It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
immessedup17 wrote:
Chus wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Thats the rumor, that the sticker on your car gets you out of a speeding ticket, or moving violations. So does not speeding or driving well.

I have heard some cops say that they go the other way when they see a sticker like that. They think you are trying to hide something.

Yeah - at this point the only folks who put that on their car are folks hoping to get out of a ticket by displaying it.

Also...stickers and decals are terrible. I'm pissed I had to get an AH city sticker.

I have heard cops say that D.A.R.E. stickers immediately raise suspicion.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Here's the thing about those police calls. Sometimes they have no actual association with the cops at all. It may just be some goofs running a phone room. They "collect" for the police and then write a tiny check to whatever police association while using most of the money for "operations".

Regardless, I think cops do okay financially. Go buy your own bullet-proof vests.

is the public really in such a hurry to donate to the police ?

Here's the pitch:

"And, you know, if you donate at the $25 level, we send you out a sticker for your car, so the guys will know who you are.

I can say that for the Department I worked on, that meant next to nothing. Most of those organizations donate a few pennies on the dollar to a fund for officers who are in legal trouble (excessive use of force, unlawful shooting, etc.) and I never knew anyone that saw a dime of any such "help". If the officer is on the fence about whether to issue a citation or a warning for a traffic violation, it could tip things in a favorable direction. But 95% of the time, it would be meaningless. If an officer has legal problems connected to his duties as an officer, the department has to supply council unless the officer is deemed to have committed an unlawful act. Even then, unless the act is truly egregious, the department will often stand behind the officer, for fear that a civil suit will cost the department dearly if the officer is found guilty in court. So these funds are mostly just a bullshit excuse for people to collect big bucks for themselves.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
order a set of these

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
bigfan wrote:
order a set of these

Much better