It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 835 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Nas wrote:
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
i really feel bad for those kids. This whole thing is just so icky a lot of people should feel ashamed of themselves.

Why? They got all the perks! Parade, a visit with Barry, Disneyland and all the $$$ from those shirts Dick's sold :roll: Poor babies :(

You're an idiot if you need help understanding why anyone would feel bad for the kids.

I'm a idiot

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
that Vegas team sure seemed loaded. Arent they actually all All star teams to some degree?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:14 am 

Nas wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
i really feel bad for those kids. This whole thing is just so icky a lot of people should feel ashamed of themselves.

Why? They got all the perks! Parade, a visit with Barry, Disneyland and all the $$$ from those shirts Dick's sold :roll: Poor babies :(

You're an idiot if you need help understanding why anyone would feel bad for the kids.

I'm a idiot

Sig material there.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:16 am 

bigfan wrote:
that Vegas team sure seemed loaded. Arent they actually all All star teams to some degree?

They didn't go outside of their district to get players like JRW

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Dick(s) money is the worst kind

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:18 am 

I shouldn't and I know I am a bad guy but Walt's avatar made me :lol: .

:oops:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:18 am 

bigfan wrote:

Every one of them are "all-star" teams.

But they are made up of all-stars from within one league that actually live within the boundaries. Presumably.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:20 am 

Nas wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

Where is your empathy for the kids they beat? No where you're a male Mary Mitchell!

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:21 am 

So basically the redistricting would have been legal if the other districts were fine with it, and the predominantly white leagues decided to fight it after JRW accomplished what they did but not before it?

How sad.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I feel bad for the kids but as noted above I feel worse for all the other kids. How many kids got their hearts broken in every preliminary game on the way to the final? Having one illegal team really altered the entire thing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
bigfan wrote:

1. You dont know that
2. They could easily expand those boundaries to include ALL of Clark county, thats what most of them do....and thats a huge area.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:23 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
So basically the redistricting would have been legal if the other districts were fine with it, and the predominantly white leagues decided to fight it after JRW accomplished what they did but not before it?

I cannot believe the other districts were not fine with JRW changing the boundaries to acquire players that did not belong there.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:24 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

How sad.

As I read it, JRW tried to change the districts AFTER they had won the title (knowing they were getting to a level where they would be looked at) and the other leagues said no.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:25 am 

spanky wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I cannot believe the other districts were not fine with JRW changing the boundaries to acquire players that did not belong there.
They didn't seem to put up much of a fight until JRW won it all and seemingly the jealousy got the best of them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:25 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nas wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

Where is your empathy for the kids they beat? No where you're a male Mary Mitchell!

Okay

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:27 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
spanky wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

They didn't seem to put up much of a fight until JRW won it all and seemingly the jealousy got the best of them.

I can't believe that would bother them

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:27 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

How sad.

As I read it, JRW tried to change the districts AFTER they had won the title (knowing they were getting to a level where they would be looked at) and the other leagues said no.
Maybe I don't understand, but the teams they were facing knew they had players from their districts but didn't care until after they won the title?

Seems like something that should have been dealt with during the season before the World Series even happened.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:28 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

How sad.

Maybe I don't understand, but the teams they were facing knew they had players from their districts but didn't care until after they won the title?

Seems like something that should have been dealt with during the season before the World Series even happened.

Honestly, I'm not sure what is true with this story

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:30 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Regardless of what's true, what is the benefit of the course of action being taken? Who does it serve?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:30 am 

bigfan wrote:
bigfan wrote:

1. You dont know that
2. They could easily expand those boundaries to include ALL of Clark county, thats what most of them do....and thats a huge area.

Yes I do
http://www.si.com/more-sports/2015/02/11/jackie-robinson-west-vacates-title-llws

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
rogers park bryan wrote:

Vegas lost to JRW. It was a great game. JRW is still in their heads 5 months later.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
So if the gerrymandered map is the crux of this situation, when are we going to get to see the real one and the doctored one for comparison?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Don Tiny wrote:
So if the gerrymandered map is the crux of this situation, when are we going to get to see the real one and the doctored one for comparison?

It's next to Obamas birth certificate

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

The district boundary maps are set well before the season starts, I have no clue when the complaints were filed, nor should it matter. Apparently they knowingly got players from outside of their boundaries.

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regardless of what's true, what is the benefit of the course of action being taken? Who does it serve?

Evidently the team from Vegas

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:33 am 

Don Tiny wrote:

Not sure it would matter.
If the out of district kid is across the street or across the state, what's the difference?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:33 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
To me, it seems like they didn't think it was that big of a deal until they started to see them get all this press(and money) and then the championships. Then, they went and found something to disqualify them.

My guess is that the team in Las Vegas has more regional friends than JRW did who wouldn't see the need to destroy the team out of spite.

I get the local guys in Chicago trying to disqualify JRW BEFORE they played them but this just seems like jealousy that they became a huge story.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:35 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
I have no clue when the complaints were filed, nor should it matter.
Of course it should matter. If they knew this and didn't care about it while they were still competing against them it says a lot about how serious the crime was.

Hawg Ass wrote:
Apparently they knowingly got players from outside of their boundaries.

This is all that matters here, IMO.
The adults knew what they were doing, while they were doing it - getting kids on that team that didn't belong there. What's to debate?
You can't do that. It doesn't matter who turned them in, it doesn't matter how long after the fact that decision is made - they chose to do it the wrong way. We all have our own experiences where something like this has happened. These people got caught.

Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Evidently the team from Vegas

How does it serve them? "Guess what, kids? You're better than you thought!"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 835 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next