It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dion sanders
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:59 pm 

Heavily prompted as the Colorado potheads coach. He looks like Kevin Costner in drag.

Post subject: Re: Dion sanders
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
CU +21 at kick-off (ML +730 Buffaloes -1180 Horned Frogs) and it's 7-0 Prime Time

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:42 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:15 pm 

Every time I think TCU's worn down the Buffaloes and gonna roll, Prime Time's guys pull a rabbit out of their hat and pick up a big gain, hit another TD pass and re-take the lead.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:21 pm 

If Colorado could cover a run this game would be over. They let TCU bust way too many long runs that should've been 3 yard gains.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:30 pm 

I was happy to take them at +200 when they were leading.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:07 pm 

Bold move. Even tho I was cheering for Coach Prime's team to win, I really thought TCU would wear em down and pull ahead at the end. Good job by Deion to motivate his team across the finish line to take home the W.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:48 pm 

Honestly.. if Dion sanders told me I was bein a bitch and needed to push harder, I would do it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
While it can be tough listening to Sander's line of shit, HIS TEAM DID WIN . It also is great when noted wind bags and ANALysts like COLON COWHERD blowing their predictions by so much.

Wins like this one, and Sanders propping up his players, if they continue, will absolutely bring a procession of tier one high school prospects beating a path to Colorado.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
The Hawk wrote:
While it can be tough listening to Sander's line of shit, HIS TEAM DID WIN . It also is great when noted wind bags and ANALysts like COLON COWHERD blowing their predictions by so much.

Wins like this one, and Sanders propping up his players, if they continue, will absolutely bring a procession of tier one high school prospects beating a path to Colorado.

that colin cowherd guy is the absolute worst. i saw his show a few times and it sucks. the score personalities of today are even better than him. his sidekick also sucks. he's like some 20 year old guy who thinks he knows it all about the sports world.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Collin Cowherd? What’s next, Writeoff Dogpack?!?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:46 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:25 am 

I think it's amusing how the ones being portrayed as the bad people in this are those who questioned whether in college football that you should literally kick out most of your college students because they aren't good enough at football and you want better players.

I get that big time college sports are pretty much professional sports at this point but I still think it was fair to question the idea that Deion sat down the team and said "You guys all suck. I'm getting rid of most of you and getting people who don't suck."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:29 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Brick wrote:
I get that big time college sports are pretty much professional sports at this point but I still think it was fair to question the idea that Deion sat down the team and said "You guys all suck. I'm getting rid of most of you and getting people who don't suck."

It's not like Deion Sanders invented that model. It's done in all big time programs, albeit with less bravado.

If you're a student-athlete that's abusive. If you're a paid professional, it's the free market at work.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:33 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:

It's not like Deion Sanders invented that model. It's done in all big time programs, albeit with less bravado.

If you're a student-athlete that's abusive. If you're a paid professional, it's the free market at work.

He kind of did invent the model though. The only really similar examples are those with scandals and sanctions prior to this and that was pretty much decisions by the players to leave.

Colorado had 48 transfers. A year ago, you could only sign 25 players a year and it was in response to one coach signing 37 players.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:20 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:

He kind of did invent the model though. The only really similar examples are those with scandals and sanctions prior to this and that was pretty much decisions by the players to leave.

Colorado had 48 transfers. A year ago, you could only sign 25 players a year and it was in response to one coach signing 37 players.

He just scaled it up.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:29 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:

He just scaled it up.

That seems like an understatement. 48 transfers out of 85 scholarships is unprecedented.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:54 am 

Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:

Atleast he told them upfront. Many coaches do not.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:35 pm 

Brick wrote:
I think it's amusing how the ones being portrayed as the bad people in this are those who questioned whether in college football that you should literally kick out most of your college students because they aren't good enough at football and you want better players.

I agree with you. My knowledge is with college baseball and college soccer not football, but I think that it is worse with football most of all. There should be a sort of college athlete bill of rights that guarantee them their scholarship not be taken from them if they did not violate what they signed up for when committing to a school.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:37 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:

Yep.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:31 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:

He just scaled it up.

He's a preacher, presumably accepting being held to a higher standard.

I don't really care. The mechanics of college football couldn't be more grotesque, so much so, that his actions aren't even remarkable in the environment.

I like him, generally. He's like a friend who you know is a narcissist and you can find the humor in it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:55 am 

Trump/@CoachPrime 2024:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:52 pm 

Better find some grown men up front.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
What I find interesting is that the most pro-labor liberal guy I know hates Sanders and is posting jubilantly that CU is losing today.

Anybody who is pro-labor should want Sanders to succeed, and with their schedule 7-5 would be a massive success for year 1. Let the best players get paid with NIL money. Give them leverage to stay for their senior year instead of being a 4th round draft pick, because they will make more money in school.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:29 pm 

Sanders is a blind cheerleader. It will work for a season or two and then be completely exposed for the incompetency.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
His brand is bringing in millions for the local economy. He'll have the NIL money to compete with the major programs. I think a lot of kids will want to play for him too.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:37 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
His brand is bringing in millions for the local economy. He'll have the NIL money to compete with the major programs. I think a lot of kids will want to play for him too.

How does Alabama compete? With Boss Hogg Chevrolet Malibus?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Great game today.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

How does Alabama compete? With Boss Hogg Chevrolet Malibus?

Saban will need to evolve.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:02 pm 

Breaking news: Chicago bears hire Dion sanders for HC
Justin Fields promises his eyes are fixed. Vegas money line for bears Superbowl this year has just been changed to -3000