pizza_Place: Malnati's
Bastards sued Billy the Cub.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi- ... 9196.story

It's all part of "the Plan."

Post subject: Re: Theo
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:10 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I'm sure the Trib could have gotten a picture where a small child isn't crying at the prospect of being photographed with Clark The Cub, but here we are.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Jack Brickhouse Toppings
:lol: That avatar CH... Oh my.

"He sounds like a man that was never challenged to be a man."
"He gives a lot of opinions without probably having many life experiences."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:16 pm 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
I'm sure the Trib could have gotten a picture where a small child isn't crying at the prospect of being photographed with Clark The Cub, but here we are.

:lol:

I found that pic to be incredibly funny.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:03 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Havent got my guys legal opinion on this yet, but let me first add these two guys are assholes. See them all the time, not even in the suit anymore. Manytimes, one is in the suit, one isnt.

Do the Cubs have a case they can win? Maybe, but do these 2 idiots have the money to fight it is the question, because thats why the Cubs did it.

These guys just walk around fucking with people or hitting on girls. Which is where they made their mistakes.

IF they had a brain, they would have cut a deal as promoting The Cubby Bear.....but they dont....so goodbye.

I expect these 2 to be lifers at sluggers on non game days!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:47 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
I don't know if I would douchebag Theo. I kind of feel bad for him at this point. I'm imagining he had no idea he would be dealing with this kind of crap on a day to day basis.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:21 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I think it's funny that you have this all-powerful heritage franchise just waiting to take its "rightful place" at the top of the baseball mountain that is run by Really Smart Guys but they are fucking around with two borderline homeless douchebags in a ratty looking bear suit. Talk about bad optics.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I think it's funny that you have this all-powerful heritage franchise just waiting to take its "rightful place" at the top of the baseball mountain that is run by Really Smart Guys but they are fucking around with two borderline homeless douchebags in a ratty looking bear suit. Talk about bad optics.

I don't know anything about the companies you've been a part of, but would you want those to be represented by borderline homeless douchebags out on the street? I bet they don't even wear sport coats...ever!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:43 am 
Site Admin

immessedup17 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I don't know anything about the companies you've been a part of, but would you want those to be represented by borderline homeless douchebags out on the street? I bet they don't even wear sport coats...ever!

I don't worry about shit so small. This makes the Cubs look small. When you sue someone you are automatically putting the guy you sue on the same level as you. I think ignoring them would be the more advisable course of action. Or working with the alderman and the cops to hassle them at street level. But then, I'm not walking around my office in a Cubs uniform.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:54 am 

Keeping this guy or guys out and about punching who knows who while looking like they represent the Cubs organization could cause them problems down the road. Nip it in the bud.

The gentlemen who worry about the Cubs on field performance aren't the same gentlemen worrying about this.

If I felt this lawsuit was going to set The Plan back, I'd think differently.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I don't worry about shit so small. This makes the Cubs look small. When you sue someone you are automatically putting the guy you sue on the same level as you. I think ignoring them would be the more advisable course of action. Or working with the alderman and the cops to hassle them at street level. But then, I'm not walking around my office in a Cubs uniform.

Yeah, I woud imagine The Cubs have some juice at Town Hall. Just gently marginalize him, keep searching that fricking cooler. Make it an unpleasant work environment. This lawsuit gives BIlly the Cub an air of legitimacy, and these guys will show up to court, even if they don't have the money to defend themselves. Someone will start an ironic GoFundMe, if they haven't already.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:02 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I don't worry about shit so small.

:|

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Did any of you "critics" see the actual bar fight?

The mascot was minding his own business,when some jerk went behind him and pulled his head off. In return the jerk received a punch in the face. I compare it to someone sneaking behind JORR and snatching his sunglasses. I'm sure the response would be the same.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:40 pm 

I see this DOUCHEBAG all the time around here in his suit. While I don't know if he said something to the guy at anytime before it he often does.

Last week, saw him come up to some chicks, grab one and start humping her. he did it to be funny, they seemed to go along with the joke (at least the ones that weren't getting humped) and there no doubt it was harmless, but you just cant have guys that appear to the public to be part of your organization doing that stuff.

I see them on the corner getting in peoples way, then someone pushes them and the FUCK YOU comes out from under the bear head.

Or from those visiting families from downstate, etc The kids run up the Bear, or mommy wants them to take a pic with the bear. Imagine going to Disneyworld, your kids take a picture with Mickey and he tips he hat over and you see it is filled with $1's and 5$'s and Mickey gives them a "How about a little something for the effort?" , wouldnt go over so well with Disney management,.

"THE FIGHT" is just an example of what has happened for years, I agree it doesnt look like their fault in that one, but guess what, you swing at a guy for taking your hat and see how that goes?

