It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NYPD
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:00 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Drones monitoring backyard parties and shooting orders from the sky.

Things like "Turn the music down!" and "Trump is a threat to democracy"

Post subject: Re: NYPD
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:04 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Shoot those fuckers down. The People must rise up.

Hooray for the Blade Runners.

https://www.thenationalnews.com/world/u ... ss-london/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:18 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Cops "just doing their job". Nobody, I mean nobody, wants these cameras or this law. Yet these enforcers who "serve and protect" will hunt these vandalizers down and the prosecute them to the fullest extent.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:37 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
a week and a half ago, an undercover nypd sergeant killed a suspected drug dealer by throwing a cooler full of ice and drinks at him as the suspect tried to escape arrest on a motorbike. some people were picnicking right there and the cooler seemed handy to the sergeant. the cooler hit the suspect and he crashed into a parked car and was killed instantly.

here's some reaction:

Quote:
The Bronx neighborhood of Kingsbridge is still reeling from the death of Eric Duprey, 30, who was killed on Wednesday evening.

An NYPD sergeant reportedly threw a cooler at him while he was fleeing from police following a drug sale, causing him to fall off his motorbike, according to several media outlets and confirmed by surveillance video of the incident.

New York City’s Office of Chief Medical Examiner ruled his death a homicide Friday evening — with the cause of death deemed “blunt force injuries of head.”

Councilmember Pierina Sanchez, who represents District 14 which includes Kingsbridge, said her constituents are struggling to process the caught-on-video incident.

“The mood and the feeling is just pain,” Sanchez told Gothamist by phone on Friday. “There's a lot of shock. There's a lot of reignited trauma in the community.”

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:02 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
“There’s a lot of reignited trauma coming from those who’ve seen loved ones smacked upside the head with a cooler,” Sanchez went on to elaborate.

While crime has continued to trend upward in the Big Apple, cooler related assaults had seen a marked decline. That is, until Mr. Duprey took his fateful ride.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

Last edited by This Ends in Antioch on Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:09 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
That weak sauce unarmed aerial shit doesn't fly in Detroit. Mofreakin' homeless dudes grab a rifle out of their personnel arsenal that would make a 2A MAGA hat jelly and pop those fuckers out of the sky like NVA's in Apocalypse Meow:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:12 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
JFC, that story on the cooler really describes how fucked up this country is right now. This is no different than the bullshit with the Chicago mayor suing Kia. No one wants to blame the drug dealer or the carjacker. Its always the fault of the cops or the government.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:14 am 

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
JFC, that story on the cooler really describes how fucked up this country is right now. This is no different than the bullshit with the Chicago mayor suing Kia. No one wants to blame the drug dealer or the carjacker. Its always the fault of the cops or the government.

The NY cop should be praised for his resourcefulness.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:14 am 

While I agree with this post, there's a bigger surveillance state and this is just one drop in the bucket. The only difference is the drone is literally in your face where the rest of the monitoring is hidden behind your phone access, transactions, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:22 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
While I agree with this post, there's a bigger surveillance state and this is just one drop in the bucket. The only difference is the drone is literally in your face where the rest of the monitoring is hidden behind your phone access, transactions, etc.

And that is why Snowden is a whistleblower and a hero…..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:22 am 
Site Admin

Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Cops "just doing their job". Nobody, I mean nobody, wants these cameras or this law. Yet these enforcers who "serve and protect" will hunt these vandalizers down and the prosecute them to the fullest extent.

It's similar to cops knocking people down and beating them "for their health" during the COVID Crisis. The People don't want it but we accept it and totalitarianism takes over.

Look at Canada. We're fighting a war with Russia ostensibly for "freedom" but Canada is arguably less free than Russia.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:26 am 
Site Admin

Hussra wrote:
That weak sauce unarmed aerial shit doesn't fly in Detroit. Mofreakin' homeless dudes grab a rifle out of their personnel arsenal that would make a 2A MAGA hat jelly and pop those fuckers out of the sky like NVA's in Apocalypse Meow:

That's a cute linguistic trick, calling the drones "Trooper", thus when they are attacked it is viewed as an attack on an officer.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:27 am 

Fairly certain if Canada did what Russia did and invaded their nearest neighbor we'd wallop Kanuckistan with 10x's the force the Ukies used to beat back Mother Russia's unwanted advances.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:29 am 
Site Admin

Come on, man. I'm not against the police using violence in instances where someone is being threatened or perhaps even if someone is stealing, but this was a drug deal that had little effect on anyone but the participants. I'm not a Libertarian, but when the government is pushing CANNABIS sales all over the place it's pretty hard to justify the killing of a guy selling drugs on the sidewalk.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:31 am 
Site Admin

Hussra wrote:
Fairly certain if Canada did what Russia did and invaded their nearest neighbor we'd wallop Kanuckistan with 10x's the force the Ukies used to beat back Mother Russia's unwanted advances.

