It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bulls Fans
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
To start the thread: "Bulls fans are classless for booing the memory of Jerry Krause!"

Same guy currently: "Here's exactly how useless and buffoonish Jerry Krause was as Bulls GM!"

He's an Asskisser. Come and PLAY IN HIS DIRECTION. He's an Asskisser. Kissing Ass for YOUR affection!

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Because in the end, It's Reinsdorf's fault. He's the guy who valued Crumbs over Jordan.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Yeah the guy who could never get back to the playoffs once Jordan left was the "key" to it all. His acquisition of players like Cliff "Good News" Livingston and Ed Neely were the sort of moves that put the Bulls "over the hump" as far as Vegan is concerned.

The best was when Kukoc just showed up to the berto center one day and started practicing with the team out of nowhere. Great walk on story. Maybe second best story after Rodman who met Perdue for coffee one day and they mutually agreed to switch teams to see if anyone would notice. Unbelievable stories behind how the dynasty teams came together in your telling.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:40 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Because in the end, It's Reinsdorf's fault. He's the guy who valued Crumbs over Jordan.

I don't know. I think Krause gets too much blame for both breaking the dynasty up and building it in the first place. It all began and ended with Jordan. Once he didn't have enough to win again (which I don't think he did) it was bound to be over anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
To start the thread: "Bulls fans are classless for booing the memory of Jerry Krause!"

Same guy currently: "Here's exactly how useless and buffoonish Jerry Krause was as Bulls GM!"

He's an Asskisser. Come and PLAY IN HIS DIRECTION. He's an Asskisser. Kissing Ass for YOUR affection!

Don't get upset with me because you can't maintain logical coherence in a thread YOU started.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:41 pm 

Don't get upset with me because you can't maintain logical coherence in a thread YOU started.

Kissing Ass in THEIR DIRECTION!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:42 pm 
Site Admin

veganfan21 wrote:
Yeah the guy who could never get back to the playoffs once Jordan left was the "key" to it all. His acquisition of players like Cliff "Good News" Livingston and Ed Neely were the sort of moves that put the Bulls "over the hump" as far as Vegan is concerned.

The best was when Kukoc just showed up to the berto center one day and started practicing with the team out of nowhere. Great walk on story. Maybe second best story after Rodman who met Perdue for coffee one day and they mutually agreed to switch teams to see if anyone would notice. Unbelievable stories behind how the dynasty teams came together in your telling.

Bill Cartwright getting a flat tire by the Berto Center and wandering in there for help, was the best move ever.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:46 pm 

Yeah trading for the Knicks aging backup center was just the sort of move that MANY predicted would push the Bulls over the top back in 88. Only surpassed by the greatness of the decision to pass on Rod Strickland and draft career benchwarmer Will Perdue instead. If only "WE" could have seen the ingenious decisions being made by "The Sleuth" at the time, then "WE" would not be having this conversation.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:48 pm 

It's true. I think the entire city would be on board with exchanging six rings for the opportunity to go back into time and draft Rod Strickland.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:52 pm 

Yeah the decision to draft Perdue really made the difference. As MANY Chicagoans fully realized. Man his combined 20 minutes in the playoffs during that first 3peat surely was "instrumental to victory" wasn't it? As were the announcements made by Ray Clay during his introductory ceremonies.

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:53 pm 

Nardi wrote:

I don't know. I think Krause gets too much blame for both breaking the dynasty up and building it in the first place. It all began and ended with Jordan. Once he didn't have enough to win again (which I don't think he did) it was bound to be over anyway.

Jordan was born to win. An overachiever with the best talent. And as far as I'm concerned, Purdue Rick nailed it with about 12 words.

Vegan has a right to point out we're Jordan fans more than Bulls fans. But I saw him a couple hundred times in person and I never saw anything like it and am 100% sure I will never see it again.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:54 pm 

The Bulls were only great because of Jordan!
You can't blame Carmelo because his teams never did anything!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:56 pm 

Brick wrote:

Biggest indictment of Carmelo is that he wasn't Michael Jeffrey Jordan. Oh the Indignation of it! How will he ever sleep at night as a result? Just Asking A Question

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:00 pm 

Brick wrote:

Biggest indictment of Carmelo is that he wasn't Michael Jeffrey Jordan. Oh the Indignation of it! How will he ever sleep at night as a result? Just Asking A Question

There are much, much, much bigger indictments of Carmelo Anthony.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nardi wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Jordan was born to win. An overachiever with the best talent. And as far as I'm concerned, Purdue Rick nailed it with about 12 words.

