It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 835 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:56 am 

Joel Brodsky file this one as well?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Bagels wrote:
what are they suing Stephen A for ? :lol:

Is a reason truly necessary?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:25 pm 

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Wow. Fuck them.

Who?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:27 pm 

Quote:
Darold Butler, a former coach for the team, claimed to have submitted a number of issues regarding the eligibility of his players for review, but believes his complaints were ignored or concealed as the team continued through the Little League World Series tournament.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Missed that gem the first time.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Wow. Fuck them.

Who?

I would presume he means folks who actively cheated and vehemently denied doing so and/or the ones who are trying to shotgun-sue as many people as they could think of.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:01 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Wow. Fuck them.

Who?

I would presume he means folks who actively cheated and vehemently denied doing so and/or the ones who are trying to shotgun-sue as many people as they could think of.

Well he could have meant a few different groups of people. The kids? The parents? ALL the parents?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:05 pm 

This is complete bullshit. Parts of that complaint are factually incorrect on their face, many other parts are outright falsehoods. I was mystified by some of the parents who filed this crap and their ridiculous claims about what they did not know or were not told. What's funnier is who they didn't file suit against, especially consider who many of them railed loudest against. However, the funniest/most pathetic thing is that some of the kids on that team were parading around in JRW stuff for the last couple of weeks in preparation for advertising campaigns and in parts in an upcoming movie (from a popular franchise).

And to think that LL International took some heretofore unaffiliated areas of the south side of Chicago and willingly granted a new charter to the family of one of those (really involved) parents. It will bite them in the ass the hardest, I hope.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Hey,
Peeps got to get paid.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Their whole argument is.......sure, the team cheated. But they knew before the Championship game VS Japan that we cheated and did not step in and disqualify the team before the Championship match. they let the farce go on, because it made for good theater and ratings they used to get a new TV deal with ESPN. they don't deny they cheated, they just want more money, as I guess all the donations made to the JRW team must have dried up by now.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:46 pm 

I understand the merits of the lawsuit and believe they could have success. But the amount of damages to be awarded could become JRW's ultimate undoing. Both parties benefitted from the breach of the agreement, so the question could be on what scale did they benefit and what (if any) harms were suffered? Beyond fighting to dismiss the suit, they next probable recourse would be a "so what, we all benefitted and we all suffered embarrassment. Except for Stephen A. Smith, he is oblivious to embarrassment.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:46 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:56 pm 

In the last week I've seen three of these kids on varsity teams. One's a sophomore and the other two are freshman. Unbelievable

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:58 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Who fucking cares?

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:07 pm 

Keyser Soze wrote:
In the last week I've seen three of these kids on varsity teams. One's a sophomore and the other two are freshman. Unbelievable

I hope one of the kids was Fuzz. He's going to be much better than his older brother who'll be at Iowa next year. Had no fear stepping in against our 2010 state runner-up team when he was 9.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
No one cares anymore about this. Cheaters. Over.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:24 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

I hope one of the kids was Fuzz. He's going to be much better than his older brother who'll be at Iowa next year. Had no fear stepping in against our 2010 state runner-up team when he was 9.

I'm not sure who he is but I think I know who his brother is. Maybe I've seen four. Ha

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:18 am 

Keyser Soze wrote:

OMG. Are you saying kids age?

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I believe he is saying freshman on a varsity high school team are exceedingly rare.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:59 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
I believe he is saying freshman on a varsity high school team are exceedingly rare.

They played for a world championship. My guess is that they are pretty good.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Caller Bob wrote:
Who fucking cares?

they have one of the top programs in the state, regardless of what the parents did. they've been feeding schools like Mount Carmel for a decade.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:27 pm 

formerlyknownas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Who fucking cares?

they have one of the top programs in the state, regardless of what the parents did. they've been feeding schools like Mount Carmel for a decade.

It is amazing with how competitive the CCL is in baseball that MC was the only one to really go after those kids.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:54 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
formerlyknownas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Who fucking cares?

It is amazing with how competitive the CCL is in baseball that MC was the only one to really go after those kids.

Aside from there and Marian Catholic, "those" kids weren't going to play at many of the other schools. About 6-7 years ago we'd routinely go places & their coaches would whine and ask why none of our kids would go to their schools.

One coach/dad loudly said: "why should we send our kids there, you won't play them" Take your pick which South Side Catholic school that was. It would fit for most back then

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:34 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I didn't know that this was still going on.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/bre ... story.html

The Jackie Robinson West Little League team once embodied a fairy tale for Chicago youth sports. In 2014, this group of kids from the South Side’s Morgan Park neighborhood won the Little League national championship.

Early the next year, though, Little League stripped the team of its title, revealing that it used ineligible players from outside its boundaries. Players and fans were devastated. The scandal touched off a rash of finger-pointing and lawsuits

Now, six years later, major legal disputes in the matter have been resolved, but the blame game continues.

Little League International announced that it reached a settlement with the players agreeing that their title will not be reinstated.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:42 am 

Last week, Little League dropped its lawsuit against the team’s coaches, Darold Butler and Jerry Houston. The coaches in turn claimed vindication for their assertions that they didn’t know about the ineligible players.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am sure they were stunned to find out Ed Howard lived in the south suburbs.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:44 am 

Congrats to the champs!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 835 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28