Except Russia reclaiming Crimea isn't the reason that is most often cited for U.S. participation in this war. Should we talk about all the other invasions that the U.S. ignores? Or maybe the ones the U.S. conducts?

We're supposed to be defending "freedom" as we police our own citizens with drones and shrug as our closest neighbor conducts show trials of political protesters.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:32 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

That's a cute linguistic trick, calling the drones "Trooper", thus when they are attacked it is viewed as an attack on an officer.

Meet Trooper "ED":

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:34 am 

the sergeant is suspended without pay, i believe. the victim has other family in the usa and apparently, they've made indirect threats against the cop's life.

this is the new america. dominican immigrants & illegals who bring their culture and lifestyle here and turn a part of the bronx into the dominican rep. the suspect allegedly sold crack cocaine to the undercover sergeant. the transaction occurred on sidewalk bordering a park, where kids play and others picnic. the victim's neighbors claim he wasn't a drug dealer.

it's always the cops' fault. councilmember 14 of the bronx, knows who her constituents are along with the mood of the democratic party and her comments are fitting.

even if caught on video, innocence must always be presumed. allow a bench judge or jury decide guilt or innocence. through his actions, the cop didn't allow that to happen for this suspect.

all in all, you're right. the nation is upside down. bottom line, new precedents have been set in regards to police chases and pursuits. the expectation is to allow the alleged criminals to escape arrest, if they flee. by pursuing, the police put the safety of the general public at risk.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:41 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Come on, man. I'm not against the police using violence in instances where someone is being threatened or perhaps even if someone is stealing, but this was a drug deal that had little effect on anyone but the participants. I'm not a Libertarian, but when the government is pushing CANNABIS sales all over the place it's pretty hard to justify the killing of a guy selling drugs on the sidewalk.

He tried selling the cop crack and then fled when he was going to be arrested, driving down a crowded sidewalk on a scooter.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:48 am 

Probably trying to avoid crime destroying NYC like it has for Chicago's booming downtown.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:49 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Brick wrote:
Probably trying to avoid crime destroying NYC like it has for Chicago's booming downtown.

Did you hear about Ukraine?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:53 am 

Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

Did you hear about Ukraine?
Try that in a small town in Ukraine.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:24 am 
Site Admin

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

He tried selling the cop crack and then fled when he was going to be arrested, driving down a crowded sidewalk on a scooter.

You think that's a death penalty offense without trial? I know you don't. It wouldn't have been difficult for the cop to determine his identity. There was no need to immediately apprehend him with a cooler attack. At a minimum it shows terrible judgment.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Let's hear it for Judge Dredd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:36 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You think that's a death penalty offense without trial? I know you don't. It wouldn't have been difficult for the cop to determine his identity. There was no need to immediately apprehend him with a cooler attack. At a minimum it shows terrible judgment.

Allowing criminals to flee in the hope you can catch them later doesn’t seem like great police work.

I don’t blame the cop for the cooler smack down. The drug dealer brought it on himself when he decided to ride a motorized vehicle on a sidewalk.

Guy didn’t deserve to die or anything, but play stupid games…

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:44 am 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Allowing criminals to flee in the hope you can catch them later doesn’t seem like great police work.

I don’t blame the cop for the cooler smack down. The drug dealer brought it on himself when he decided to ride a motorized vehicle on a sidewalk.

Guy didn’t deserve to die or anything, but play stupid games…

Like I said, I think that there are times when it is appropriate for cops to put hands- coolers?- on citizens. I don't think this was one of them.

Also. I completely disagree with law enforcement pretending to be criminals, whether it's at a Dominican picnic or a Trump rally.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:47 am 

“There’s a lot of reignited trauma coming from those who’ve seen loved ones smacked upside the head with a cooler,” Sanchez went on to elaborate.

While crime has continued to trend upward in the Big Apple, cooler related assaults had seen a marked decline. That is, until Mr. Duprey took his fateful ride.

she's endorsed 'defund the police' and it seems that may have helped her election win. she may be of the opinion that 'lack of opportunities' compel her citizens to sell drugs. family & friends in nyc say she's an AOC clone.

Last edited by NWsider4-3-3 on Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:56 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

It feels like the context matters. Undercover narcotics operation, they know they have the guy dealing to one of their officers and the guy is fleeing. If it was some dude at a college dorm pushing weed, the cops aren't going to go out of their way to catch the guy. An undercover operation? Likely means its more than pot and a higher risk to the officers. They are going to respond differently. Also the dude was driving a scooter on the sidewalk, so people were also at risk.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:57 am 

I'm hoping to hear Shabbir's thoughts on this.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:03 am 
Site Admin

Undercover narcotics operation, they know they have the guy dealing to one of their officers and the guy is fleeing.

Why not catch the guy committing a crime that isn't created by the cops themselves?