Vegan has a right to point out we're Jordan fans more than Bulls fans. But I saw him a couple hundred times in person and I never saw anything like it and am 100% sure I will never see it again.

Truth.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:04 pm 

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

There are much, much, much bigger indictments of Carmelo Anthony.

There would be MANY more for Pippen and Krause if they didn't have the LUXURY of being associated with MJeff. As history has shown

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:15 pm 

Pippen was one the best defensive non-centers I've ever seen. I was glad to have him and defended him when most of Chicago didn't much care for him. Very few adopted him until the '93 Knicks playoff series where he carried them, and even then, it was somewhat fleeting after that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:18 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Pippen was one the best defensive non-centers I've ever seen. I was glad to have him and defended him when most of Chicago didn't much care for him. Very few adopted him until the '93 Knicks playoff series where he carried them, and even then, it was somewhat fleeting after that.

Yep. Thank goodness he sort of just appeared out of nowhere. Might be the only player in history for which there's no detailed information about his origin story and how the team came to know of his existence.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:23 pm 

Nardi wrote:

He had a few things which are far more "indictable" than anything Carmelo Anthony ever did. First Migraine Headache in that Detroit series. Secondly 1.8 seconds in that New York series. Both were capital offenses if you are a "money" player as an athlete.

There were others as well. Such as when he held off on getting the surgery in the last dance season just because he was shitty about a contract HE SIGNED and trade rumors. And at the time Shawn "The Rain Man" Kemp was clearly the better player. Krause should have pulled the trigger on that particular deal.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:28 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Nardi wrote:

. Might be the only player in history for which there's no detailed information about his origin story and how the team came to know of his existence.
Actually there is. That would be Marty Blake (then head of NBA scouting) who first tipped your guy Krause off on just who Scottie Pippen was. Though he would love to have YOU think otherwise. Great to see you continue to buy into the "myth" of how No Tipping was "discovered" however. The "Sleuth", The "Sleuth", Its got to be The Sleuth accordind to MANY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:36 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Yep. Thank goodness he sort of just appeared out of nowhere. Might be the only player in history for which there's no detailed information about his origin story and how the team came to know of his existence.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:56 pm 

In NBA circles, Krause's trade for Dennis Hopson was simply regarded as a "gamechanging" move. It Drastically "altered" the course of the franchise.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:02 pm 

In NBA circles, Krause's trade for Dennis Hopson was simply regarded as a "gamechanging" move. It Drastically "altered" the course of the franchise.

Should be a 30 for 30: how the Bulls could have emerged as a powerhouse team in the 90s by drafting Rod Strickland and redoing the Hopson trade. Oh what could have been. It'll be very depressing to watch.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:03 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Nardi wrote:

We get it. Go back to talking about Packers draft pick 4 years ago. We're still unclear on that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:08 pm 

Nardi wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Nardi wrote:

We get it. Go back to talking about Packers draft pick 4 years ago. We're still unclear on that.

I'll stay right here, motherfucker, but thanks for the suggestion. And I'm sorry you're either too drunk or dumb to understand the difference between adding Tee Higgins to a championship-ready core of Rodgers, Adams and Jones fresh off a NFC championship loss vs adding a rookie QB who wouldn't play at all. You're welcome for the insight.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:10 pm 

Nardi wrote:

It's perfect this is posted on January 1.8th! :lol:

For all of Krause's "Hits", there's:

Dragan Tarlac
Dalibor Bagaric
David Kornel
Eddie Curry
....and many more....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:12 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

Should be a 30 for 30: how the Bulls could have emerged as a powerhouse team in the 90s by drafting Rod Strickland and redoing the Hopson trade. Oh what could have been. It'll be very depressing to watch.

Yep. Moves considered instrumental to the Bulls first 3 peat The drafting of Jeff Sanders in 1989

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:13 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Nardi wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Nardi wrote:

I'll stay right here, motherfucker, but thanks for the suggestion.

You're welcome.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:17 pm 

Top 5 Jerry Krause acquisitions during the Dynasty Years
1. Signing Jack Haley to A Free Agent Deal.
2. Acquiring Ed Neely
3. Signing Robert "Chief" Parish
4. Drafting Byron Houston
5. Drafting Corie Williams

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Sarge wrote:
Nardi wrote:

It's perfect this is posted on January 1.8th! :lol:

For all of Krause's "Hits", there's:

Dragan Tarlac
Dalibor Bagaric
David Kornel
Eddie Curry
....and many more....

Imagine if he had taken Shawn Kemp instead of Stacey King.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next