It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: GarPax
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Thibs is a top 4 coach, IMO, along with Doc, Pop, and Carlisle. But I think people are misguided if they think Chicago will become SA North. Forgetting that SA is one of the most unique teams in the history of modern sports, Pop and Thibs couldn't be more different. Can you honestly picture a Thibs team that doesn't have a player average 30 mpg?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I don't think those comparing the Bulls to SA are saying it in the literal sense you are imagining. They are saying they are similar in that they are deep, don’t have a superstar (in their prime), and are a cohesive, team-first unit.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Pops didn't do that when the Spurs players were younger. When Thibs had depth he used it to his advantage like Pop does. I believe that the Bulls have one of the deepest teams in the league.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
Thibs is a top 4 coach, IMO, along with Doc, Pop, and Carlisle. But I think people are misguided if they think Chicago will become SA North. Forgetting that SA is one of the most unique teams in the history of modern sports, Pop and Thibs couldn't be more different. Can you honestly picture a Thibs team that doesn't have a player average 30 mpg?

Sure, I mean I'm not suggesting if the Bulls keep getting deeper they can replicate SA's success, but certainly trying to surround your sole star with formidable depth is not unique, no? And yes Thibs has a problem with minutes. He should be fired at some point if he pushes key guys past their obvious limits, though he also should be too experienced to make that mistake at this point in his career.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:03 pm 

Nas wrote:
I do. I think they're both a little off but what would unite them is their desire to win. I would also expect a 23 year old to mature.

that's a bit of a leap of faith. i don't think it would've worked out that great. but the quest for the bulls getting a pure SG continues...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:33 am 

W_Z wrote:
Nas wrote:
I do. I think they're both a little off but what would unite them is their desire to win. I would also expect a 23 year old to mature.

that's a bit of a leap of faith. i don't think it would've worked out that great. but the quest for the bulls getting a pure SG continues...

I agree on Stephenson, but I don't think the search is limited to SG. It's basically anyone outside of PG or C who is able to generate offense without relying on a system, whether the player is a SG or SF, etc. Melo would have solved that problem from the SF spot, which would mean you're more or less okay with anyone at SG since your primary scorers are in place elsewhere in the lineup (doesn't mean they can't add another scorer at SG but it wouldn't be likely given the money constraints after Melo). Now they'll rely on Rose and a bevy of what they hope are above average scorers to generate offense instead of two really good scorers.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:07 am 

It never made sense how people said GarPax did "everything they could" when they couldn't even offer as much money as other teams. Obviously, the current team can always offer more but they couldn't even offer Carmelo as much as the Lakers or Rockets.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:16 am 
100000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It never made sense how people said GarPax did "everything they could" when they couldn't even offer as much money as other teams. Obviously, the current team can always offer more but they couldn't even offer Carmelo as much as the Lakers or Rockets.

They were willing to make moves to offer as much as other teams if they got a commitment. You don't dump Taj without a commitment. They tried that in 2010 and ended up regretting that they dumped Hinrich the following season.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:08 am 
100000 CLUB

The Bulls are trying to get Marion. I'm not sure where he will play. Besides I thought he would park himself in Atlanta for the rest of his career.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Nas wrote:
The Bulls are trying to get Marion. I'm not sure where he will play. Besides I thought he would park himself in Atlanta for the rest of his career.

Doesn't he pretty much just shoot a lot of 3's now? Is that still a glaring need?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

Krazy Ivan wrote:
Nas wrote:

Doesn't he pretty much just shoot a lot of 3's now? Is that still a glaring need?

Yes. He's a defensive liability too. The Bulls are acquiring pieces like they expect to make a big trade at some point.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Nas wrote:
The Bulls are acquiring pieces like they expect to make a big trade at some point.

That's what I was thinking. This doesn't look normal. Either they are trying to "win" the regular season, or something is in the works...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

Including their 2nd round pick the Bulls have 5 PF's on their roster. If I were a betting man I would be willing to wager Taj gets traded before the end of the season.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:11 pm 

Bump.

DB'ing GarPax (and ownership) in advance in the likely event that they don't do shit today. Here's Cowley on why they won't do shit:

Quote:
The Bulls should be in rebuilding mode, particularly if you consider the current landscape in the Eastern Conference. LeBron James has a handful of years left, and a full rebuild starting now — if pulled off properly (a big if with this front office) — should be hitting its stride as James is waving goodbye to a historic career. To understand why the Bulls are taking calls on Butler rather than making them, one must first understand Bulls logic.

According to a source, board chairman Jerry Reinsdorf has been hands-off this season as the transfer of power to Michael Reinsdorf continues. The source said that Jerry Reinsdorf only is being used as an advisor on major decisions, and even then, he wants his son to have the final say.

That’s why Gar Forman isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

Michael Reinsdorf is reportedly just fine with the direction on the court.

Off the court, the general manager’s wife, Leslie, is the vice president of Bulls Charities, while Michael Reinsdorf’s wife, Nancy, is the president of Bulls Charities. The wives are close, and as the Sun-Times reported last May, their relationship has rubbed some former players the wrong way.

The feeling was that Forman preached accountability, but his job security was as safe as any figure in the organization not named Reinsdorf or John Paxson.

Michael Reinsdorf’s emergence as the face atop the organization brings a different set of priorities.

Former and current Bulls personnel believe that Michael Reins-dorf is a business-first owner and he measures success by the team’s profitability and marketability.

Winning championships is a priority but takes a back seat to the financial bottom line. That’s why the decision-making has been so questionable the last three years.

First, coach Tom Thibodeau was fired. That might have been the last major decision that Jerry Reinsdorf was involved in.

Then the blame shifted to the roster. Derrick Rose was traded and Joakim Noah was allowed to walk via free agency.

The Sun-Times reported that multiple sources indicated that the anger expressed by several corporate sponsors went a long way in the Bulls staying away from a full rebuild in the offseason, leading to the Rajon Rondo and Dwyane Wade signings, despite neither being a fit for what coach Fred Hoiberg likes to do offensively.

Then again, the front office seldom seems to care about what their own coaches want or don’t want.

That has been evident in Hoiberg’s tenure, and was very obvious under Thibodeau when they first dismantled the “Bench Mob,’’ trading Luol Deng without consulting Thibodeau, and drafting offensive-minded players for a defensive-minded coach.

Logic be damned.

That’s why the trade deadline Thurday might come and go without a major move.

This is about staying playoff relevant, hoping more big names can be persuaded to join in the offseason, thereby keeping butts in the seats and big money in the suites.

Bulls logic

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
So I take it we are spitting fire cause the Bulls didn't trade for soft ass Jahil Okafor?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:39 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
So I take it we are spitting fire cause the Bulls didn't trade for soft ass Jahil Okafor?

Butler to Boston.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:41 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Butler to Boston.

Yup. We are spitting fire because the Bulls are refusing to dump their best player and one of the best players in the league for next to nothing.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:41 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Butler to Boston.

Good odds neither of those picks turn into players as good as Jimmy Butler.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:42 pm 

Now Gar/Pax fucking suck no doubt. But there isn't a franchise saving move to be made this deadline.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:43 pm 

Quote:
Mike Ortiz Jr.‏ @xOrtiz4x

Sources: Pacers asking for 3 of 4 from group of Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder, Marcus Smart, and Jaylen Brown + 2017 Nets pick for Paul George.

Pacers are smart. You want our best guy? Give me something close to fair value back. And Butler is better than George.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:46 pm 

I would nuke this entire thing except Butler this offseason, including GarPax. I actually think Hoiberg has done a decent job this year and his offense is fun at times, and JR isn't buying out his contract with three years left so you still have him. With a new front office, get a bunch of shooters around Jimmy, and maybe Lebron starts to decline. I have no idea.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:48 pm 

Lakers are shopping Nick Young for a 2nd round pick. Pull the trigger GarPax! Might be the final piece of the puzzle.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:49 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Butler to Boston.

Yup. We are spitting fire because the Bulls are refusing to dump their best player and one of the best players in the league for next to nothing.

Assets aren't next to nothing. I read your argument as well as IMU's and didn't get a chance to respond. Butler is at a win now age. It'll take at least two years for the Bulls to clean up this garbage and it's likely they won't even do that due to ownership's prioritization of short term profitability over long term strategizing. So you're looking at an older Butler if this team is ready to compete and that's just not going to work. Plus he's not an alpha so I'd trade.him when his value is at its peak which it probably is now. You can have fun with random ass Dwayne Wade and Raon Rondo signings every year so the Bulls can squeeze into the playoffs at 42-40, and you get a hundo from DB for your troubles while you're at it. I'm done with this shit until they get serious about building a consistent contender and for me that starts with accumulating assets Boston style. The model for me is Boston.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:50 pm 

Shams Charania ✔ @ShamsCharania
OKC sending Joffrey Lauvergne and Anthony Morrow, w/ CHI sending '18 second-round pick with McDermott and Gibson, sources tell @TheVertical.

:lol: :lol: :lol: you guys wanted something, lol holy shit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
What do people pretend that Gar does anything? You know somebody high up in reinsdorf, Inc. got a hold of Bernstein like "KNOCK OFF THAT GARPAX SHIT!!" for whatever deal it was a few years ago that had Dan boldly decreeing "THIS IS A GAR FORMAN JOINT!!!" for the trade/signing/whatever.

IMO, gar was always a figurehead GM there to deal with the media so "real GM" John Paxson didn't have to (unless somebody here knows that Pax managed to pull a Kenny and fail his way upstairs over the years? #GetHimUpstairsAndGetHimOutOfHere!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:54 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
FavreFan wrote:
Lakers are shopping Nick Young for a 2nd round pick. Pull the trigger GarPax! Might be the final piece of the puzzle.

If you make this trade what kind of assurances do you get that Iggy Azalea doesn't tag along?

Seriously, I've hated her since the first thing I ever heard her say was "FIRST THING Y'ALL KNOW THAT I'M THE REALEST!!!" --- what? Bitch you don't have a credit line with me! #StopYourself #RIPDoug!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:58 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
What do people pretend that Gar does anything? You know somebody high up in reinsdorf, Inc. got a hold of Bernstein like "KNOCK OFF THAT GARPAX SHIT!!" for whatever deal it was a few years ago that had Dan boldly decreeing "THIS IS A GAR FORMAN JOINT!!!" for the trade/signing/whatever.

IMO, gar was always a figurehead GM there to deal with the media so "real GM" John Paxson didn't have to (unless somebody here knows that Pax managed to pull a Kenny and fail his way upstairs over the years? #GetHimUpstairsAndGetHimOutOfHere!

Gar's fingerprints are all over the disastrous Hoiberg hiring and the imperious way in which the front office treats the press, especially when it comes to questions about FO accountability. He's all about preserving his little sinecure by currying favor with execs to deflect from the flaming pile of shit on the UC's floor.

2013 CSFMB ROY

Last edited by veganfan21 on Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Is Reinsdorf dead yet?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Butler to Boston.

The #1 pick in a loaded draft is hardly nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:42 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Shams Charania ✔ @ShamsCharania
OKC sending Joffrey Lauvergne and Anthony Morrow, w/ CHI sending '18 second-round pick with McDermott and Gibson, sources tell @TheVertical.

:lol: :lol: :lol: you guys wanted something, lol holy shit.

Hello, Laverne!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next