It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Paris Terrorists
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Nas wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
Nas wrote:

Our troops can't be killed if they aren't there. Propaganda has a much better chance of being effective than bombs. We've spent trillions of dollars and lost thousands of lives and the only thing that has changed is the cancer has spread. We can't contain it now. People that look like all of us are signing up to fight us. This just isn't a war that can be won with a bomb IMO. What is your solution?

propoganda would only strengthen isis because you cant hide anything anymore. people would know its bs. if you dont want to 'go over there' the best you can hope is they ruin their own credibility... which im sure thats what the government thought would happen. the fact that isis has done the things theyve done and the muslim community doesnt get rid of them is a damning reality.

I don't buy that. Our bombing helps their recruiting. Reality is our bombing hasn't changed anything. When we had a little success in Iraq it was because we were paying people.

I agree with you in that we should never have been there in the first place. We should let that part of the world to rot. Funny thing we want to become more independent of them yet the moron in the White House and the Dummycraps want to keep us from doing so. Whose side are they fucking on?
Thing is with the way they view the world if we turn all that will happen is make things worse by making us look like even bigger pussies. Right now we are in a no win situation.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:23 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
So what do you propose?

You have to change the hearts and minds of the next generation. We provide all the ammunition they need for their propaganda machine. That kid that was 4 years old in 2001 was taught and shown his entire life that America and the rest of the West hates Muslims. He is now an adult and he has seen enough evidence to believe it's true. Violence hasn't changed anything but create another group of people that hate us. Unless endless war is the goal we need a new strategy. An idea just can't be defeated with a bomb. As long as we are bombing that idea will continue to spread across the globe like a cancer.[/quote]

So you want to educate while troops are being killed in Afghanistan and people are killed simply for printing a cartoon of Mohammed? Radical Islamist terrorist groups don't believe in negotiation or peace...their demands are simple: conform to Islam or be killed. Even Muslims are killed simply for refusing to go along with terrorist demands so their philosophy is hypocritical.

I acknowledge innocent people have died during our operations but what happened on 9/11 did not involve taking out military targets (save the Pentagon). The "torture" we were accused of are child's play compared to what terrorists do to their prisoners, but since the media chooses not to report that then we are portrayed as the evil Americans. The silent majority of Islam needs to speak up and turn in people who preach terrorism in the name of a religion; not every single Muslim takes the Quran to heart and actually believe in freedom to express your religious and political beliefs in a legal matter.[/quote]

Our troops can't be killed if they aren't there. Propaganda has a much better chance of being effective than bombs. We've spent trillions of dollars and lost thousands of lives and the only thing that has changed is the cancer has spread. We can't contain it now. People that look like all of us are signing up to fight us. This just isn't a war that can be won with a bomb IMO. What is your solution?[/quote]

It was never contained; Afghanistan was an Al-Qaeda training ground as well as Yemen. Iran shares the same beliefs and lends financial support to terrorist organizations. With the increase of technology has led to these groups being able to get their bullshit out to impressionable young minds through the internet who think joining up with these terrorists is "the cool thing to do" because it is anti-society and anti-American.

What do we do? Pressure nations that fund terrorism (Saudi Arabia, etc.) and threaten them that economic sanctions will occur if they continue their practices. Support the moderate parties of Iran that are pro-Western and do not believe in the annihilation of Israel. Reintroduce our interrogation methods- they foiled many terrorists plots. Stop being afraid of being labeled bigots or stereotyping and pursue evidence that shows terrorist groups in our country. Radical Islamists should be treated just as seriously as white extremists and anti-government groups are. Identify these individuals as being radical Islamists and encourage peaceful Muslim leaders to denounce any form of violence in the name of Allah. Continue our military operations in Afganistan and Iraq; if they want to kill Americans, we will kill them first.

When we first started our war on terrorism after the events of 9/11, terrorists were on the run and were quiet for quite a while. With the withdraw of troops and the government's refusal to continue to use the phrase "War on terrorism", it emboldened groups and gave them an opportunity to rebuild their organizations and create new terrorist plots.

Will we ever eliminate Muslim extremists? No, we won't because it has always been present in the world but we can reduce it to a point will their power is weakened and they don't have the structure or the finances to keep these attacks going.

Nas, the simple fact that me and you have the freedom to discuss this subject, despite differing viewpoints, is a testament to the freedoms we enjoy and ones that these assholes seek to eliminate.

Sorry to go all Sini in my post, but this is a subject I have personal experience with and very strong feelings about this.

Nas, the simple fact that me and you have the freedom to discuss this subject, despite differing viewpoints, is a testament to the freedoms we enjoy and ones that these assholes seek to eliminate.[/quote] Think about the future terrorists that have are now being nurtured as a result of our actions today. The innocent people that are being killed as a result of drone strikes have children that are growing up as we are writing this. They may not have had a reason to hate the United States before but they sure do now. Every Muslim does not hate the U.S. quite frankly. People have also chosen to ignore the actions of the United States and in some cases it has been to the U.S. s peril. You can't keep minimizing the actions of the U.S. actions can have consequences. The actions of terrorists are reprehensible and they should not go unpunished. It seems as though there are some that want to declare a holy war and that is not the answer either.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
my seven year old can draw better than that. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:29 pm 

Man the amount of self-loathing and mollycoddling for the bad guys on here is amazing. If the Orcs from Lord of the Rings suddenly came out of the ground and where hacking people up you all would be crying for restraint

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Think about the future terrorists that have are now being nurtured as a result of our actions today. The innocent people that are being killed as a result of drone strikes have children that are growing up as we are writing this. They may not have had a reason to hate the United States before but they sure do now. Every Muslim does not hate the U.S. quite frankly. People have also chosen to ignore the actions of the United States and in some cases it has been to the U.S. s peril. You can't keep minimizing the actions of the U.S. actions can have consequences. The actions of terrorists are reprehensible and they should not go unpunished. It seems as though there are some that want to declare a holy war and that is not the answer either.[/quote]

Perhaps if they are so upset about their loved ones being killed, than they should do us a favor and kill the terrorists themselves. Then the drone strikes will stop in their areas.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Frank it was contained to a certain part of the world and if we are honest we were responsible for some of the hate. Overthrowing a democratic government in Iran and invading Iraq for monetary reasons. The same people we supported in the 80's became our enemy.

Torturing people and using whatever words you think is proper won't kill an idea either.

You're remembering the wars wrong. We were losing in Iraq and had pretty much abandoned Afghanistan until 2009.

Sanctions may work but we have to get out of bed with the Saudi's and others first. There are many things we can do to hurt their recruiting but unless we nuke the world we won't kill an idea. It sounds like you agree too.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:37 pm 

You guys keep talking about a "moderate" Muslim , seems I need to do a little definition here:

There is a $50 in the middle of an intersection. In one street is Santa Clause, In another is The Easter Bunny,In another is a West Hating Muslim and in the Fourth is a Moderate Muslim. Who gets the $50?

Easy the West hating Muslim cuze the other 3 are figments of your fucking imagination.

Now on a serious note, the bad guy Muslims have won why? easy,all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to remain silent. Not that I think there are any "good" Muslims but you get the point.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:41 pm 

The Drone attacks that we are so cavalierly choosing to dismiss are serving to birth an entire group of future terrorists. This group may not have had a reason to hate the U.S. before but they sure have a reason to hate us now. You will not be able to wipe out terrorism this way. Not every Muslim hates the U.S. but they will surely be taught to if the rhetoric continues to be anti Islamic. Speaking of the KKK they use to carry out many of their attacks in the name of Christianity. Suppose all Christians were lumped in with them. How would that make you feel? ( considering of course that you are Christian.) The more you hear some talk about it the more you get the feeling that they are ready for some sort of religious war. Islam is the second largest religion in the world. If all Muslims felt the way that the terrorists feel trust me you would know. We have to separate the actions of terrorists from those of other Muslims. We have to stop perpetuating the myth that they speak for all Muslims. They no more speak for all Muslims than the KKK spoke for all Christians or all racists for that matter.

Last edited by long time guy on Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

Have a good night.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Nas wrote:
Have a good night.

This is going off the tracks. Let's meet somewhere, Nas. Bacardi is on me.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

Chus wrote:
Nas wrote:
Have a good night.

This is going off the tracks. Let's meet somewhere, Nas. Bacardi is on me.

Deal!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:51 pm 

long time guy wrote:
The Drone attacks that we so cavalierly choosing to dismiss is serving to birth am entire group of future terrorists. This group may not have had a reason to hate the U.S. before but they sure have a reason to hate them now. You will not be able to wipe out terrorists this way. Not every Muslim hates the U.S. but they will surely be taught to if the rhetoric continues to be anti Islamic. Speaking of the KKK they use to carry out many of their attacks in the name of Christianity. Suppose all Christians were lumped in with them how would they make you feel? ( considering of course that you are Christian.) The more you hear some talk about it the more you get the feeling that they are ready for some sort of religious war to break out. Islam is the second largest religion in the world. If all Muslims felt the way that the terrorists feel trust me you would know it. We have to separate the actions of terrorists from those of other Muslims. We have to stop perpetuating the myth that they speak for all Muslims. They no more speak for all Muslims than the KKK spoke for all Christians or all racists for that matter.

Well then the other fucking Muslims need to do more than complain about being lumped in with the others and do like Christians did here and turn people in and or go after the KKK. Instead the moan and bitch and stick their hands out for more help. Bullshit, one of the so called "Pillars" of Islam is charity. The fucking super rich shieks and princes should start making life livable for their subjects instead of spending $600,000 to speak for 15 minutes alone with Kristen Stewart at the fucking Oscars last year.

Once again,
All you people defending Islam go read the Holy books and then come back and tell me how you feel about it after. It is a death cult,perpetrated to control an uneducated mass to conquer the world.
Here as I think most of you are too lazy or think I make shit up is Churchill on Islam written over 100 years ago
Quote:
How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries!
Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia
in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many
countries, improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods
of commerce and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the
Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and
refinement, the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan
law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as
a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the
faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion
paralyzes the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde
force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant
and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising
fearless warriors at every step, and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the
strong arms of science, the science against which it (Islam) has vainly struggled,
the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome.”

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:02 pm 

long time guy wrote:
The Drone attacks that we are so cavalierly choosing to dismiss are serving to birth an entire group of future terrorists. This group may not have had a reason to hate the U.S. before but they sure have a reason to hate us now. You will not be able to wipe out terrorism this way. Not every Muslim hates the U.S. but they will surely be taught to if the rhetoric continues to be anti Islamic. Speaking of the KKK they use to carry out many of their attacks in the name of Christianity. Suppose all Christians were lumped in with them. How would that make you feel? ( considering of course that you are Christian.) The more you hear some talk about it the more you get the feeling that they are ready for some sort of religious war. Islam is the second largest religion in the world. If all Muslims felt the way that the terrorists feel trust me you would know. We have to separate the actions of terrorists from those of other Muslims. We have to stop perpetuating the myth that they speak for all Muslims. They no more speak for all Muslims than the KKK spoke for all Christians or all racists for that matter.

Groups like Al Qaeda have always hated us for our alliances with Israel, our acceptance of homosexuality, and our freedom of religion and speech. Drones were not around in 1994 for the first WTC bombing; since people in those areas do not have access to media that shows the atrocities committed by terrorist groups, of course they will blame us. Terrorist groups are very adept at using PR to their advantage by portraying us as the aggressors. Maybe they should realize that allowing terrorists to roam free is putting them in danger; neighborhoods in this country have driven out gangs because of the level of violence it has brought to their area.

I don't lump all Muslims in with the terrorists; I've met people from different faiths and even lived in England for 2 years and met many Muslims who did reject the distorted views of Al Qaeda and people of a similar mindset. In order to destroy radical Islamists, we need Muslims' help in identifying and punishing those who give Islam a bad name. To put it in perspective, I guarantee you that not every family of the victims of 9/11 or other terrorist attacks group every single Muslim into one group.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:04 pm 

I'm done for the night on this topic. Good discussion by everyone.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:12 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Groups like Al Qaeda have always hated us for our alliances with Israel, our acceptance of homosexuality, and our freedom of religion and speech. Drones were not around in 1994 for the first WTC bombing; since people in those areas do not have access to media that shows the atrocities committed by terrorist groups, of course they will blame us. Terrorist groups are very adept at using PR to their advantage by portraying us as the aggressors. Maybe they should realize that allowing terrorists to roam free is putting them in danger; neighborhoods in this country have driven out gangs because of the level of violence it has brought to their area.

I don't lump all Muslims in with the terrorists; I've met people from different faiths and even lived in England for 2 years and met many Muslims who did reject the distorted views of Al Qaeda and people of a similar mindset. In order to destroy radical Islamists, we need Muslims' help in identifying and punishing those who give Islam a bad name. To put it in perspective, I guarantee you that not every family of the victims of 9/11 or other terrorist attacks group every single Muslim into one group.

I won't refute since everyone is checking out for the night. If you pick this up later I will be happy to address this point.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
I suggest everyone watch Real Time with Bill Maher tonight, or on demand.
It's a good one, and I don't really even like Bill Maher.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
shirtless driver wrote:
I suggest everyone watch Real Time with Bill Maher tonight, or on demand.
It's a good one, and I don't really even like Bill Maher.

Recording now. I will watch when the kids go to bed.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

You gotta love the female terrorist.

We're all gonna die today, right? Become martyrs, right?

All Four: Yeah!!!! 1...2...3...Break!!!!!

Male Terrorists: Where the hell is she?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:14 am 

Nas wrote:
You're not going to kill billions of people and that still wouldn't kill an idea. Americans are joining them in the fight against the West. People from all over the world have been sold on the same idea.

the idea is to have a revolution. nothing wrong with that. their morals are whats fucked up. they can say whatever they want, the reality is they steal 10 year old girls and rape them until their bodies are too messed up to be enjoyable anymore. there is no sympathy from this side of the world nor should there be. and the only reason they are having success is because we are doing everything possible to let the muslim community show their true colors on their own. what we didnt expect was true muslim colors to be in isis corner. now we are against an idea that just isnt right to any blue american. and there are always defectors in every war. the few american idiots who joined isis are vastly outnumbered by those who commit other violent crimes right here inside this country.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:29 am 

I checked my scorecard this morning:

Muslims: Advocating for genocide
Chas: Advocating for genocide

Who's the bad guy here?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:42 am 

Douchebag wrote:
I checked my scorecard this morning:

Muslims: Advocating for genocide
Chas: Advocating for genocide

Who's the bad guy here?

Not advocating just saying we are in a struggle for the ultimate future of the world.
I was looking for quotes from people smarter than me on Islam came on a few doozies
here is one:
Code:
This is a vile culture and if you think for a second that it's willing to just live in the sands of God's armpit, you've got another thing coming... They want to come and live right where you live and they think that you're evil. Extremism believes that it’s okay to strap bombs onto your children and send them to paradise and whatever else and to behead people... Your dog, however, can walk side by side, your dog is allowed to have its own dog house... You can send your dog to school to learn tricks, sit, beg, do all that stuff - none of the women have that advantage

You know who said that? Gene Simmons, now when he has a firm grasp of the sitution you know something is wrong.

Quote:
Let’s say we have to make some ‘show of force.’ The most common scenarios involve small guerilla or terrorist groups. Nuclear retaliation? It has been suggested by others that Aerosol Pork Grenades would be a better deterrent — Islamic martyrs are denied entrance to heaven if they show up at the gate smelling like a pig. Denial of The Big Payoff removes a certain cachet from acts of voluntary self-destruction.
.........Frank Zappa

Quote:
he [Muhammad] declared undistinguishing and exterminating war, as a part of his religion, against all the rest of mankind…The precept of the Koran is, perpetual war against all who deny, that Mahomet is the prophet of God
...John Quincy Adams

Quote:
All this talk of people who burn the Koran and nothing about the people who reacted in such a stupid way. We are always blaming the victim and not holding them -- not most Muslims, but at least a large part of Muslim culture that doesn't condemn their people... There is one religion in the world that kills you when you disagree with them and they say 'look, we are a religion of peace and if you disagree we'll f**king cut your head off, and nobody calls them on it -- there are very few people that will call them on it. It's like if Dad is a violent drunk and beats his kids, you don't blame the kid because he set Dad off. You blame Dad because he's a violent drunk.[30]
When South Park got threatened last week by Islamists ... it served or should serve, as a reminder to all of us that our culture isn't just different than one that makes death threats to cartoonists, it's better. Because when I make a joke about the Pope, he doesn't send one of the Swiss Guards in their striped pantaloons to stick a pike in my ass. When I make a Jewish joke, Rabbis may kvetch about it, but they don't pull out a scimitar and threaten an adult circumcision. ... it should in fairness be noted, that in speaking of Muslims, we realize that of course the vast majority are law abiding, loving people, who just want to be left alone to subjugate their women in peace. ... but the western world needs to make it clear, some things about our culture are not negotiable, and can't change, and one of them is freedom of speech. Separation of church and state is another, not negotiable. Women are allowed to work here and you can't beat them, not negotiable. This is how we roll. And this is why our system is better
...Double shot by Bill Mahr

So DB what should we do? Our enemies will only rest when we are either enslaved or destroyed? When the Nazis where chanting this shit we beat them down. When Japan wanted to create the CoAsia Prosperity Sphere we dropped atomic bombs on them. They used to do some of the same shit these guys where doing as well like beheading killing entire villages and such. So come on mr smart guy what do we do.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:01 pm 

Actually the Nazis were not beaten down when they were chanting this shit or even for chanting this shit. The Holocaust was going on for yrs before America got involved and America didn't get involved because of the Holocaust or Hitler s propaganda regarding world domination. That's false.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

I love chas view on history. What would a chad history book look like?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:26 pm 

It would have a white cover.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:52 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Actually the Nazis were not beaten down when they were chanting this shit or even for chanting this shit. The Holocaust was going on for yrs before America got involved and America didn't get involved because of the Holocaust or Hitler s propaganda regarding world domination. That's false.

If you read history of the people at the top of American politics they where trying to get us involved with the war against Hitler from the get go. It was the traditional American reluctance to be involved in a war not of their making that kept the USA out of it.

Um go watch Why we Fight by Frank Capra. Once again you all attack the messenger but can not refute the message because of its truth.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:55 pm 

There were a few people that wanted to engage the Nazis but they were overruled by the isolationist s obviously. The fact still remains that the U.S. did not become involved in WWII because of Hitlers views regarding world domination or genocide. In fact the Bulk of fighting the Nazis was left to the Russians. If there was anyone that stood tall against Hitler it was them. The bulk of U.S. fighting was done fighting the Japanese

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:24 pm 

long time guy wrote:
There were a few people that wanted to engage the Nazis but they were overruled by the isolationist s obviously. The fact still remains that the U.S. did not become involved in WWII because of Hitlers views regarding world domination or genocide. In fact the Bulk of fighting the Nazis was left to the Russians. If there was anyone that stood tall against Hitler it was them. The bulk of U.S. fighting was done fighting the Japanese

Really? So 15% is greater part of the whole because according the our agreement with Britain and the rest of the United Nations that was the percentage of our war effort that went toward the Pacific theater. At first the majority of American Divisional strength went to the Pacific it was needed to stabilize the situation. America had to continually reaffirm that German was still the main priority, notice one major operation in 1942 in Pacific with 2 Divisions(1st Marine and AMerical) compare that to Torch 5 division(2 Armored and 3 infantry). The reason it seems that there was soo much American forces is because until the last year of the war they where basically the only ones there(Aussies excepted).
Dude, your lack of knowledge of world history is amazing, I swear I think McNown is typing the keys on your computer.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:35 pm 

The largest infantry was used fighting the Russians. It is well known and non debatable. I'm sure you however will debate it anyway Germany ' s ill fated March on Moscow is wisely regarded as the turning point in the war. I actually have a Masters degree in History thus I'm confident in my knowledge on the subject

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:41 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Well hold on, I'm sure chas has a master's degree in something too...

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:42 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Really? So 15% is greater part of the whole because according the our agreement with Britain and the rest of the United Nations that was the percentage of our war effort that went toward the Pacific theater. At first the majority of American Divisional strength went to the Pacific it was needed to stabilize the situation. America had to continually reaffirm that German was still the main priority, notice one major operation in 1942 in Pacific with 2 Divisions(1st Marine and AMerical) compare that to Torch 5 division(2 Armored and 3 infantry). The reason it seems that there was soo much American forces is because until the last year of the war they where basically the only ones there(Aussies excepted).
Dude, your lack of knowledge of world history is amazing, I swear I think McNown is typing the keys on your computer.

The US of all the major countries suffered the fewest number of casualties. The other 85% of US effort was spent fighting the Germans according to your sources. Even if that is true it still does not mean that the United States was the country that stood tall versus the Nazis. If Russia didn't push the Nazis back the outcome of the war may have been different. You have provided a number of false statements here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next