It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wendy’s CEO
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Surge pricing for your Baconator. This’ll be great.

Post subject: Re: Wendy’s CEO
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:24 pm 

Article:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/food/202 ... cing-menu/

This will be a huge failure as the demographic eating Wendy's garbage fast food is not the same as people hailing Uber during rush hour or concerts which cause surge pricing. The willingness of customers to pay more for food that doesn't taste good at certain times while not other times seems like a losing endeavor.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:34 pm 

Get a load of this rube that thinks prices will ever be lower.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:44 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
This is the fast food chain that thinks it's good at being online, too.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:52 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Get a load of this rube that thinks prices will ever be lower.

Elon Musk has no idea the price of things regular consumers buy but seems to need to interject on every topic to get that Twitter/X engagement up!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
This may make sense if their data says there is a sizeable portion of the web searching for local burgers at some point. Maybe they can be incentivized to door dash a Wendy's burger if the price is abnormally low so in that way you make a sale you otherwise wouldn't have. But I'm not sure that built in audience is there. In some screen shot I saw that the only URL address online typing in those search terms was connected to Williamson, Zion.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:26 pm 

Wendy's breakfast baconator is worthy but not much else on their menu is.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
polster wrote:
Article:

This will be a huge failure as the demographic eating Wendy's garbage fast food is not the same as people hailing Uber during rush hour or concerts which cause surge pricing. The willingness of customers to pay more for food that doesn't taste good at certain times while not other times seems like a losing endeavor.

Why is this different than regular restaurants offering early bird specials or late night menus?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:50 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
polster wrote:
Article:

Why is this different than regular restaurants offering early bird specials or late night menus?

Because, to use a very online term, sir, this is a Wendy's. It should be cheap. Besides, you don't get an early bird special from Wendy's, you get it from the Greek joint run by a guy whose name is 24 letters long but just goes by "Nick."

Fast food chains were built on reliability and consistency, and price is a part of that. A burger, fries, and a Coke at McDonald's in 1994 would be $2.99 wherever you went, whenever you went. The manager wasn't able to crane his head out the window, see a long line at the drive-thru, and update the digital menu board to make it $4.99. Could they have done that, technology permitting, in 1994? Possibly, but I think that even a corporation as evil as McDonald's knew then that their plan for long-term growth involved not pissing everybody off.

My question to you: how much contempt do you have for consumers?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:56 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
polster wrote:
Article:

Because Wendy's is is considered fast food and the menu is the same throughout the day outside of the breakfast hours. When a restaurant offers early bird or late night menu its target toward a demographic that goes out only on special occasions to a so called sit down restaurant. I don't think Wendy's is a destination for most and if the customer feels they are being ripped off at certain hours than they will avoid Wendy's and go to McDonalds 1 block away and get a potentially lower priced meal. Wendy's like other fast food restaurants historically was targeted toward the lower end consumer (yes prices of everything has gotten ridiculous) and customers don't usually go because the food taste great but because they see value in the amount of food the customer is getting for the price they are paying.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Curious Hair wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
polster wrote:
Article:

Because, to use a very online term, sir, this is a Wendy's. It should be cheap. Besides, you don't get an early bird special from Wendy's, you get it from the Greek joint run by a guy whose name is 24 letters long but just goes by "Nick."

Fast food chains were built on reliability and consistency, and price is a part of that. A burger, fries, and a Coke at McDonald's in 1994 would be $2.99 wherever you went, whenever you went. The manager wasn't able to crane his head out the window, see a long line at the drive-thru, and update the digital menu board to make it $4.99. Could they have done that, technology permitting, in 1994? Possibly, but I think that even a corporation as evil as McDonald's knew then that their plan for long-term growth involved not pissing everybody off.

