It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chris Ballard
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

This hot shot candidate that's too cool to take one of these GM jobs. I know we all got a kick out of what he did to Teddy. Still, this guy is kind of an idiot.

He turned down the Jets and I think a couple of other GM jobs.

Hey Chris, you have to answer to somebody if you're a GM. You're not gonna get ownership of the team. And you know what, other owners aren't gonna keep asking when you keep refusing. I'll bet word is getting around the NFL and they're thinking "Who the fuck does this guy think he is?"

I just think it's awful cocky for somebody that's never done it to make such demands. That's only done when you've done it and you've done it well.

Let's see if he can turn down all 32 NFL jobs in the coming years. :lol:

But he'll eventually take one and he'll probably suck. I'm actually hoping that's the case. He rubs me the wrong way.

Post subject: Re: Chris Ballard
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I will agree at some point he either makes himself an amazing get for someone or he becomes the guy nobody wants to talk to anymore.

However, the Bears/McCaskey/Phillips reputation in the league is by no means anything I would consider an issue. As PFT stated 'The Bears are seen in the same light at the Raiders at this point"

When people see you didnt get along with the McCaskeys, its not even an issue. They think they can easily get along with you.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:00 pm 

Was it PFT or the Tribune? The former shotguns a lots of information, some of it within the correct area code. The latter conducted a very unscientific and poorly interpreted poll.

Had the Bears hired Ballard, I (along with many others) would have had a problem with his past connection to the team. While the story being circulated is about wanting full control of the team, the list of people in similar capacities and successful operations is limited.

I wish Ballard well but when it comes right downto it, what's he really done and for whom has he done it? Maybe if he gets to a playoff game he'll be that much more desirable.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Have to remember in the NFL, you only get one shot at being a GM. It makes sense for hot candidates to only pursue jobs where they think they can can succeed in an environment they like.