It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bears beat reporters
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
They don't know a damn thing about Pace ....the are getting 2nd hand info. Don't know his responsibilities..drafting ability ...and on and on! Do your fucking jobs!

I'm out.

Post subject: Re: Bears beat reporters
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
they're getting scooped by B&B! If that doesn't make them feel like shit I don't know what would.

Peggy Kuzcinski had the biggest news of the day from a Chicago reporter - Bowles was kept waiting!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Would like to have one reporter ask him 'if it's your call on the head coach and you report to Ted, is the salary Ted's issue, you just tell him who you want? and the same thing with free agents?"

Drafting players, paying them slotted money, signing undrafted kids, cheap free agents....I am sure thats all Pace, but when the money needs to be involved, Teddy will be right there.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:26 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Would like to have one reporter ask him 'if it's your call on the head coach and you report to Ted, is the salary Ted's issue, you just tell him who you want? and the same thing with free agents?"

Drafting players, paying them slotted money, signing undrafted kids, cheap free agents....I am sure thats all Pace, but when the money needs to be involved, Teddy will be right there.

But why wouldn't he be, I am sure Mark Murphy is there when Ted Thompson makes financial decisions, I would expect it is this way at most teams.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
bigfan wrote:

"the people he might want to keep, new people he might want to bring in,” Phillips said. “His whole plan, it’s his call.”

Then what or whom is he reporting to you about? If Pace has full control, you should not be part of the equation.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:36 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
bigfan wrote:

But why wouldn't he be, I am sure Mark Murphy is there when Ted Thompson makes financial decisions, I would expect it is this way at most teams.

Ted Thompson is the GM, R. Pace is the GM.

But the Bears GM cant cut big deals without the Team owner Rep?

Its not even an issue of Ted getting in the way, as I dont think he will. Spending NFL money is not a big deal. if the cap is $142M next year and the floor is $127.8 (90%), there I just gave Pace his budget! It's just the deal getting done of 'Ok, hold on, let me go ask Ted"

And lets add the George McCaskey removal from the process? I would like to hear Ryan reports to George! Hows that? Georges money, let him decide...and alleviate the middle man of Ted.

Be nice to see a team owner whose only business is football, learn a little about football by participating in the family business he admittely knows little about after working there for 35 years!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:41 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
bigfan wrote:

"the people he might want to keep, new people he might want to bring in,” Phillips said. “His whole plan, it’s his call.”

Then what or whom is he reporting to you about? If Pace has full control, you should not be part of the equation.

I have heard they lack stats, database guys, etc. and when I heard pace say 'they have someone that used to work at STATS here and I cant wait to meet him" ughhhh

You should have a room of guys who used to work at stats! Football Stat Nerds, there are tons and tons of these guys! Hire Durkin and NO, I am not kidding.

the cost of 10 desks, computers salaries, etc is nothing.

I can not imagine a room of football stat guys going to Phil Emery and ever saying..."Yeah J Allen for $15 mill locked in for 2 years is a good deal"....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:48 pm 

I've said the same thing on Durkin. That guy is wasting his talents as a "Bears insider".

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:53 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Hawg Ass wrote:
bigfan wrote:

The Seahawks are the only team I'm aware of that doesn't follow a similar process to the one you describe Hawger.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:57 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
bigfan wrote:

"Murphy, who holds a law degree and an MBA in finance, brought a unique and highly qualified background to his role as head of one of the NFL’s flagship franchises, first drawing from a deep understanding and appreciation of the game that comes from an eight-year playing career with the Washington Redskins. Later, he served a combined 16 years as director of athletics at Colgate University and Northwestern University, and was an assistant executive director of the NFL Players Association and a trial attorney with the U.S. Department of Justice.

In addition to his playing career and work with the NFL Players Association, Murphy had maintained his ties to the NFL through his work on the Commissioner’s Player Advisory Committee (1994-2002) as well as the NFL Youth Football Committee (2002-2011). Additionally, his NFL experience now includes Super Bowl wins as a player (XVII, 1982) and as a CEO (XLV, 2010), believed to be the first such achievement in NFL history."

Sounds a bit more qualified than Ted. I would have no problem with Ryan Pace reporting to Mark Murphy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:58 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
bigfan wrote:

"Murphy, who holds a law degree and an MBA in finance, brought a unique and highly qualified background to his role as head of one of the NFL’s flagship franchises, first drawing from a deep understanding and appreciation of the game that comes from an eight-year playing career with the Washington Redskins. Later, he served a combined 16 years as director of athletics at Colgate University and Northwestern University, and was an assistant executive director of the NFL Players Association and a trial attorney with the U.S. Department of Justice.

In addition to his playing career and work with the NFL Players Association, Murphy had maintained his ties to the NFL through his work on the Commissioner’s Player Advisory Committee (1994-2002) as well as the NFL Youth Football Committee (2002-2011). Additionally, his NFL experience now includes Super Bowl wins as a player (XVII, 1982) and as a CEO (XLV, 2010), believed to be the first such achievement in NFL history."

Sounds a bit more qualified than Ted. I would have no problem with Ryan Pace reporting to Mark Murphy.

I just used those 2 names, I still believe that is the way most teams are structured or should be.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:59 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
I've said the same thing on Durkin. That guy is wasting his talents as a "Bears insider".

You cant do much better than that 1 guy who used to work at STATS!

When the Grandkids go over to Ginnys house she tells them to go downstairs and play with the new video system she just got for them!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I used to work at STATS. Mebbe I should send Teddy my resume. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:00 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
bigfan wrote:

I just used those 2 names, I still believe that is the way most teams are structured or should be.

Ted Thompson is the GM, MArk is Player Per. ...they shoudl meet, Ted Thompson should approve or deny the deal. Who does Ted Thompson then need to see to get Deals done? anyone?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:06 pm 

Biggie, I am sorry but I can't follow what you are getting at with that post.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:09 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:

Ted T is the Packers GM and he does deals without asking anyone? Correct

Can Ryan do deals without asking ? Hmmmm? He is the GM and I would answer he can do some deals....just not all of them

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:11 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Ted T is the Packers GM and he does deals without asking anyone? Correct

Can Ryan do deals without asking ? Hmmmm? He is the GM and I would answer he can do some deals....just not all of them

No I don't think Ted does deals without asking anyone, there is not a endless source of cash up there. I am fairly certain that Mark is involved in the financial part of it and he has a board that he has to answer to. Just because there is not a owner per se, there is still a streamlined working situation. There has to be.