It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 48  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:38 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Don Tiny wrote:
It takes a special kind of willful arrogant ignorance to look at a disease like, say, smallpox - eradicated solely and entirely by vaccination - and then think they're doing either their child, their fellow man, or even their god some big favor by thinking they're above such trifilngs.

So we still need to be vaccinated from a disease that you allege has been "eradicated solely and entirely by vaccination"?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:42 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Don Tiny wrote:
It takes a special kind of willful arrogant ignorance to look at a disease like, say, smallpox - eradicated solely and entirely by vaccination - and then think they're doing either their child, their fellow man, or even their god some big favor by thinking they're above such trifilngs.

I don't see how anyone could disagree with this. Man thinks he rules the world when it's probably more accurate to say it's ruled by viruses. A generation for a virus is so short it can evolve very quickly. Recommended reading: A Planet of Viruses by Carl Zimmer.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I have vaccinated my kids and give them flu shots (I dont agree with the flu shots).

Crest is saying that if everyone is vaccinated then how can Crest Jr get sick. That is a valid point until half the kids in class start to not be vaccinated. Sure you can survive measles and things like that but why do you want to risk it?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:44 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Crest is saying that if everyone is vaccinated then how can Crest Jr get sick. That is a valid point until half the kids in class start to not be vaccinated.

Yikes. I hope none of the other classmates (or their families) ever travel to a place where the diseases may still exist.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:48 am 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

I don't see how anyone could disagree with this. Man thinks he rules the world when it's probably more accurate to say it's ruled by viruses. A generation for a virus is so short it can evolve very quickly. Recommended reading: A Planet of Viruses by Carl Zimmer.

How does ANYONE agree with the statement that I/We need to be vaccinated from a virus that we claim has been eradicated?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:50 am 
Site Admin

Hank Scorpio wrote:
I have vaccinated my kids and give them flu shots (I dont agree with the flu shots).

Crest is saying that if everyone is vaccinated then how can Crest Jr get sick. That is a valid point until half the kids in class start to not be vaccinated. Sure you can survive measles and things like that but why do you want to risk it?

Still, only those that have not been vaccinated will get sick if what the vaccination folks put forth as a reason to be vaccinated is true.

However, this has not been the case.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:50 am 
Site Admin

spanky wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Crest is saying that if everyone is vaccinated then how can Crest Jr get sick. That is a valid point until half the kids in class start to not be vaccinated.

Yikes. I hope none of the other classmates (or their families) ever travel to a place where the diseases may still exist.

Exactly. Are you familiar with Rotary International's "This Close" campaign to wipe out polio? It's almost been eradicated but there are still unvaccinated people in Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Nigeria. Many are Muslims who understandably believe that Christians have come to sterilize them and refuse the vaccine. Until it is completely gone, it can come roaring back at any time. In addition, viruses are always adapting, morphing, changing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:51 am 
Site Admin

Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

How does ANYONE agree with the statement that I/We need to be vaccinated from a virus that we claim has been eradicated?

Which virus do you believe has been eradicated?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
spanky wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Exactly. Are you familiar with Rotary International's "This Close" campaign to wipe out polio? It's almost been eradicated but there are still unvaccinated people in Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Nigeria. Many are Muslims who understandably believe that Christians have come to sterilize them and refuse the vaccine. Until it is completely gone, it can come roaring back at any time. In addition, viruses are always adapting, morphing, changing.

..or being dug up in excavations,drilling,etc. I just read an article about that.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:55 am 
Site Admin

We don't teach our children to make decisions based upon fear and lack of knowledge.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:57 am 

Seacrest wrote:
We don't teach our children to make decisions based upon fear and lack of knowledge.

It doesn't sound like they are the ones making this decision.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

So your son received vaccines for the ones that aren't eradicated?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Seacrest wrote:

Instead of beating around the bush, perhaps you can tell us why you arrived at your decision.

I'm not appalled or upset that people choose not to, I just cant wrap my mind around the decision process.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:05 am 

I personally don't think KC is that good looking. Cutler probably could have done better if he had a better attitude.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:13 am 
Site Admin

spanky wrote:
I personally don't think KC is that good looking. Cutler probably could have done better if he had a better attitude.

Fuck yeah. I bet Josh McCown could land Lauren Conrad or Audrina Patridge if he had a mind to.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
I'm pretty sure that it's impossible to "kill" any of these deadly diseases. Vaccinations provide immunity to them, but did not chase them from existence.

Given the level of immigration and overseas trading with countries that do not have access to vaccinations, it would be short-sided to believe that you would not come into contact with one of these diseases at some point in your life.

If you don't want to wear shower shoes at the gym or put a seat shield down on a public toilet because "everyone else does so I should be safe", that's fine. But not protecting your child from a deadly disease for the same reason is stupid.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:18 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
spanky wrote:

Fuck yeah. I bet Josh McCown could land Lauren Conrad or Audrina Patridge if he had a mind to.

McCown could have both at the same time if he wanted.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
spanky wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
spanky wrote:

McCown could have both at the same time if he wanted.

Do you really think that KC is knocked up with Cutler's baby right now?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:29 am 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

KDdidit wrote:
So your son received vaccines for the ones that aren't eradicated?

Re-read the post.

A poster is alleging someone is arrogant and willfully ignorant for not vaccinating their child from a disease that he alleges was eradicated already.

Why would we need to vaccinate from a disease that was already eradicated?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:31 am 

Seacrest wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:32 am 
Site Admin

Douchebag wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

I love you Douchebag.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

I was not suggesting vaccinating against smallpox - in fact you can't because it's not available to the public ... BECAUSE IT WAS ERADICATED VIA VACCINATION. But other diseases - whooping cough, measles, etc. - should continue to be vaccinated against so that we can eventually reach the same point we have with smallpox.

Nah, fuck it ... fuck other people who might be at risk for those remaining diseases ... you know, people with less than ideal immunity situations ... very young children, the elderly, people going through things like chemotherapy, people like that ... unimportant people apparently.

As I said, it takes a special kind a case of willful arrogant ignorance. The real shame of it all is that the people making these kinds of decisions aren't the only ones at risk for suffering.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:09 am 
Site Admin

Don Tiny wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

I was not suggesting vaccinating against smallpox - in fact you can't because it's not available to the public ... BECAUSE IT WAS ERADICATED VIA VACCINATION. But other diseases - whooping cough, measles, etc. - should continue to be vaccinated against so that we can eventually reach the same point we have with smallpox.

Nah, fuck it ... fuck other people who might be at risk for those remaining diseases ... you know, people with less than ideal immunity situations ... very young children, the elderly, people going through things like chemotherapy, people like that ... unimportant people apparently.

As I said, it takes a special kind a case of willful arrogant ignorance. The real shame of it all is that the people making these kinds of decisions aren't the only ones at risk for suffering.

Don't try and change your original premise now that the silliness of it has been highlighted.
An opinion the CDC disagrees with btw.

From their website

After the events of September and October, 2001, however, the U.S. government took further actions to improve its level of preparedness against terrorism. One of many such measures—designed specifically to prepare for an intentional release of the smallpox virus—included updating and releasing a smallpox response plan. In addition, the U.S. government has enough vaccine to vaccinate every person in the United States in the event of a smallpox emergency.

The US has a small pox vaccine for every person even though it's been eradicated.

Why would that be?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:12 am 

I didn't change my premise in the slightest ... it's right there in black and white to read. You chose to interpret in a way to avoid addressing the point of it. I restated it so you couldn't use that excuse anymore, and you chose to just change the question and then ask another unrelated question.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:18 am 
Site Admin

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Instead of beating around the bush, perhaps you can tell us why you arrived at your decision.

I'm not appalled or upset that people choose not to, I just cant wrap my mind around the decision process.

Adverse vaccination reactions with other siblings.

And an immune system that is well maintained is able to fight off many diseases on its own.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:18 am 

It takes a special kind of willful arrogant ignorance.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/03/13/thanks-anti-vaxxers-you-just-brought-back-measles-in-nyc.html

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:20 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

And an immune system that is well maintained is able to fight off many diseases on its own.

Don Tiny wrote:
... fuck other people who might be at risk for those remaining diseases ... you know, people with less than ideal immunity situations ... very young children, the elderly, people going through things like chemotherapy, people like that ... unimportant people apparently.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:26 am 
Site Admin

Don Tiny wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Don Tiny wrote:
... fuck other people who might be at risk for those remaining diseases ... you know, people with less than ideal immunity situations ... very young children, the elderly, people going through things like chemotherapy, people like that ... unimportant people apparently.

When you have kids, get back to me.

If my son ever gets M,M or R, I'll let you know.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:28 am 

If your kid gets any of those diseases, what do you plan to do at that point?

(love the "when you get kids" part ... so you're a vaccine expert far beyond my ability to understand because you ejaculated a load into your wife?)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:33 am 
Site Admin

Don Tiny wrote:
If your kid gets any of those diseases, what do you plan to do at that point?

(love the "when you get kids" part ... so you're a vaccine expert far beyond my ability to understand because you ejaculated a load into your wife?)

His immune system will continue to do what it has been doing.

There is a better chance of you becoming a thoughtful and warm person than this is of our son ever getting the measles or mumps.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 48  Next