Nope 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
No, Darkside, you're still the big douchebag. 24%  24%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 37
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
85K should be enough for a decent house and the tipical 1.5 kids.

No, unless the house is by 67th and Cicero and your definition of decent doesn't include a guest bathroom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Nobody has 1.5 kids. They have 1 or 2. They are expensive little things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
+1 nas

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:56 pm 

Frontman wrote:
Illinois politics as a whole are really hurting this state. The smoke-free ban was moronic, the Cook County Sales Tax, additional tax for eating fast food, 78 bucks for you licence renewal for a 30 cent sticker, taxed for being taxed. Hell ORLAND FREAKIN' PARK has a higher sales tax just for being Orland

wait, now you HAVE to smoke in public places?

Stink...HHJ...you know what to do... :wink: 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:56 pm 

W_Z wrote:
Frontman wrote:
Illinois politics as a whole are really hurting this state. The smoke-free ban was moronic, the Cook County Sales Tax, additional tax for eating fast food, 78 bucks for you licence renewal for a 30 cent sticker, taxed for being taxed. Hell ORLAND FREAKIN' PARK has a higher sales tax just for being Orland

wait, now you HAVE to smoke in public places?

Stink...HHJ...you know what to do... :wink: 8)

Dude. I stepped into that one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

still not quite as bad as ron santo's fight against the cure for juvenile diabetes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Frank Coztansa wrote:
still not quite as bad as ron santo's fight against the cure for juvenile diabetes

I also liked the fund to fight misericordia.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Coach Crapowski wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
85K should be enough for a decent house and the tipical 1.5 kids.

No, unless the house is by 67th and Cicero and your definition of decent doesn't include a guest bathroom.

67th and Cicero is actually a good neighborhood. They just built a retirement home on the corner there and you're minutes from all kinds of shopping centers. I guess you would need thick windows for all of the flights coming in to Midway though....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Nas wrote:
There are people who bring in well over 6 figures that struggle because they don’t know how to manage money.

Mike Tyson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:19 am 
100000 CLUB

Scottie Pippen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:48 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
spmack wrote:
67th and Cicero is actually a good neighborhood.

The neighborhood is fine, by my standards anyway. The houses there are just way too old and bad, real bad... oh and fairly inexpensive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:04 pm 

Mr. T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:06 pm 

Mr. T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:26 pm 

oopsie doopsie....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
HappyHour Jason wrote:
oopsie doopsie....

Silly nilly.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:42 pm 

Kid Cairo wrote:
HappyHour Jason wrote:
oopsie doopsie....

Silly nilly.

It's actually silly billy according to my niece....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:46 pm 

So, it's pretty overwhealming that Beaver and I are both douchebags.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:52 pm 

Darkside wrote:

To know Beavers is to hate that SOB. (Personal note - he used to be my alderman, I went to see him about installing a stop sign near a nursery school, two minutes into the conversation I thought about punching him in the mouth--and I haven't had a fight since freshman yr. HS)

I trust that isn't the case for you Darko.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:57 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Darkside wrote:

To know Beavers is to hate that SOB. (Personal note - he used to be my alderman, I went to see him about installing a stop sign near a nursery school, two minutes into the conversation I thought about punching him in the mouth--and I haven't had a fight since freshman yr. HS)

I trust that isn't the case for you Darko.

Yeah, no not really. It usually takes a good hour with me before you think about kicking my ass.
Please, will you offer some details on why you felt the need to re arrange his face?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:21 pm 

This guy, when he was my alderman, ran an office where constituents could have our issues addressed only directly with him, either by letter, or in his two hour preordained time on Saturday mornings. No one in his office, including the daughter he had briefly installed in his former seat would agree to do anything other than to refer problems to him. One morning I finally had the chance to speak with him about installing a stop sign at a corner near a nursery school, in the hopes of slowing down the idiots flying by down the street. He listened to my concern, then began to patronize me with the 'yes, that is a problem I know about' & 'no one wants to see that happen' crap.

In his next breath, he noted that there was nothing he could do. Keep in mind that a sitting alderman said with a straight face that he was powerless to install a street sign on 79th Street(one lane of traffic in each direction), and that the funds for a stop light weren't available(though I didn't ask for one). He next started to lecture me on my lack of understanding about his office and its authority(this was in part Daley's fault according to him), and how that particular street was a 'federal' thoroughfare and traffic couldn't be impeded by a stop sign. When I called him on that BS, pointing out two separate instances proving it was, He got pissed and basically told me that I had wasted HIS time (3-4 minutes).

I bit my lip, thanked him for his 'help', laughed and walked out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
fucking idiot.
79th is not a federal thoroughfare...It's a county road, but that's about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:20 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
fucking idiot.
79th is not a federal thoroughfare...It's a county road, but that's about it.

I hoped you'd see this one, given your job I figured you could confirm that one for me. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

Darkside wrote:

Not you.

Only Beavers should be douched.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
it's pretty simple really...
anything that has a number (i.e. Harlem Ave = rte 43) is an IDOT road., milwaukee ave = 21, cicero = 50, etc...

freeways/tollways are the Illinois Toll Authority.

county roads are a little more difficult to determine. some have blue signs (Lake County), maps do exist, but most of the time you have to call Cook County to figure it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:50 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
This guy, when he was my alderman, ran an office where constituents could have our issues addressed only directly with him, either by letter, or in his two hour preordained time on Saturday mornings. No one in his office, including the daughter he had briefly installed in his former seat would agree to do anything other than to refer problems to him. One morning I finally had the chance to speak with him about installing a stop sign at a corner near a nursery school, in the hopes of slowing down the idiots flying by down the street. He listened to my concern, then began to patronize me with the 'yes, that is a problem I know about' & 'no one wants to see that happen' crap.

In his next breath, he noted that there was nothing he could do. Keep in mind that a sitting alderman said with a straight face that he was powerless to install a street sign on 79th Street(one lane of traffic in each direction), and that the funds for a stop light weren't available(though I didn't ask for one). He next started to lecture me on my lack of understanding about his office and its authority(this was in part Daley's fault according to him), and how that particular street was a 'federal' thoroughfare and traffic couldn't be impeded by a stop sign. When I called him on that BS, pointing out two separate instances proving it was, He got pissed and basically told me that I had wasted HIS time (3-4 minutes).

I bit my lip, thanked him for his 'help', laughed and walked out.

His terminology was wrong but his explanation was sound. CDOT (Chicago Department of Transportation) makes such determinations on main thoroughfares, and 79th Street falls under their purview. A traffic study has to be performed with the findings that a "Stop" sign would be warranted and effective. The city has moved away from putting in stop signs on major thoroughfares and prefers traffic lights. However, the costs for the lights comes out of an allocation that the Alderman gets. If he makes the request it will come from his budget and that means (in the case of Beavers) not putting in another 10 blocks of free sidewalks.

As for having subordinates addressing issues, that can be a mixed bag. Routine requests can be handled by the subordinates so long as it doesn't require an expenditure or the actual powers of the Alderman. Something like a stop sign is not the kind of thing that a subordinate would try to handle because they would have to make the case for you (constituent) and if they couldn't, you (constituent) would be upset.

On a side note: Despite the fact that CDOT may have made a "no" recommendation, how many times do you think another request to put in a stop sign will be made? That means another traffic study, with conclusions and recommendations to be drawn. If people wonder why the cost of government goes up, placating constituents has to be taken into consideration Yes, Mr. Reader, I'll request another study to be done at that corner even though I already know the answer, and I promise to share those results with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

Let me get this straight, Billy "the beaverless" Beavers thinks it doesn't matter that Todd is an incompetent moron, but because the fool is black it's OK?

Hey beaverless, an incompetent fool is an incompetent fool whether he is black, white or green!!!

BTW, has anyone heard a word about daddy, John Stroger or did he die and the family is still cashing the pension checks?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:13 pm 

Score is doomed wrote:
BTW, has anyone heard a word about daddy, John Stroger or did he die and the family is still cashing the pension checks?

Since they checked him back into the hospital for seizures in July 2006, no word has been made public on his health status.

As for William, I'm sure he's feeling the heat that the more progressive african americans are placing on his commissioner seat for the next go around. Sandi Jackson already took the aldermanic seat from Debbie and she has her sights on the commissioners seat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
No Clever Moniker wrote:
Yes, Mr. Reader, I'll request another study to be done at that corner even though I already know the answer, and I promise to share those results with you.

How much money are you willing to put up that he had ANY knowledge of ANY traffic study done in that area? My guess is none.

I'll bet he drove down that street regularly and didn't want to have to stop any more than he already did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:32 pm 

NCM, I can appreciate that being a good public servant is a difficult and often thankless job. I can even accept that you have some experience in this matter and may fall into the category of good public servant. However, your defense here is misplaced on a variety of levels, starting with the reality that balancing ten blocks of new free sidewalks serves the greater public good far less than making the streets safer for nursery school kids, their parents and teachers from jackasses flying down the street w/o care.

Maybe, just maybe in part it's why he jumped out his seat, left it to his daughter, and why she was soundly trounced despite a solid ward organization in place. (That she lost to a Jackson family member is one thing, but she was planning to run against the old man as well, and he likely would have lost as well-- no real record of delivering to the ward finally was being discussed)

Excusing his lack of awareness re: terminology is equally off base here. A considerable part of his position was based upon his claim that as it was a 'federal' matter. He simply was attempting to pass the buck, claiming impotence by virtue of his having been hamstrung by agreements Daley made. That in part was what fully pissed me off, his blaming his alleged forced upon inabilities on others while trying to patronize me, then when called on his BS he fell into the next trap---that he seemingly/facetiously knew about the problem and cared.

I heard of neither study nor inquiry into the matter of traffic patterns and the effect of a stop sign from him, just a dismissmive smirk and condescending wave of his well manicured nails. This was/is a guy for whom image is everything, service in the public good (other than himself or family & friends) seems to mean very little, and a poor alderman at best. Hopefully, someone, anyone well funded will run against him next election time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:00 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
NCM, I can appreciate that being a good public servant is a difficult and often thankless job. I can even accept that you have some experience in this matter and may fall into the category of good public servant. However, your defense here is misplaced on a variety of levels, starting with the reality that balancing ten blocks of new free sidewalks serves the greater public good far less than making the streets safer for nursery school kids, their parents and teachers from jackasses flying down the street w/o care.

The sidewalks aren't about "public" good as much as they are about "political" good. Beavers could have taken up the fight to try and force a stop sign but had he been vigilant and insistent, it would have come out of his ward allocated budget, and that possibly would have meant fewer sidewalks.