollution on the catch all "climate change". :twisted:

There is a subculture within the environmental movement that advocates returning managed woodlands to unmanaged wildlands. Their motivation is to maximize forest carbon storage capacity by ending the use of management strategies that yield structural complexity (ie creating varied openings, different kinds of canopies, multiple growth stages, etc). Aside from increasing the likelihood of wildfires, this concept is idiotic on multiple levels:

1) Forests across the U.S. are under siege from introduced and range-shifting invasive species, the latter of which are expanding their growth areas due to climate change. Management is essential to promote forest resilience.

2) Forests serve as habitat for many different forms of wildlife. Invasive species, climate change, development and fragmentation are collectively undermining the ability of forests to maintain this ecological function. Loss of biodiversity is environmentally damaging in a wide range of areas.

3) Fires obviously negate carbon storage, so the increasingly popular "return to the wild" approach is inherently contradictory.

We need to manage forests to promote resiliency in the face of climate change and invasive species. Resilent forests are structurally complex, highly diverse at the species level, and are future-adapted to projected climate changes. None of this can happen on its own.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Tall Midget wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
pittmike wrote:

There is a subculture within the environmental movement that advocates returning managed woodlands to unmanaged wildlands. Their motivation is to maximize forest carbon storage capacity by ending the use of management strategies that yield structural complexity (ie creating varied openings, different kinds of canopies, multiple growth stages, etc). Aside from increasing the likelihood of wildfires, this concept is idiotic on multiple levels:

1) Forests across the U.S. are under siege from introduced and range-shifting invasive species, the latter of which are expanding their growth areas due to climate change. Management is essential to promote forest resilience.

2) Forests serve as habitat for many different forms of wildlife. Invasive species, climate change, development and fragmentation are collectively undermining the ability of forests to maintain this ecological function. Loss of biodiversity is environmentally damaging in a wide range of areas.

3) Fires obviously negate carbon storage, so the increasingly popular "return to the wild" approach is inherently contradictory.

We need to manage forests to promote resiliency in the face of climate change and invasive species. Resilent forests are structurally complex, highly diverse at the species level, and are future-adapted to projected climate changes. None of this can happen on its own.

Wasn't there also some movement to profit-ize carbon storage? In other words, there could be some annual incentive to convert to unmanaged land in order to combat deforestation. I never understood where the money would come from or how they could reach a high enough incentive to outweigh the alternative.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:28 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Did you run out of water up there, you hosers? Getting kind of tired of this, eh.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:49 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Pretty smoky here up north just over the IL border, and with the heavy wet clouds above is seems to have trapped it below for us.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:33 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Tall Midget wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Isn't the concept of an "invasive species" anthropocentric? At some point all species were "invasive." What we consider an "invasive species" is only based upon a paradigm that man prefers.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:22 am 
1000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Isn't the concept of an "invasive species" anthropocentric? At some point all species were "invasive." What we consider an "invasive species" is only based upon a paradigm that man prefers.

The concept of an invasive species is both ecosystem-centric and anthropocentric.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:41 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
pittmike wrote:

The concept of an invasive species is both ecosystem-centric and anthropocentric.

If that's all you have to say, I'll take it as a victory. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
This is unreal, like wrath of God stuff.

Can't even go outside today. The CSO picked a bad day for having their season ending concert in the park.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
It’s pretty gross out there.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
pittmike wrote:

If that's all you have to say, I'll take it as a victory. :lol:

I'm not sure what you mean. Surely you above all others here appreciate the need to manage ecosystems so that we continue to reap the benefits from them that allow MANY to maintain their standard of living. Sustaining ecosystem function is central to this where forests are concerned.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:

You're in Indiana or Wisconsin?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:15 pm 

Nas wrote:

:evil:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:

I'm only a moth.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:25 pm 

Nas wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:

I'm only a moth.

You don't have to be jealous, just move up here.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:19 pm 

pittmike wrote:

Mussolini wannabi Justin Trudeau is likely blaming truck drivers for causing the out of control fires that were actually caused by piss poor forestation policies that threaten his population and that of its neighbor the United States.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:21 pm 

W_Z wrote:
they'll put them out with ruffles all dressed and ketchup spray.

Maybe instead of ketchup, they'll coat Maple Syrup on the front of them?