The old Wendy’s ads used to revolve around their meat squirting juice at you. They should get back to that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:12 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
polster wrote:
Article:

I'm not force-feeding myself a steak at 4:30 to save a couple of bucks, I'll tell you that!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:16 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Curious Hair wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
polster wrote:
Article:

Want to hear something wild? Consumers now have slaves to do their grocery shopping and then deliver it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:24 am 

Franky T wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
polster wrote:
Article:

I'm not force-feeding myself a steak at 4:30 to save a couple of bucks, I'll tell you that!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:22 am 

pizza_Place: Soup Kitchen
Franky T wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
polster wrote:
Article:

Well I am, so point > counter point

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:50 am 

Franky T wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
polster wrote:
Article:

Look who's eating at 6 o'clock!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:40 pm 

I'm sure they'll try again as soon as they think people forgot.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:03 pm 

"we meant things will be cheaper during off hours"

ok. but you called it 'surge pricing' in an investors call.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

This was all a marketing plan by Wendy's.

Announce surge. Get tons of fucking attention with several media outlets saying Wendys. Then say we're not doing it. Genius. Guarantee you sales spike over the next few days.

Literally tens of millions of dollars of free advertisement.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:53 am 

now announce new crispier fries.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:54 am 

The problem is that "surge pricing" is simply a different spin on "price gouging". People are fine with "discounts" at certain times of the day. Taco Bell has had discounts at certain hours of the day already.

But the idea that you'll drive up to the video board to shout your food order into and see that chicken nuggets are currently $84 for 10 because the last 10 people also ordered chicken nuggets is not going to go over well.

Part of me does think that the concept of fast food is going to die out soon. They can no longer seem to make money selling food cheaply.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Brick wrote:
The problem is that "surge pricing" is simply a different spin on "price gouging". People are fine with "discounts" at certain times of the day. Taco Bell has had discounts at certain hours of the day already.

But the idea that you'll drive up to the video board to shout your food order into and see that chicken nuggets are currently $84 for 10 because the last 10 people also ordered chicken nuggets is not going to go over well.

Part of me does think that the concept of fast food is going to die out soon. They can no longer seem to make money selling food cheaply.

Because they are feeding, clothing and sheltering their employees? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:15 am 

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:00 am 

Beardown wrote:
This was all a marketing plan by Wendy's.

Announce surge. Get tons of fucking attention with several media outlets saying Wendys. Then say we're not doing it. Genius. Guarantee you sales spike over the next few days.

Literally tens of millions of dollars of free advertisement.

your face is a free advertisement for parkinsons

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
W_Z wrote:

what if they started offering cajun rice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:02 am 

Bagels wrote:
W_Z wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:03 am 

Brick wrote:

the ebb and flow has been going on for 100 years. its all part of the design. 5 years from now we will read articles about how can mcdonalds afford to have a $5 menu?!?!?! it's so cheap!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:00 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
Brick wrote:

the ebb and flow has been going on for 100 years. its all part of the design. 5 years from now we will read articles about how can mcdonalds afford to have a $5 menu?!?!?! it's so cheap!!!!

The McDonald's CEO said they are going to start cutting prices on some items as people started complaining and sales started going down this last quarter.

Quote:
On Monday, as the burger chain reported weaker-than-expected sales at its US stores, CEO Chris Kempczinski addressed McDonald’s “affordability” problem, and indicated the chain would cut prices on some menu items.

“Eating at home has become more affordable,” Kempczinski said.

He’s right: Grocery prices are still high, but they rose just 1.3% overall in 2023, while dining out surged 5.2%, according to the latest Consumer Price Index report.

Prices are no longer soaring, but many Americans still feel the economy is weak.

“We actually saw that cohort” — customers making $45,000 or less — “decrease in the most recent quarter,” he added.

Kempczinski didn’t offer details on the timing or size of any price cuts. But his focus on affordability marked a shift from just a few months ago, when he boasted that US menu prices, which went up as much as 10% in 2023 alone, weren’t deterring sales.

At the core of those widely shared sticker-shock moments is a genuine angst over the cost of basic needs like food — especially food that’s meant to be affordable.

it may be time to bring back the Dollar Menu. Kempczinski said McDonald’s would double down on its “D123” strategy, which prices some items between $1 and $3.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/06/business ... index.html

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:14 am 

Bagels wrote:
W_Z wrote:

man, you just gave popeyes an idea!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
They literally used dynamic pricing in their conference call slide show.