It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Jay Cutler
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I'm convinced that Jay Cutler could have said "I was taking Bucky Chris to the doctor" and he would have believed it.

The hilarity is, no matter what he said you wouldn't have believed it. I guess we're two sides of the same coin.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:13 pm 

Bucky Chris wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I'm convinced that Jay Cutler could have said "I was taking Bucky Chris to the doctor" and he would have believed it.

The hilarity is, no matter what he said you wouldn't have believed it. I guess we're two sides of the same coin.
It's because what happened is fairly obvious. Even normal Cutler defenders like Frank see it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
It seems like he has missed a lot this year. silvy sounds pissy about this one.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:15 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

It's because what happened is fairly obvious. Even normal Cutler defenders like Frank see it.

You really like to argue like no other I have seen, it is quite amazing.

Hawg Ass wrote:
No I don't.

Spaulding wrote:
It seems like he has missed a lot this year. silvy sounds pissy about this one.

If he's missed a lot, this should be even less of a story.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:19 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
No I don't.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Yeah I'm not buying this load of shit. I get that there's not a day spent at work that could ever be more important than my kids health but this just happened to occur after this game on the day and time that he's to be held semi-accountable for it? Does anyone believe that it just isn't a matter of Kristen calling the doc and they get right in? Very convenient timing no doubt.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:50 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Yeah I'm not buying this load of shit. I get that there's not a day spent at work that could ever be more important than my kids health but this just happened to occur after this game on the day and time that he's to be held semi-accountable for it? Does anyone believe that it just isn't a matter of Kristen calling the doc and they get right in? Very convenient timing no doubt.

I don't see why people think he would even want to avoid the show. It's all softball questions, and he is going to have to answer to the media anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:53 pm 

Bucky Chris wrote:
I don't see why people think he would even want to avoid the show. It's all softball questions, and he is going to have to answer to the media anyway.
Well, he had his wife schedule an appointment during the show and not an hour before it or an hour after it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:59 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:
Well, he had his wife schedule an appointment during the show and not an hour before it or an hour after it.

I'm asking why he would do that. There is literally nothing to avoid. The W&S show is a safe house of sorts.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Bucky Chris wrote:
There is literally nothing to avoid. The W&S show is a safe house of sorts.
That is the point. Why avoid it? And even if his kid was at the Dr (which I don't believe he was) Cutler still could have found 5 or 6 minutes to call in and chat briefly to squash all of this nonsense going on.

This is a soap opera. All that happened under Lovie was guys punched each other. There was none of this other bullshit. Maybe Trestman is an incredible offensive mind, but he appears to be a lackluster at best head coach and he is not a leader of men.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:07 pm 

Bucky Chris wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:

I'm asking why he would do that. There is literally nothing to avoid. The W&S show is a safe house of sorts.

Maybe he just woke up and thought I dont want to deal with this shit today.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:08 pm 

Bucky Chris wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:

He probably didn't want to deal with any talk the day after even if it was going to be from two guys who take it easy on him. I mean, it had to suck that everyone was reporting that your good friend Brandon Marshall was calling you out. As you are well aware of, Cutler can be pretty moody too especially when dealing with ANY media.

By Thursday, it was pretty much a story that the national media had moved on from.

A lot of things don't make sense. It seems like there are a lot of easy ways in which he at least could have been on the phone with them for 10-15 minutes. I doubt he would have skipped practice or a game for the same reason.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:08 pm 

I feel so sorry for the Bears :(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Jay Cutler is paid more than $1 Million per game. That my friends is bad ROI.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

Its really gone to hell in handbasket quickly, hasn't it Hawg? From an outside perspective it has to be more sad than funny at this point.

rogers park bryan wrote:
That almost doesn't make sense either because there have been games where he has been really bad (shoving Webb, INTs at SF, etc) and he is there doing the show talking about it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:12 pm 

Honestly from an outsider looking in, it is awful and if I was a fan of that team I would be pissed. There is no excuse for any of this to be going on, there is not one leader in the group. From the front office, to the coaching staff and down to the players. I am sure it could happen, but with the way the Packers are set up now, I couldn't envision this scenario in Green Bay.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:13 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
That almost doesn't make sense either because there have been games where he has been really bad (shoving Webb, INTs at SF, etc) and he is there doing the show talking about it.
He and others can deny it all they want but what happened with Marshall was a big deal.

The only question is if it is a positive or negative influence. I could see Marshall going for 180 yards against the Patriots and everyone suddenly acknowledges that Marshall did call him out and it was a good thing. I could also see it as the first major sign that Trestman can't manage this team and has to be fired at the end of the season and/or Marshall has to be sent to the Jets for a 4th round pick.

Last edited by Brick on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:14 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Its really gone to hell in handbasket quickly, hasn't it Hawg? From an outside perspective it has to be more sad than funny at this point.

rogers park bryan wrote:

If you think about it from a human point of view it does

Sometimes you just dont want to deal with it. It doesnt always happen on the worst day ever.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:15 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Honestly from an outsider looking in, it is awful and if I was a fan of that team I would be pissed. There is no excuse for any of this to be going on, there is not one leader in the group. From the front office, to the coaching staff and down to the players. I am sure it could happen, but with the way the Packers are set up now, I couldn't envision this scenario in Green Bay.

...the fuck outta here man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:17 pm 

The Packers don't implode until the Giants show up in January.

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Don't think we will have to worry about them this year, postive.

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
He and others can deny it all they want but what happened with Marshall was a big deal.

The only question is if it is a positive or negative influence. I could see Marshall going for 180 yards against the Patriots and everyone suddenly acknowledges that Marshall did call him out and it was a good thing. I could also see it as the first major sign that Trestman can't manage this team and has to be fired at the end of the season and/or Marshall has to be sent to the Jets for a 4th round pick.

Lance Briggs said he heard the whole thing & decided to leave. Some fucking leader he is. A leader gets in there & leads. This is when a guy like Kreutz is needed.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:18 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

I know it is bad RPB, I honestly feel terrible for you guys. Better days ahead.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

I agree, RPB. There has still been times where things have been bad, and Jay is there facing the music. Hell he did the show after they were booted from the playoffs on the final play of the season last year.

Its a lot easier for you or I to call in sick or whatever because we don't want to deal with it. Its a totally different scenario when you a professional athlete, not to mention the quarterback and supposed leader of one of the NFL's charter franchises.

The whole thing is really a shame. Its emBEARessing, and IMO nothing short of at least one playoff victory this year will calm things down.

:lol: SH, do you really believe Briggs? You're dumb enough to thats for sure. I don't think he left at all. I think he heard everything and knows everything that was going on. Maybe he raised his voice too. Briggs saying he left is his way of not talking about it to the media. By accounts I've read Kruetz was a shitty teammate and punched Fred Miller in the jaw.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

49ers.

:(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:21 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:21 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

They need the kind of leadership that Ned Yost provides.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:22 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

49ers.

:(