Kind of similar to this site, I get emails from pissed off fans, fans of the score asking questions of where Mike North went, they want a Terry Boers photo, Dan Bernstein speaking requests, etc.
The cubs get complaint letters about these 2 guys enough that now is when you do something about it.

They are just foolish of how they have gone about it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:13 pm 

bigfan - has anyone affiliated with CBS Radio and 670 ever contacted you about this site...to change the name or what have you?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:44 pm 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

This is what I'm saying...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:45 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I see the points about this but why Theo. Isn't this a biz side move more like Crane Kenney? My take is they probably are bad for Cubs but they have to be too careful not to sterilize the area around there too much and destroy the atmosphere which helps fill the park and build the brand.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:57 pm 
Site Admin

pittmike wrote:
I see the points about this but why Theo. Isn't this a biz side move more like Crane Kenney? My take is they probably are bad for Cubs but they have to be too careful not to sterilize the area around there too much and destroy the atmosphere which helps fill the park and build the brand.

A new mascot, without any other competitive creatures, is all part of the Plan. Theo's Plan.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:53 pm 

That the people who play Billy Cub are rude, profane, and perverted almost makes me want them around more. I appreciate the Lynchian things in life.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:25 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
bigfan - has anyone affiliated with CBS Radio and 670 ever contacted you about this site...to change the name or what have you?

No, but thats is why the disclaimers exist and I watch a few things.

The simple lithmus test of, are you trying to fool others of what you are. What is your intent.

I think these guys are going to have an issue with that simple test. They do nothing to create any distinction between them and the cubs.

When a reasonable person sees them, it is reasonable to think they are associated with the cubs and they do nothing to stop that. They wear offical team gear while acting as a mascot.

I think they are fucked. Obviousely, the cubs just want them gone, but lets face it, the cubs could really wreck these guys pathetic life.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:32 pm 

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1723595/thumbs/o-WRIGLEY-FIE-facebook.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
bigfan wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:

No, but thats is why the disclaimers exist and I watch a few things.

The simple lithmus test of, are you trying to fool others of what you are. What is your intent.

I think these guys are going to have an issue with that simple test. They do nothing to create any distinction between them and the cubs.

When a reasonable person sees them, it is reasonable to think they are associated with the cubs and they do nothing to stop that. They wear offical team gear while acting as a mascot.

I think they are fucked. Obviousely, the cubs just want them gone, but lets face it, the cubs could really wreck these guys pathetic life.

Don't ever answer such questions while drunk. Your only hope now is H. Bruce Bernstein. At $90.00 per second, billed to the quarter second, a relative bargain.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:34 pm 

Hmmm, we do have a no trespassing sign on that driveway he is standing on.

Panthro, do I have a case?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:35 pm 

How about that girl on the left - decent? Small photo...hard to judge.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:36 pm 

Also not sure why Theo is even part of this, shouldnt Crane be dealing with this? or has he fcuked up so much that ricketts asked Theo to handle it

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:39 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
How about that girl on the left - decent? Small photo...hard to judge.

Nice body, but she's rockin' the Hide A Multitude Of Sins sunglasses.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
bigfan wrote:
Also not sure why Theo is even part of this, shouldnt Crane be dealing with this? or has he fcuked up so much that ricketts asked Theo to handle it

You would think it would be Crane.

JORR, they have to address this. The brand is being impacted. It doesn't matter how small it is. Its an image issue and it will get bigger if you don't address it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:49 pm 

I'd like bigfan to create a new thread for the Board Genius Contest

New Talking Points Sox Fans Bring Up When Bringing Up The Cub

25 points for being dead on...10 points for being close, etc.

Once the Cubs promote the top prospects, and they are no longer prospects, Sox fans will lose "Cubs fans pay more attention to the minors than their own team."

When the Cubs start winning, there goes the whole "The plan is to lose!"

When fans continue following the team after the jumbotron is up and forget Cubs Radio on WGN even existed...there goes the whole "the only thing that makes the Cubs interesting is the tradition."

etc etc.

But Sox fans are nothing but resilient. They'll find something.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:02 pm 
Site Admin

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
bigfan wrote:

You would think it would be Crane.

JORR, they have to address this. The brand is being impacted. It doesn't matter how small it is. Its an image issue and it will get bigger if you don't address it.

I don't think anyone believes that goof in that mangy suit is associated with the Cubs in any way. Do people think the Cubs own the Cubby Bear? Does Ronnie Woo-Woo hurt their brand?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:04 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I don't think anyone believes that goof in that mangy suit is associated with the Cubs in any way. Do people think the Cubs own the Cubby Bear? Does Ronnie Woo-Woo hurt their brand?

Suddenly all Cubs fans are not casual folks that just go to Wrigley and the surrounding area for the scene? Why would any random person think that mascot isn't associated with the Cubs? At a glance, it could certainly seem affiliated.