It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:55 am 

For all getting swept and now we don't have any baseball today.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:02 am 

Yep, these four teams all had great seasons, but in the end, they only played 2 more games than the White Sox...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:06 am 

pretty crazy that all of them were sweeps. You would think at least 1 would get to game 3.

I guess it just lets all of us focus on the bears today :pukel:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:16 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The Rays. Started out 13-0 and couldn't win the division. Didn't hit double digit losses until mid May.

They have won 285 regular season games the last three years, and have one playoff win to show for it. They have scored a grand total of 2 runs losing all four games the last two years in the WC series. That's pathetic.

For all of the fawning over what a great manager Kevin Cash is, for whatever reason his teams fail to get it done in the playoffs recently.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:21 am 

Cash and Counsel both appear to be really good season managers that cannot make that translate to the post season.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Rays. Started out 13-0 and couldn't win the division. Didn't hit double digit losses until mid May.

They have won 285 regular season games the last three years, and have one playoff win to show for it. They have scored a grand total of 2 runs losing all four games the last two years in the WC series. That's pathetic.

For all of the fawning over what a great manager Kevin Cash is, for whatever reason his teams fail to get it done in the playoffs recently.

The Rays had an insane amount of injuries, especially to pitching. Losing McClanahan was a killer, losing Jeffrey Springs and Brandon Lowe didn't help, and dealing with Wander Franco fucking 13 year old girls was just the dingleberry on a shit sundae.

But the Rays are also built to be a regular season team to survive the AL East. Built for a lot of matchups and waves of 1-2 WAR depth, but not a lot of star power besides Arozarena, McClanahan, a mid-season Glasgow return, and Franco.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: What??
RFDC wrote:
Cash and Counsel both appear to be really good season managers that cannot make that translate to the post season.

You will eventually get buried overmanaging in the playoffs. It will be sooner, or it will be later.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
I hate those 3 game series. I get it for wild card teams, but it seems like if you win the division you should get a 5 game series.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:10 am 
100000 CLUB

There are too many MLB playoff teams and too much interleague play.

If MLB wants to keep this Wild Card nonsense, they have to go back to East West divisions only. If you're in a 5 team division, you should be playing those division opponents 16-18 times a year like what happened previously. This is getting dangerously close to the NBA and NHL where half the league makes the playoffs. 6 months of playing baseball almost every day shouldn't reward mediocrity.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:11 am 

Franky T wrote:
I hate those 3 game series. I get it for wild card teams, but it seems like if you win the division you should get a 5 game series.

yeah I kind of agree. If they are going to keep this setup over the long haul they need to go to 2 divisions or eliminate divisions all together. That 3rd division is really meaningless.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
There are too many MLB playoff teams and too much interleague play.

If MLB wants to keep this Wild Card nonsense, they have to go back to East West divisions only. If you're in a 5 team division, you should be playing those division opponents 16-18 times a year like what happened previously. This is getting dangerously close to the NBA and NHL where half the league makes the playoffs. 6 months of playing baseball almost every day shouldn't reward mediocrity.

Interleague is the biggest clusterfuck. I enjoyed it when it was first introduced, but it really has destroyed the scheduling. Having each team play at least one series against all teams is ridiculous.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:22 am 

Going to be hard to get them to change anything when you look at the attendance figures at the ballparks this year, up almost 10% across the league.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:27 am 
100000 CLUB

BigW72 wrote:
Interleague is the biggest clusterfuck. I enjoyed it when it was first introduced, but it really has destroyed the scheduling. Having each team play at least one series against all teams is ridiculous.
It makes no sense now with universal DH. I liked it a few games a year previously.

Hawg Ass wrote:
Going to be hard to get them to change anything when you look at the attendance figures at the ballparks this year, up almost 10% across the league.
Keep the number of playoff teams, but go back to East West divisions. Let those two teams get the bye, and then you can have umpteen Wild Cards.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Nardi wrote:
RFDC wrote:

You will eventually get buried overmanaging in the playoffs. It will be sooner, or it will be later.

THIS.
I haven't watched a lot of Rays baseball, but Counsell for sure overmanages. I cannot stand him.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:37 am 
100000 CLUB

I'm not saying Cash doesn't overmanage, but the Rays have scored 2 total runs over their last four playoff games. You can't win many games in April or May let alone October scoring at that rate.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:42 am 

BigW72 wrote:
Nardi wrote:
RFDC wrote:

THIS.
I haven't watched a lot of Rays baseball, but Counsell for sure overmanages. I cannot stand him.

Counsell didn't over manage this one, Burnes was given a 3-0 lead and couldn't hold it. Peralta was given a lead and couldn't hold it. The Brewers had 30 baw runners in 2 games and managed 5 fucking runs.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:51 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:

That’s what’s happening in all of these sports, it just keeps getting fed. We are probably going to eventually have an NFL team in London simply because greed will win out. I wouldn’t be surprised if baseball follows suit with it if it happens.

Everything about professional sports is bloated now, and it’s going to keep…blowing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:53 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Frank Coztansa wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
It makes no sense now with universal DH. I liked it a few games a year previously.

These. It was great when all teams played their interleague games within a span of a few weeks in the middle of the summer. I'd much rather see more divisional games and less interleague.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Franky T wrote:

So which team would come back and win three straight? Because otherwise no outcome would change.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Hawg Ass wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Nardi wrote:
RFDC wrote:

THIS.

Counsell didn't over manage this one, Burnes was given a 3-0 lead and couldn't hold it. Peralta was given a lead and couldn't hold it. The Brewers had 30 baw runners in 2 games and managed 5 fucking runs.

Given that the Brewers would need to win 13 games to be champs, it would just be a matter of time before he personally blew a game.