It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: NYPD
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Undercover narcotics operation, they know they have the guy dealing to one of their officers and the guy is fleeing.

Why not catch the guy committing a crime that isn't created by the cops themselves?

So you are blaming undercover cops instead of the guy with three kids who chose to commit the crime in the first place? JORR for Chicago Mayor!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:12 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Undercover narcotics operation, they know they have the guy dealing to one of their officers and the guy is fleeing.

Why not catch the guy committing a crime that isn't created by the cops themselves?

So you are blaming undercover cops instead of the guy with three kids who chose to commit the crime in the first place? JORR for Chicago Mayor!

If crimes are being committed it is the job of police to discover such and stop it by making arrests. It is NOT the job of police to create crimes by posing as/being criminals themselves.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:40 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

If crimes are being committed it is the job of police to discover such and stop it by making arrests. It is NOT the job of police to create crimes by posing as/being criminals themselves.

An argument can be made that the criminal would have committed the same action regardless if it was a cop or not. I get the argument of entrapment, but it still feels like you are blaming the cops instead of the criminal who commits the actual action. If you can't say no to drugs, or prostitutes, or whatever, and you as the criminal make the conscious decision to commit a criminal action related to it, its your own fault regardless of the situation. In fact, an argument could also be made that the cops could inevitably help people through entrapment. Maybe being arrested is the event that turns a person's life around. Maybe its the opportunity for that person to fix things.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:56 am 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

An argument can be made that the criminal would have committed the same action regardless if it was a cop or not. I get the argument of entrapment, but it still feels like you are blaming the cops instead of the criminal who commits the actual action. If you can't say no to drugs, or prostitutes, or whatever, and you as the criminal make the conscious decision to commit a criminal action related to it, its your own fault regardless of the situation. In fact, an argument could also be made that the cops could inevitably help people through entrapment. Maybe being arrested is the event that turns a person's life around. Maybe its the opportunity for that person to fix things.

Was there a crime without the cop as a buyer? Is a buyer of drugs a criminal or a victim? If there are rampant drug sales why do cops need to pose as buyers/criminals? Are drug sales good if they're sanctioned by government?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:06 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Was there a crime without the cop as a buyer? Is a buyer of drugs a criminal or a victim? If there are rampant drug sales why do cops need to pose as buyers/criminals? Are drug sales good if they're sanctioned by government?

The drug transaction is the crime. The buyer and seller can both be criminals, but the cop is replacing one or the other. There are no victims. How would someone become a victim if they knowingly engaged in a criminal transaction when they were of sound mind and body? If I'm speeding at 130 MPH past a cop speed trap, am I a victim of the speed trap? No. I'm a criminal because I knowingly went over 55 MPH or whatever. Cops posing as the buyer/seller must have a purpose or they wouldn't do it. I assume the risk to their lives is the same, but maybe that assumption is wrong because its a controlled environment for the cop. I don't believe undercover operations have a long-lasting effect on drug activity, but I'd imagine they have some tactical effect. I don't understand the last question.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

do you think having bait cars might have an effect on carjackings ?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:28 pm 
Site Admin

The drug transaction is the crime. The buyer and seller can both be criminals, but the cop is replacing one or the other. There are no victims. How would someone become a victim if they knowingly engaged in a criminal transaction when they were of sound mind and body? If I'm speeding at 130 MPH past a cop speed trap, am I a victim of the speed trap? No. I'm a criminal because I knowingly went over 55 MPH or whatever. Cops posing as the buyer/seller must have a purpose or they wouldn't do it. I assume the risk to their lives is the same, but maybe that assumption is wrong because its a controlled environment for the cop. I don't believe undercover operations have a long-lasting effect on drug activity, but I'd imagine they have some tactical effect. I don't understand the last question.

In a speed trap, as questionable as it might be (as in places where the speed limit suddenly drops by 20 mph for no apparent reason), the cop is not acting as a criminal.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:42 pm 
Site Admin

Bagels wrote:
do you think having bait cars might have an effect on carjackings ?

I have no idea if they're effective, but it isn't police engaging in criminal activity to catch other criminals.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
I don't think sting operations are a new or immoral thing, jorr.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:55 pm 
Site Admin

Darkside wrote:

I don't think our law enforcement officials should be engaging in criminal actions whether they justify it as a "sting operation" or not. It doesn't matter if it's a fed like Ray Epps attempting to get some poor sap wound up so Dem-o-rats can declare that an insurrection occurred or it's a cop posing as a junkie to buy drugs.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Would the same opposition apply if the other side was not a criminal (such as an underage girl being targeted by a pedophile)?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:42 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Darkside wrote:

I don't think our law enforcement officials should be engaging in criminal actions whether they justify it as a "sting operation" or not. It doesn't matter if it's a fed like Ray Epps attempting to get some poor sap wound up so Dem-o-rats can declare that an insurrection occurred or it's a cop posing as a junkie to buy drugs.

Is that because of a moral issue? Morally its not right to entrap people? I'm really struggling with your argument against law enforcement acting as a criminal to identify other criminals based on their action. Scooter guy was going to commit a crime of transacting drugs whether it was a sting operation or it was a dealer on a corner. This still feels like blaming Kia for making cars too easy to carjack instead of the carjackers.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
“There’s a lot of reignited trauma coming from those who’ve seen loved ones smacked upside the head with a cooler,” Sanchez went on to elaborate.

While crime has continued to trend upward in the Big Apple, cooler related assaults had seen a marked decline. That is, until Mr. Duprey took his fateful ride.

the 'day care' facility in the bronx (kingsbridge heights) that saw a 1 y/o die after inhaling fentanyl...is close to the park/cooler. the 'day care' was run by dominicans, i believe here illegally. the state of new york pays for the day care of children born to illegals/poor citizens, hence maybe some of the moms sending their kids there didn't vet the place/owners. this day care was open for months without any children attending...only adults coming and going.

i remember the scooter rider's family and friends who claimed he didn't deal drugs. drugs are all over their neighborhood. every nook and cranny.

apparently, the drugs were stored under mattresses the children slept on. terrible. the dominican woman who ran the day care center, apparently made 3 calls to her business partners before calling 911 for the children.

in other new york news, the city council is considering removing the christopher columbus statue from columbus circle.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
in other new york news, the city council is considering removing the christopher columbus statue from columbus circle.

They should replace it with a bronzed Yeti.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:24 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

They should replace it with a bronzed Yeti.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
:lol: