It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: GarPax
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
leashyourkids wrote:
What does this do to the cap? Where's vegan?

No idea. I know it does nothing to release the cap on the amount of points a GarPax designed offense tends to score.

Kirkwood wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
What does this do to the cap? Where's vegan?

Probably burning all his Bulls jerseys.

Damn straight.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Maybe some NBA training can get rid of his doughboy physique.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
To be fair, people said the same things about Adam Morri... wait, nevermind.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
First this from Bernsys love

@EthanJSkolnick: The Bulls don't get recognized enough as the cheapest organization in the NBA

Save the best for last

**BREAKING NBA NEWS** Carmelo Anthony intends to sign with Chicago (still may visit other teams) Bulls will be choice.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:46 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
BORING.

Of course they take the most vanilla (no pun intended) try hard old player. What uninspiring management

Though I didn't know anything about the pick until tonight, I am leaning this way as well.

I created this thread before anything happened because I knew with all these tantalizing possibilities out there...trading the picks and other players for Love, possibly adding Afflalo to pair with Love and/or Anthony, adding Love via trade and then going after James, and so on...all this bold and super interesting stuff that could have happened, it was wrong to even consider the possibility under GarPax. Not only did they prove those of us skeptical of GarPax right, they doubled down on their irritating and hidebound conservatism by selecting what appears to be yet another not so dynamic player who will merely rely on others to get him open shots. So we go from the highs of pairing Love with Rose and Noah to a poor man's Luol Deng who will be, not to mention, a liability on defense for a defensive minded coach. And he costed you two picks. I'm cool with the thread. Of course I'm also cool with being mocked and banned for life if tonight's events were just a prelude to getting a star.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
veganfan21 wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
BORING.

Of course they take the most vanilla (no pun intended) try hard old player. What uninspiring management

Though I didn't know anything about the pick until tonight, I am leaning this way as well.

I created this thread before anything happened because I knew with all these tantalizing possibilities out there...trading the picks and other players for Love, possibly adding Afflalo to pair with Love and/or Anthony, adding Love via trade and then going after James, and so on...all this bold and super interesting stuff that could have happened, it was wrong to even consider the possibility under GarPax. Not only did they prove those of us skeptical of GarPax right, they doubled down on their irritating and hidebound conservatism by selecting what appears to be yet another not so dynamic player who will merely rely on others to get him open shots. So we go from the highs of pairing Love with Rose and Noah to a poor man's Luol Deng who will be, not to mention, a liability on defense for a defensive minded coach. And he costed you two picks. I'm cool with the thread. Of course I'm also cool with being mocked and banned for life if tonight's events were just a prelude to getting a star.

If you have Rose and Melo you will need shooters.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:50 pm 

Nas wrote:

That's the glass half full approach right. I'm scared they are pursuing shooters as an end.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:59 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:

That's the glass half full approach right. I'm scared they are pursuing shooters as an end.

I would be disappointed. I prefer to stay optimistic.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:06 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
SirTinkleButton wrote:

@EthanJSkolnick: The Bulls don't get recognized enough as the cheapest organization in the NBA

"I don't understand why Jerry Reinsdorf and Donald Sterling are friends!"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:10 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
SirTinkleButton wrote:

Kirkwood has been saying this for awhile and I didn't really get it until tonight..sort of. Where does all this come from? Any literature? If they are being cheap, it seems they are being smart about it. The obvious retort from Reinsdorf's camp is they're not being cheap, they're just making necessary cap preparations to make a run at Melo or LBJ. Now a cynic would say they're just using Melo and LBJ as a cover, but I am genuinely confused about motivations here. Any insight, anyone?

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:31 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
veganfan21 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
SirTinkleButton wrote:

Kirkwood has been saying this for awhile and I didn't really get it until tonight..sort of. Where does all this come from? Any literature? If they are being cheap, it seems they are being smart about it. The obvious retort from Reinsdorf's camp is they're not being cheap, they're just making necessary cap preparations to make a run at Melo or LBJ. Now a cynic would say they're just using Melo and LBJ as a cover, but I am genuinely confused about motivations here. Any insight, anyone?

I've been on the record saying I don't think Boozer will be amnestied. If he's not -- and Bill Simmons voiced the same concern last night -- then I think you'll have your answer. $$$$$

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:03 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
http://www.blogabull.com/2012/7/26/3188759/jerry-reinsdorf-the-luxury-tax-and-the-2014-plan

Quote:
The luxury tax. For as long as its been in existence (since 2002-03), its been the bane of Jerry Reinsdorf's existence. He's said on multiple occasions that he would be willing to pay the tax for a "winner" (whatever that actually means), but to this point, those words have rung hollow.

The Bulls, of course, have never paid the luxury tax, despite playing in the league's third largest market and being one of the most profitable teams in the NBA over the past several decades. And according to Forbes (h/t to SB Nation Chicago's Ricky O'Donnell), they have been THE most profitable franchise in the NBA over the past five years, raking in an average of $55 million per season.

The rest of the article is pretty hilarious as it was written in 2012 and pretty much nailed what's been going on this year.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:20 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Call the score tomorrow and tell Dan he seems like a "good kid" who "plays hard" and "really wants to win".

and Catholic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:25 am 

If he doesn't amnesty Boozer then everyone has their answer regarding the cheapness of Reinsdorf if ever there was a year to go for it this is it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:26 am 

I don't understand this "try hard" "grindy" "can't get his own shot" conversation.

The guy gets his own shot the moment they cross the half court line. Every year or two they are in the market for a guy like Mc Dermott. Well, now they have the young (and most likely better) version of all those guys like Dunleavy, Belinelli, Korver, etc.

It is not a dynamic pick but let's see how it will look contextually.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:31 am 

McDermott will be a big time contributor for the Bulls for many years. That is pretty good for where they were picking.

Based on college careers, he is better than Dunleavy and Korver.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:35 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I don't understand this "try hard" "grindy" "can't get his own shot" conversation.

The guy gets his own shot the moment they cross the half court line. Every year or two they are in the market for a guy like Mc Dermott. Well, now they have the young (and most likely better) version of all those guys like Dunleavy, Belinelli, Korver, etc.

It is not a dynamic pick but let's see how it will look contextually.

I don't know anything about the pick except what I read so I can only speak of him as a sort prototype for now. If the comparison is guys like Korver, Bellini, et. al, then why grab a guy you typically found when you needed to in the off season? You say he's not dynamic but the Bulls biggest problem is that they lack that dynamism all over the court. We will see but am not sure I agree with the thinking behind the pick.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:36 am 

If Bernstein goes into his closer to a championship bullshit he needs to be called on it because the only thing that gets u closer to a championship is signing LeBron James unless of course the other players on the team aren't any good

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:40 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
I don't know anything about the pick except what I read so I can only speak of him as a sort prototype for now. If the comparison is guys like Korver, Bellini, et. al, then why grab a guy you typically found when you needed to in the off season? You say he's not dynamic but the Bulls biggest problem is that they lack that dynamism all over the court. We will see but am not sure I agree with the thinking behind the pick.
His ceiling is much higher than Korver and Belinelli. He can develop into a very good scorer who would be a great third scorer on a team with Rose and (insert free agent the Bulls probably won't get).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:46 am 

In a deep draft u don't draft guys like McDermott u can find guys like that on the scrap heap. Can't create his own shot and is A defensive liability those types of players kill u during the playoffs.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:51 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
His ceiling is much higher than Korver and Belinelli. He can develop into a very good scorer who would be a great third scorer on a team with Rose and (insert free agent the Bulls probably won't get).

That would be nice but apparently he he's struggled to defend NBA type players and beat tight coverage by, again, players with long NBA type wingspans. Insofar as that's accurate, you're going to see him pulled from games during key defensive stands. If you're going to trade into the lottery you better come out with a player you want to keep on the court at all times, not one whose deficiencies will force you to hide him or take him out.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:57 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
That would be nice but apparently he he's struggled to defend NBA type players and beat tight coverage by, again, players with long NBA type wingspans. Insofar as that's accurate, you're going to see him pulled from games during key defensive stands. If you're going to trade into the lottery you better come out with a player you want to keep on the court at all times, not one whose deficiencies will force you to hide him or take him out.
Any player you draft at 11 is going to have a flaw or two that needs to be worked on. That's why they aren't going in the top 5.

I think you guys are overvaluing the value of the 11th pick in the draft. Recent picks in that spot are JJ Reddick, Cole Aldrich and Meyers Leonard.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:58 am 
100000 CLUB

You have a guy who is 6'8" that was the best shooter in the draft and the best scorer in the nation. Not only is he a great shooter but he can put the ball on the floor and I believe he is an underrated athlete. He was projected to go earlier than he did and he's a guy the Bulls did a lot of homework on. I love the pick and you all will very soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
I will be judging McDermott against the package of James Young and Gary Harris. I like my chances with the package.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:01 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
I like my chances with the package.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:02 am 

Those were weaker drafts. I think there were at least 5 or 6 players drafted later who will be better players.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:05 am 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Those were weaker drafts. I think there were at least 5 or 6 players drafted later who will be better players.

They didn't reach on the guy. In every mock draft I saw he was a top 10 pick and projected to go ahead of Harris.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:12 am 

long time guy wrote:
Those were weaker drafts.
The 11th pick in the Lebron draft was Mickaël Piétrus. That was one of the deepest drafts of all time.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:18 am 

How deep could that draft have been if Kirk Heinrich was drafted 7th?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:19 am 

long time guy wrote:
How deep could that draft have been if Kirk Heinrich was drafted 7th?

Well, it was a better pick than Mickaël Piétrus at 11

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next