It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
For agreeing to not make that piece of fucking shit Daley testify in the case due to his "health reasons" . Fucking asswipe shysters, who paid you off ?

Former Mayor Richard M. Daley isn’t going to have to testify in City Hall’s lawsuit to break a sweetheart contract the Park Grill restaurant awarded under Daley.

After reviewing affidavits on Daley’s medical condition behind closed doors, the Park Grill’s operators and lawyers agreed Wednesday to withdraw their subpoena to put the former mayor on the witness stand.

Park Grill operators Matthew O’Malley and James Horan had been relying on Daley to be their star witness to rebuff the lawsuit Mayor Rahm Emanuel filed in Cook County Court three years ago.

“My clients are very disappointed,” attorney Stephen Novack said after he agreed to withdraw the subpoena that Daley’s lawyers had been fighting to dismiss.

“We saw the medical information . . . and it was the right thing to do,” Novack said, indicating that Daley’s memory has changed since he gave a lengthy deposition last August.

The Chicago Sun-Times has reported that Daley suffered a stroke when he was rushed to Northwestern Memorial Hospital last Jan. 31 when his nephew Richard J. “R.J.” Vanecko pled guilty to involuntary manslaughter for killing David Koschman a decade ago.

Earlier this month, Daley’s attorneys filed a motion to quash the subpoena, arguing that his testimony wasn’t necessary in the Park Grill case because he had little recall during his deposition last summer, and they argued that his undisclosed medical condition would make it a hardship for him to take the witness stand.

Cook County Judge Moshe Jacobius held a closed-door hearing with lawyers for the former mayor, the Emanuel administration and the Park Grill on Wednesday to discuss Daley’s medical condition. Jacobius said the affidavits on Daley’s medical condition will remain sealed.

As part of the agreement to withdraw the subpoena, Novack said Daley’s 162-page deposition will now become evidence in the trial. During the contentious deposition, Daley repeatedly said he couldn’t recall details about the restaurant, saying, “I don’t know what I knew.”

The Chicago Park District, controlled by the mayor, gave the Park Grill a 30-year contract in 2003 to operate the restaurant on land controlled by City Hall, but never got approval for the deal from the City Council as required by law.

The Emanuel administration is trying to break the deal, saying the Park Grill got a sweetheart deal, including free natural gas and garbage collection, because O’Malley had an affair with a top park district official, Laura Foxgrover, who bore his child as the park district and restaurant were negotiating the concession contract.

O’Malley and Horan, however, had maintained that Daley had been fully aware of their plans for the restaurant because they had several meetings with the mayor before it opened in 2003. During one of those meetings, O’Malley and Horan say Daley ordered them to move the bar from the front of the restaurant to the back. Daley said during his deposition that he didn’t recall those meetings.

Although the Daley administration knew the Park Grill never got legal permission from the City Council for the deal, City Hall didn’t try to break the lease until O’Malley and Horan tried to sell their company that manages the Park Grill for $8 million as Emanuel was taking office.

Emanuel filed suit in December 2011, claiming the restaurant got “a lopsided contract that cheated taxpayers” out of $8 million.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
badrogue17 wrote:
swipe shysters, who paid you off ?

Daley.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
:lol: ...swipe shysters.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Chicago Park District, where loyal followers who don't snitch go to live out those last remaining years on our dime with a healthy raise.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:02 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Reading between the lines here, I don't think they were cutting Daley a break. I think they realized they might not like what he was going to say.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Reading between the lines here, I don't think they were cutting Daley a break. I think they realized they might not like what he was going to say.

Throw everyone else under the bus as usual while denying any knowledge of what went on?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:58 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
badrogue17 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Throw everyone else under the bus as usual while denying any knowledge of what went on?

The key sentence in the story is this: “We saw the medical information . . . and it was the right thing to do,” Novack said, indicating that Daley’s memory has changed since he gave a lengthy deposition last August.

Now, I don't know exactly what that means. But the way I'm reading it is they went in there and Daley's attorneys let it be known that Daley was really hot about being dragged into this and they should let it go. Remember, there are a lot of relationships here. That's how these guys ended up with the deal in the first place. Daley sure wasn't going to get on the stand and admit such a thing. The implication seems to be, if you put my guy up there, maybe now he remembers some things that aren't going to help your case. That may be embarrassing to him, but you're embarrassing him by calling him in the first place. And the Park Grill guys blinked.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:25 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Lion Premium Grills L75623 32" Natural Gas Grill is the best natural gas grill brand known to me so far.. It has premium solid stainless steel cooking grates.I am loving this grill. It maintains set temperatures and plenty of room for cooking for lots of people or a few. This grill was easy to set in place and I like the night lights for evening grilling.
I suggest to buy this grill ..!!