It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:52 pm 

when did this annoyance reach hipster popularity?

I saw some Karen doing it at a meeting last night and wanted to take a photo to send to all the poetry slam participants to let them know that it had reached facebook levels of youthful coolness

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
good dolphin wrote:

I saw some Karen doing it at a meeting last night and wanted to take a photo to send to all the poetry slam participants to let them know that it had reached facebook levels of youthful coolness

Is referring to someone as a Karen still a thing?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Forget it, he's rolling or is it trolling? Hard to keep up.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
It has become more common at universities for people to snap instead of clap because some people find applause too disruptive, aggressive, or it generally makes them uncomfortable. At least she wasn't doing jazz hands to show her approval.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:16 pm 

At college campuses you have to snap in closed captioning.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:21 pm 

pizza_Place: John's

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:34 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

This is probably controversial, but to me using "Karen" in that way is as grating and insulting as using "the N-word." I believe it's racial in origin as well. A "Karen" is a certain type of white woman. Maybe a lot like your wife or daughter if she happens to have a disagreement with the wrong person. It's a slur. If we're gonna get all offended about slurs to the point that using them is a such a social taboo that it justifies physical assault or possibly even murder, we probably shouldn't use "Karen" either.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

This is probably controversial, but to me using "Karen" in that way is as grating and insulting as using "the N-word." I believe it's racial in origin as well. A "Karen" is a certain type of white woman. Maybe a lot like your wife or daughter if she happens to have a disagreement with the wrong person. It's a slur. If we're gonna get all offended about slurs to the point that using them is a such a social taboo that it justifies physical assault or possibly even murder, we probably shouldn't use "Karen" either.

OK, Karen.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Tandoor
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You bike riding hypocrite bastard. What about when you refer to my wealthy passenger as Karen after she open window and tell your fat ass to get your bike out of way of my car in busy urban intersection. You call her Karen and make her very much upset. She no tip good after that because she is still thinking about you you shit head. Next time you want to give advice about name calling why don't you just stop and shove your lame.bike up your Karen ass you annoying huffy riding shit head. Death to bike lanes, they make road too small for manly American cars

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:58 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Meh. Mostly it's just played out and tiresome. sort of like "nothingburger".

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:04 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Shabbhir wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You bike riding hypocrite bastard. What about when you refer to my wealthy passenger as Karen after she open window and tell your fat ass to get your bike out of way of my car in busy urban intersection. You call her Karen and make her very much upset. She no tip good after that because she is still thinking about you you shit head. Next time you want to give advice about name calling why don't you just stop and shove your lame.bike up your Karen ass you annoying huffy riding shit head. Death to bike lanes, they make road too small for manly American cars

Back to the lab for this mult, IMO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:06 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Meh. Mostly it's just played out and tiresome. sort of like "nothingburger".

Or “living my truth”.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

What if only middle aged white women of a certain income level said it to other white women?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:46 pm 

its amazing to watch hot white girls lose their looks. as soon as they get old enough to have coherent thoughts, nobody wants to hear them :lol: :lol: :lol: other races dont have the issue, they seem to age fine. its weird.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
good dolphin wrote:

I was casually introduced to the concept of snapping for approval first as a throwaway joke in Legally Blonde ("Snaps for Elle!"), and then formally when I joined a greek organization in college. Maybe that has something to do with it? I'll only do it now at places where applause is necessary but I'm holding a drink or something, because, like, what's the sound of one hand clapping, man?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:08 pm 
Site Admin

Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

OK, Karen.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Why are you typing out the K-word if you believe it's equivalent to that other word? Is it a term of endearment when you use it? Just asking questions.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
IkeSouth wrote:
its amazing to watch hot white girls lose their looks. as soon as they get old enough to have coherent thoughts, nobody wants to hear them :lol: :lol: :lol: other races dont have the issue, they seem to age fine. its weird.

I was told I looked a lot younger than my age today. It was great.

You know who snaps to show approval? Crazy liberals.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:32 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
In the 19th century, it wasn't uncommon to knock on a table or bar in a lecture environment to show approval. Snapping goes back 100 years in academia. Have you seen hidden figures? They snap rather than clap.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:41 pm 

Darkside wrote:
In the 19th century, it wasn't uncommon to knock on a table or bar in a lecture environment to show approval. Snapping goes back 100 years in academia. Have you seen hidden figures? They snap rather than clap.

Stick to the stars SkyBoy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:42 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Ok.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:43 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Ok.

I keed, I keed. You’re one of the good ones.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:46 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Ok.

I keed, I keed. You’re one of the good ones.

Word!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Caller Bob wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Woke is still a thing for old men.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

Don't try to slide the K-word in here to express your disgust with people of color. I'm watching you.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:47 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
It has become more common at universities for people to snap instead of clap because some people find applause too disruptive, aggressive, or it generally makes them uncomfortable. At least she wasn't doing jazz hands to show her approval.

same is true at the Democratic Socialists national convention

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:52 am 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I was casually introduced to the concept of snapping for approval first as a throwaway joke in Legally Blonde ("Snaps for Elle!"), and then formally when I joined a greek organization in college. Maybe that has something to do with it? I'll only do it now at places where applause is necessary but I'm holding a drink or something, because, like, what's the sound of one hand clapping, man?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:56 am 

Karen isn't necessarily white or even biological female.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:08 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
Karen isn't necessarily white or even biological female.

You should check out its history. It's an unpleasant slur. I would advise not dropping it so casually if you think not offending others is such a high value.