It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: GarPax
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
shakes wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
So I take it we are spitting fire cause the Bulls didn't trade for soft ass Jahil Okafor?

Butler to Boston.

Yup. We are spitting fire because the Bulls are refusing to dump their best player and one of the best players in the league for next to nothing.

The #1 pick in a loaded draft is hardly nothing.

Agreed.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
shakes wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
So I take it we are spitting fire cause the Bulls didn't trade for soft ass Jahil Okafor?

Butler to Boston.

Yup. We are spitting fire because the Bulls are refusing to dump their best player and one of the best players in the league for next to nothing.

That's far from guaranteed to be #1. And it's not nearly enough for Butler.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:02 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
shakes wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Butler to Boston.

The Nets pick this draft is a guaranteed Top 3. Their pick the following year will probably also be Top 5.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:03 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
shakes wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Butler to Boston.

The Nets pick this draft is a guaranteed Top 3. Their pick the following year will probably also be Top 5.

Huh? Even the worst record in the league isn't guaranteed to be top 3. That's not how the lottery works. That Nets pick has like a 70% chance of not being the #1 overall pick.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:08 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Huh? Even the worst record in the league isn't guaranteed to be top 3. That's not how the lottery works. That Nets pick has like a 70% chance of not being the #1 overall pick.

Unless 3 teams overcome insurmountable odds and all land in the Top 3, Brooklyn will be there. But that's just not going to happen. There's probably like a <1% chance they end up drafting #4, but that would be the worst case scenario.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:09 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Unless 3 teams overcome insurmountable odds and all land in the Top 3, Brooklyn will be there. But that's just not going to happen. There's probably like a <1% chance they end up drafting #4, but that would be the worst case scenario.

Right. Obviously we both know how it works. I'm just saying shakes was clearly misrepresenting the value of that pick.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
FavreFan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Right. Obviously we both know how it works. I'm just saying shakes was clearly misrepresenting the value of that pick.

Trading Butler for both picks would likely have given them a 50%+ chance of picking #1 overall in either of the next two years, and a not-insignificant chance of picking #1 overall both times.

That's extremely valuable for a luck-of-the-draw pick in Butler.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:58 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Trading Butler for both picks would likely have given them a 50%+ chance of picking #1 overall in either of the next two years, and a not-insignificant chance of picking #1 overall both times.

That's extremely valuable for a luck-of-the-draw pick in Butler.

Of course, but that's both picks. Not just one.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
FavreFan wrote:
shakes wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Butler to Boston.

This is the most loaded draft since 2003. The top 6 or 7 players are all projected all stars. Butler at his age and coupled with the state of the franchise is hardly worth more than a 20 year old future all star.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:07 pm 

shakes wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
shakes wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Butler to Boston.

This is the most loaded draft since 2003. The top 6 or 7 players are all projected all stars. Butler at his age and coupled with the state of the franchise is hardly worth more than a 20 year old future all star.

:lol:

Again, it's very far from guaranteed they are getting a future all star. Knowing GarPax, they'd end up taking the Darko Milicic of the 2017 draft.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:08 pm 

Lonzo Ball
Markele Fultz
Josh Jackson
Jason Tatum
Dennis Smith Jr
Jonathan Isaac

All better assets than Jimmy Butler for a non contending team.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
shakes wrote:
Lonzo Ball
Markele Fultz
Josh Jackson
Jason Tatum
Dennis Smith Jr
Jonathan Isaac

While I agree that they aren't winning with Jimmy Butler, so trading him for a score of high draft picks and spinning the wheel is probably the way to go, let's chill out on the "better assets than Jimmy Butler" stuff when talking about guys still in college.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:14 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
shakes wrote:
Lonzo Ball
Markele Fultz
Josh Jackson
Jason Tatum
Dennis Smith Jr
Jonathan Isaac

While I agree that they aren't winning with Jimmy Butler, so trading him for a score of high draft picks and spinning the wheel is probably the way to go, let's chill out on the "better assets than Jimmy Butler" stuff when talking about guys still in college.

you forgot the important "for a non contending team" qualifier. I stand by that statement, any of those players is a better chip to have than Jimmy Butler for a shitty team like the Bulls that isn't gong anywhere for years.

You're never going to get a better draft pick deal than the one you could get from the Celtics so how am i wrong? Hanging onto Butler and waiting for a better deal will never happen since you'll never have a draft as loaded as this one.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Quote:
NBA TRADE DEADLINE: BULLS' TRADE WITH THUNDER RETURNS PLAYERS WHO HAVE BEEN UNIQUELY TERRIBLE THIS YEAR

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sporting ... puatr39xfx

:lol: :lol:

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:13 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
veganfan21 wrote:
Quote:
NBA TRADE DEADLINE: BULLS' TRADE WITH THUNDER RETURNS PLAYERS WHO HAVE BEEN UNIQUELY TERRIBLE THIS YEAR

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sporting ... puatr39xfx

:lol: :lol:

I didn't know anything about who they got before I read that article.

Now I wish I hadn't read it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:21 pm 

GarPax receives one vote for GM of the year.

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-bulls ... y-theories

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Ltg

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:56 am 

Would be awesome if OKC did it to troll him after the Payne trade.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:09 am 

Bump. 4 years/$32MM for Felicio, the most average, replaceable player in the entire league. Fuck GarPax. Can't wait to see the 4 year/$80MM they give fucking Mirotic. Goddamnit

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:33 am 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Bump. 4 years/$32MM for Felicio, the most average, replaceable player in the entire league. Fuck GarPax. Can't wait to see the 4 year/$80MM they give fucking Mirotic. Goddamnit

Was just coming here to post that. Terrible signing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:15 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Quote:
Bulls sources are now using Gar Forman's name as a metaphor for bad GM'ing

One summer after the Chicago Bulls signed Dwyane Wade and Rajon Rondo to a team that already featured Jimmy Butler, only Wade remains, as a dysfunctional 2016-17 campaign — save for a two-game flicker of hope of in the playoffs — gave way to what could be one of the worst rosters in the NBA.

So, get used to more reports like this one from the Chicago Sun-Times, citing an anonymous Bulls source on Cameron Payne after the point guard broke his right foot for the second time in three years:

“We knew the second practice [after he was acquired] that he couldn’t play at [an NBA] level,” the source said. “The only reason it took two practices was because we thought maybe it was nerves in the first one.
“Any [Bulls] coach who says differently is lying. … We got ‘Garred’ on that one.”

Any time the name of your general manager, Gar Forman, is being used within the organization as a verb to describe making terrible decisions, you know your franchise is in trouble. Sorry, Bulls fans.
Forman, of course, acquired Payne along with Anthony Morrow and Joffrey Lauvergne at the trade deadline in February for beloved longtime Bulls forward Taj Gibson’s expiring contract, Chicago’s 2014 lottery pick Doug McDermott and a 2018 second-round pick. Lauvergne left for the San Antonio Spurs in free agency, Morrow remains unsigned on the open market, and Payne just broke his foot again.
Just for fun: Do you want to know how Forman moved up to take McDermott at No. 11 three years ago? He traded the rights to the Nos. 16 and 19 picks. Those two players: Gary Harris and Jusuf Nurkic.
Payne played all of 11 games for the Bulls after the All-Star break. When Chicago was desperate for a point guard after Rondo’s season-ending thumb injury in Game 2 against the Boston Celtics, they couldn’t turn to Payne. The former lottery pick played all of four minutes in the playoffs, as coach Fred Hoiberg turned to the likes of Isaiah Canaan, Michael Carter-Williams and Jerian Grant instead.

In 88 appearances over his first two injury-plagued NBA seasons, Payne has averaged five points, 1.9 assists and 1.5 rebounds in 13.2 minutes per game, while shooting 37.8 percent from the field. His player efficiency rating was a robust 5.5 last season. And this wasn’t Forman’s worst trade of 2017.
On draft day, the Bulls GM dealt Butler, a three-All-Star with two years left on his contract, for two-time slam dunk champ Zach LaVine, who is still recovering from knee surgery, as well as underproducing 2016 No. 5 overall pick Kris Dunn, a No. 7 pick in 2017 that he used on underwhelming forward Lauri Markkanen. The trade was widely considered a steal for the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Soon after making that deal, Forman sold the draft rights to the No. 38 pick for $3.8 million to the Golden State Warriors, who proceeded to draft Oregon’s Jordan Bell, who the defending champions saw as someone primed to learn under fellow versatile forward Draymond Green. Selling off a draft pick for cash isn’t the best look when your team is entering what expects to be a long rebuild.
It is precisely these circumstances that led Bulls fans to crowdfund a #FireGarPax billboard in Chicago — blending the names of the GM and vice president of basketball operations John Paxson.

Those two helped build a 62-win team that reached the Eastern Conference finals in 2011, when Forman even earned Executive of the Year honors, and granted the Derrick Rose-led Bulls were plagued by injuries in the years afterward, but they have made few deft moves ever since.
Things got so bad last season that Bulls players openly suspected the front office of employing assistant coach Randy Brown as a “spy” inside the locker room, fracturing an already fractured team. Now, before 2017-18 training camp even begins, anonymous sources are blasting Forman in the media.
It should be another interesting season in Chicago, only with fewer reasons to watch actually watch the team play, especially if the Bulls reach a buyout with Wade as expected. You will remember Forman signed a 34-year-old past-his-prime Wade to a two-year, $47 million contract last summer.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
First of all the source for that is Cowley. He's most likely just projecting his own dislike on GarPax rather than having a source at all.

And second of all, if he does have a source, I sure hope Gar is able to track down the culprit. That kind of disrespect is exactly the kind of thing keeping the Bulls from playing better. Just like last season's failure to against Boston is entirely reducible to Butler and Wade being malcontents and had nothing at all to do with the makeup of the team. Cameron Payne is perfectly capable of being an NBA starting point guard. That's what GarPax liked in him from the start, and if he fails, it will definitely be down to lack of faith from other players and coaches on the team, not his actual quality. GarPax can't fail the team, the team can only fail them.

I'd add that it's very difficult to criticize the majority of the moves the 2011 NBA Executive of the Year has made, so simple jealousy is probably the most likely reason for such criticism.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
GarPax would do great in the Trump administration

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:34 am 
100000 CLUB

I've been saying for years that Gar sucks and needs to go.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:43 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
First of all the source for that is Cowley. He's most likely just projecting his own dislike on GarPax rather than having a source at all.

And second of all, if he does have a source, I sure hope Gar is able to track down the culprit. That kind of disrespect is exactly the kind of thing keeping the Bulls from playing better. Just like last season's failure to against Boston is entirely reducible to Butler and Wade being malcontents and had nothing at all to do with the makeup of the team. Cameron Payne is perfectly capable of being an NBA starting point guard. That's what GarPax liked in him from the start, and if he fails, it will definitely be down to lack of faith from other players and coaches on the team, not his actual quality. GarPax can't fail the team, the team can only fail them.

I'd add that it's very difficult to criticize the majority of the moves the 2011 NBA Executive of the Year has made, so simple jealousy is probably the most likely reason for such criticism.

Yeah GarPax sucks for not being able to acquire much for 2 rotation guys. I'm sure you and others expected a kings ransom for them. anything less is an indictment on Them like always.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
Gar especially needs to be taken out back and shot:

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/09/cen ... the-q.html

A series of offseason moves has left the Bulls without the talent to compete for a playoff spot, writes A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE in his “30 teams in 30 days” series. Chicago signaled the start of a rebuilding project on draft day when it traded Jimmy Butler to the Timberwolves in exchange for Zach LaVine, Kris Dunn and the chance to draft Markkanen. That leaves the team with two veterans in Dwyane Wade and Robin Lopez, surrounded by a lot of unproven talent. Blakely criticizes the front office for several bad deals that turned two first-round picks, four second-rounders and Taj Gibson into a group of youngsters with Cameron Payne as the “prize” addition.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

Yeah GarPax sucks for not being able to acquire much for 2 rotation guys. I'm sure you and others expected a kings ransom for them. anything less is an indictment on Them like always.

He got back a player who is significantly worse than the player he traded 2 draft picks for and he gave up a 2nd round pick to get him. It's ridiculous to defend Gar for this trade.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

He got back a player who is significantly worse than the player he traded 2 draft picks for and he gave up a 2nd round pick to get him. It's ridiculous to defend Gar for this trade.
Nah McDermott would've been well on his way to being the next Kyler Korver but for Jimmy Butler's insolence and disrespect of the offensive genius of "The Mayor." Coach Hoiberg definitely would've coached him up given his long history of developing talented NBA professionals, and there were no better picks that the Bulls could have used their two first rounders on. What, you think Harris or Nurkic would have been much better? Anyone criticizing that pick by GarPax is simply biased against giving them a fair shake.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:30 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

Nah McDermott would've been well on his way to being the next Kyler Korver but for Jimmy Butler's insolence and disrespect of the offensive genius of "The Mayor." Coach Hoiberg definitely would've coached him up given his long history of developing talented NBA professionals, and there were no better picks that the Bulls could have used their two first rounders on. What, you think Harris or Nurkic would have been much better? Anyone criticizing that pick by GarPax is simply biased against giving them a fair shake.

Your objectivity when it comes to GarPax is the stuff of legends. They botched the McDermott draft pick. No doubt about it. This team was done the second the injuries began to pile up with Rose. He was a legit superstar. Missing with late round picks are not GM killers contrary to popular belief.

Funny how you ran away from the Butler and Kyrie market value thing once it became apparent that you were wrong. There are few moves that GarPax could have made that would have made them contenders.

I don't care for Cowley and his sources either. It's probably Butler anyway. Meanwhile watch the jubilation which emanates from Thibs apologists as Minnie blows their way to 45 wins. There will be a high level of acceptance for mediocrity all of a sudden.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
long time guy wrote:
There will be a high level of acceptance for mediocrity all of a sudden.

All of a sudden? You've had a high level of acceptance for GarPax's mediocrity for quite some time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next