It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
KDdidit wrote:
They should have just committed suicide before the game. Winning in high school sports is that important.

Winning is important to kids. Along the way we've convinced ourselves that participating is a victory. Participation trophies is a problem.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:06 pm 

Lots of people weighing in here who didn't play high school women's basketball. What would you guys know?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:
Nas wrote:
RPB I disagree with you. In the pros it's done to get a better draft pick or a more favorable playoff matchup. If the Bears went into the last week of the season needing to lose for the right to draft a player like Andrew Luck or Aaron Rodgers we would go crazy if they won the game. We just had this debate in the Bulls section about them trying to avoid the Cavs in the 2nd round.

I would feel the same way about the Bears. Play the backups, but dont intentionally lose.

No problem. I can't agree with you on this one.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Lots of people weighing in here who didn't play high school women's basketball. What would you guys know?

:lol:

How do you know I wasn't the south central IL version of Juwanna Mann?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Nas wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
They should have just committed suicide before the game. Winning in high school sports is that important.

Winning is important to kids. Along the way we've convinced ourselves that participating is a victory. Participation trophies is a problem.

Do you actually know if the kids wanted to lose or if their coach told them to? Since Rick mentioned it as someone who played 2 sports in high school, played 2 NCAA sports in college, currently still plays in volleyball, baseball, and softball leagues, is an IHSA ref/ump in softball, soccer, and basketball and coaches 7 Special Olympic sports, I don't feel the need to live vicariously through the victories of children.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:21 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
spanky wrote:
The ref should be fired
Not his job to tell coaches how to coach their teams

I would assume there is something in his job description about the integrity of the game etc.

Refs have to write reports after every game about the coaches, the play, etc.. He was in his rights to put that information in there. Also, I am sure he heard it talked about on the floor.

Yeah I wasn't being serious.

Maybe one coach could have force fed his team some gluten while sneaking some vaccinations on the other team.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
both coaches are losers. message is: you're not good enough to win the championship fair and square, but maybe you can beat a couple of scrub teams in the tournament which will make my resume look better.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:43 pm 

Nas wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

I'm not sure which parent I hate more. The one who claps,yells,coughs during free throws of a 5th grade basketball game or the ones who make there 6,7,8 year olds cut weight for wrestling. Actually the weight cutter is probably worse but both should be hit by a bus.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

KDdidit wrote:
Nas wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Do you actually know if the kids wanted to lose or if their coach told them to? Since Rick mentioned it as someone who played 2 sports in high school, played 2 NCAA sports in college, currently still plays in volleyball, baseball, and softball leagues, is an IHSA ref/ump in softball, soccer, and basketball and coaches 7 Special Olympic sports, I don't feel the need to live vicariously through the victories of children.

Shooting on the wrong basket is generally a good sign. The kids are smart enough to understand what winning and losing means. Just like adults are. I'm not sure what the rest of your post is supposed to mean.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
conns7901 wrote:
I'm not sure which parent I hate more. The one who claps,yells,coughs during free throws of a 5th grade basketball game or the ones who make there 6,7,8 year olds cut weight for wrestling. Actually the weight cutter is probably worse but both should be hit by a bus.

this really happens? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:52 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

this really happens? :lol:

Yes. Bantam State is a big deal.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:32 pm 

Watch the videos. If "winning" is worth playing like that, it's pathetic. I'd like to feel bad for the kids that they both got disqualified, but not after seeing it, they don't deserve to play on.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

KDdidit wrote:
Watch the videos. If "winning" is worth playing like that, it's pathetic. I'd like to feel bad for the kids that they both got disqualified, but not after seeing it, they don't deserve to play on.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Adults that think like you do when it comes to these issues drive me crazy. It's like you all live in some fantasy world where kids of all ages are stupid and helpless.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:41 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Nas wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Yeah, the heckling parent is bad but the cutting weight parent should be investigated by DCFS or something. That's insane.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Nas wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Yeah, the heckling parent is bad but the cutting weight parent should be investigated by DCFS or something. That's insane.

I didn't wrestle as a kid but I've seen it in football. There was a 125 lb weight limit and you would see kids running with trash bags in order to make weight. Didn't mean anything to me then but I couldn't imagine doing that to one of my kids.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:49 pm 

Nas wrote:

I didn't wrestle as a kid but I've seen it in football. There was a 125 lb weight limit and you would see kids running with trash bags in order to make weight. Didn't mean anything to me then but I couldn't imagine doing that to one of my kids.

My dad was against two sports. Football (concussion) or Wrestling (diet) and that was when I was 12, 13 years old.

I think its insane at those ages, 6,7,8 is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:
Nas wrote:

My dad was against two sports. Football (concussion) or Wrestling (diet) and that was when I was 12, 13 years old.

I think its insane at those ages, 6,7,8 is ridiculous.

My grandmother was against football. She thought I was too small (in high school) to play. I forged her name and by the time she found out that I was playing I had some success and she didn't put up a fight.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:55 pm 

Nas wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Adults that think like you do when it comes to these issues drive me crazy. It's like you all live in some fantasy world where kids of all ages are stupid and helpless.

Stupid and helpless? I watched the video and just stated it was on the kids for what they did.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Adults that think like you do when it comes to these issues drive me crazy. It's like you all live in some fantasy world where winning a game is the greatest achievement a kid can hope for and any means necessary to achieve it (or in this case not achieve it) is valid. The teams don't get a better draft pick next year, they don't get more international spending money, and they don't get a weaker strength of schedule. Instead of just losing (which they were going to do anyway eventually because they weren't even the best team in the sectional) and knowing they lost to a better team (and if they didn't know it then should have had no issue playing them in the sectional championship), they embarrassed their schools and themselves and are now on probation for the next year. Lesson learned.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

KDdidit wrote:
Nas wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Stupid and helpless? I watched the video and just stated it was on the kids for what they did.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Adults that think like you do when it comes to these issues drive me crazy. It's like you all live in some fantasy world where winning a game is the greatest achievement a kid can hope for and any means necessary to achieve it (or in this case not achieve it) is valid. The teams don't get a better draft pick next year, they don't get more international spending money, and they don't get a weaker strength of schedule. Instead of just losing (which they were going to do anyway eventually because they weren't even the best team in the sectional) and knowing they lost to a better team (and if they didn't know it then should have had no issue playing them in the sectional championship), they embarrassed their schools and themselves and are now on probation for the next year. Lesson learned.

Fair enough.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:10 pm 

i would've brought a sign that said "hands up don't shoot".

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
W_Z wrote:
i would've brought a sign that said "hands up don't shoot".

:lol: