It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:45 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Really? Amish mafia?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
You're just making stuff up at this point. :lol:

At least login as Mini-Ditka. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:49 pm 

donspiracy wrote:
You're just making stuff up at this point. :lol:

At least login as Mini-Ditka. :lol: :lol:

Nope. They have an amish mafia show. Complete with slo month shots of amish gangsters toting shotguns.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:50 pm 

Don't you need to find a new degree to go after? :wink:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Guns don't count as technology? I thought our Amish friends didn't like modern things.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:53 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Don't you need to find a new degree to go after? :wink:

I'm open to suggestions.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:13 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
What do you call an Amishman with his forearm inside a horse's ass?

A mechanic.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:40 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
I remember when Discovery Channel actually had good informative programming. Loved watching Wings....

Now the channels a joke and an orgy of completely scripted, fake and contrived "reality shows."

The shows rapid and saddening decline is only surpassed by the B&B show.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:48 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
Loved watching Wings.....

QUAGMIRE (The airline pilot): What we need out there now is another Tim Daly.

CLEVELAND: Who's Tim Daly?

JOE: I don't even know who that is.

QUAGMIRE: From Wings...

PETER: Nope.

QUAGMIRE: Tim Daly! He was on Wings! What - oh, nobody here watched Wings.

PETER: Is that the one where there's a guy, and he's like a, he's a, he's a pilot or somethin'?

QUAGMIRE: There's two guys. They're brothers, and they're both pilots.

JOE: Hey, wasn't there a fat guy with a moustache?

QUAGMIRE: That was "Roy." He's hilarious.

CLEVELAND: Was this a cartoon?

QUAGMIRE: No! My - oh my God, NO! No, no, it took place in an airport. It was the - it was - the thing was on for ten years! And the, and the funny repair guy was Lowell. ...It made Tony Shalhoub's career!

PETER: Who?

CLEVELAND: The tennis player?

QUAGMIRE: Yeah, you know what? Sc*** you guys. I don't even know you. [Quagmire storms away naked from the brewery.] ...Crazy people. Livin' under a rock, don't know Wings. ...I love Wings!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:50 am 

Douchebag wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Loved watching Wings.....

QUAGMIRE (The airline pilot): What we need out there now is another Tim Daly.

CLEVELAND: Who's Tim Daly?

JOE: I don't even know who that is.

QUAGMIRE: From Wings...

PETER: Nope.

QUAGMIRE: Tim Daly! He was on Wings! What - oh, nobody here watched Wings.

PETER: Is that the one where there's a guy, and he's like a, he's a, he's a pilot or somethin'?

QUAGMIRE: There's two guys. They're brothers, and they're both pilots.

JOE: Hey, wasn't there a fat guy with a moustache?

QUAGMIRE: That was "Roy." He's hilarious.

CLEVELAND: Was this a cartoon?

QUAGMIRE: No! My - oh my God, NO! No, no, it took place in an airport. It was the - it was - the thing was on for ten years! And the, and the funny repair guy was Lowell. ...It made Tony Shalhoub's career!

PETER: Who?

CLEVELAND: The tennis player?

QUAGMIRE: Yeah, you know what? Sc*** you guys. I don't even know you. [Quagmire storms away naked from the brewery.] ...Crazy people. Livin' under a rock, don't know Wings. ...I love Wings!

Sigh.....I knew that was going to happen.

SIGH.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
SomeGuy wrote:
I remember when Discovery Channel actually had good informative programming. Loved watching Wings....

Now the channels a joke and an orgy of completely scripted, fake and contrived "reality shows."

Spent Friday and part of Saturday at the In-Laws, where my wife and kids were rapt by "Jungle Gold"- two over-financed losers from Utah who hatch a brilliant plan to save their under-water McMansions by going to Ghana and mining for gold. Unfortunately, the 42 minutes of actual action was spread out over about 16 hours of show, and not nearly enough time was allowed for ridicule of the participants. What a waste of time!

The prolonged tuning of Discovery Channel allowed for several thousand exposures to the promos for Amish Mafia, my first though was "Don't REAL Amish shun photography/film?" Obviously, this is a small group of former followers who are looking for a quick cash grab- not that there is anything wrong with that. Hell, they may be a bunch of actors for all I know. Probably enough good material in one season for one good hour show...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:27 pm 

!!!!

:o

http://lancasteronline.com/news/local/n ... b2370.html

esters not coming back. shes in legal battles with that black rapper that beat the fuck out of her.

i wonder if lebinons arch nemisis is coming back... merlin or whatever his name was? that ex coke head?

i guess this new season will be with a new cast of characters though... i guess obviously... if you watch season 3 you know there is no chance at bringing all that back. its one of those things though, i dont think you can possibly re-capture what happened in the first 3 seasons. that wasnt about the amish or the mafia, it was about a group of young drug addicts who believed they were something, especially when the cameras were rolling. it spiraled out of control and it made some amazing tv.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:58 pm 

K Effective wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

Spent Friday and part of Saturday at the In-Laws, where my wife and kids were rapt by "Jungle Gold"- two over-financed losers from Utah who hatch a brilliant plan to save their under-water McMansions by going to Ghana and mining for gold. Unfortunately, the 42 minutes of actual action was spread out over about 16 hours of show, and not nearly enough time was allowed for ridicule of the participants. What a waste of time!

The prolonged tuning of Discovery Channel allowed for several thousand exposures to the promos for Amish Mafia, my first though was "Don't REAL Amish shun photography/film?" Obviously, this is a small group of former followers who are looking for a quick cash grab- not that there is anything wrong with that. Hell, they may be a bunch of actors for all I know. Probably enough good material in one season for one good hour show...

They are most likely Mennonites.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Yeah, not even viewable

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Whose reality shows are worse, Discovery Channel or the Weather Channel?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:53 pm 

i thought the same thing about amish mafia. until i saw it. sure, a lot of the filming is recreated and the stories are dressed up, but if you think for a second its not real youre dead wrong. just watch the show, those people fully believe in what theyre doing. and the amish community does hate it. they dont want the cameras. thats half the entertainment. season 3 was crazy, even the producers felt in danger. they couldnt even do a 4th season with the original cast because they turned on them.

the best part was the show was never supposed to exist. the discovery crew went in there saying the show was going to be called "amish aid" and it would document what those guys do for the amish community. however, just days into shooting they realized what they were witnessing was a mafia style business, and they named the show amish mafia without even telling the cast.

the cast went through the entire season 1 thinking they were doing a show called "amish aid". they only knew of the name change when the show aired. they were PISSED. not just about the show title, but how bad of a light the documentary portrayed them in.

So the discovery crew told them season 2 would change that, and they would be shown as good people. of course, after the show went to edit that all changed again and they all were portrayed as even more ridiculous than season 1.

season 3 started filming before season 2 even aired, but half way through filming the cast finally learned they were snookered again by discovery's marketing department. thats when everything unraveled. the 2nd half of season 3 was a mess and shit went down. thats when ester got the shit beat out of her and not a mention as to why. it ended with the film crew honestly worried for their safety.

that's why season 4 has a new cast, because bridges were burned last year. discovery doesn't care at this point, the ratings are so high theyre going to do another season. and lebenon will do the show because he gets paid- he doesnt give a shit how he looks to the outside world. and once again, discovery claims they are going to fix the wrongs that have been done and finally show the world how the real amish community is... but at the same time they must know this show would have never lasted this long if it was just about good people doing good things... so i suspect we can be ready for more shitstorm. in any case, even if the show itself isnt exactly factual, the problems its causing in the community very much are.

summary- basically discovery got a hold of drug addicts and dealers in the amish community to make a show that portrayed them as good people. discovery then took the footage and edited it so it made them all look like the fools they are, and of course a whole lot of shit went down because of it. it ended up being extremely entertaining to watch.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
SomeGuy wrote:
They are most likely Mennonites.

Fans of Band of Brothers will understand the joke.