It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Phil Ponce
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
CHUYS Blue Ribbon Comittee is TO BE NAMED LATER.

I think it might have helped Chuy if he came in with respected people that he wants to put in charge, because right now I feel it will be Karen Lewis, The Pres of SEIU and a few more Presidents of Unions.

and while this thread might not be about which will make a better Mayor, isnt that what it boils down to?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:06 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
bigfan wrote:

I think it might have helped Chuy if he came in with respected people that he wants to put in charge, because right now I feel it will be Karen Lewis, The Pres of SEIU and a few more Presidents of Unions.

and while this thread might not be about which will make a better Mayor, isnt that what it boils down to?

What it really boils down to is a substantial property tax increase. And both guys are trying to dance around it. But a property tax increase would be more honest than trying to get the money through fines under the guise of "protecting the children" or "promoting safety". And I think booting a man's automobile is absolutely reprehensible. It's the modern day equivalent of horse theft. And you know what they used to do to horse thieves.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
bigfan wrote:

What it really boils down to is a substantial property tax increase. And both guys are trying to dance around it. But a property tax increase would be more honest than trying to get the money through fines under the guise of "protecting the children" or "promoting safety". And I think booting a man's automobile is absolutely reprehensible. It's the modern day equivalent of horse theft. And you know what they used to do to horse thieves.

Did they put them on BLUE RIBBON PANELS?

Good Dolphin put it best, Gery Chico was an election too early....who, BTW is endorsing Rahm.

Come on JORR, you know Chuy shuld not be mayor. When you balance it all out, Chuy is not the better option and this "revolt" or "uprising" of the little guy is a disaster in waiting for the city. Not that some of the things that Chuy stands for shouldnt be enacted and once again, things he stands for, not HIS ideas as I see Chuy as a front man for a group of many, that IF 'They" win, the line with the hands open will extend around the block...while the line of income or donations coming in will be zero.

Chuy will then need to go to business leaders, DEVELOPERS, etc to get help and nobody will return his calls, thus he wont issue permits and welcome to a near shut down, but HEY, we got our revolution and UPRISING! Yay!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:52 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Chuy probably isn't fit to lead a major city, but where did we get this idea that Rahm is? because he power-walks and tells women to go fuck themselves?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:00 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Curious Hair wrote:
Chuy probably isn't fit to lead a major city, but where did we get this idea that Rahm is? because he power-walks and tells women to go fuck themselves?

The thought that the "educated" voter should be with Rahm is belied by the fact that the city's bond rating has dropped five times since he was elected.

The suburbs will be asked to foot the bill for the gutlessness of those in charge in Chicago over the past sixty years, and the really.smart.people. that blindly kept electing them.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:10 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Seacrest wrote:
The thought that the "educated" voter should be with Rahm is belied by the fact that the city's bond rating has dropped five times since he was elected.

Yeah, the undercurrent of this whole thing is "ooga-booga-booga, the entire local economy will collapse without our Wall Street whisperer in charge," but like you said, the bond rating.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:52 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
bigfan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Did they put them on BLUE RIBBON PANELS?

Good Dolphin put it best, Gery Chico was an election too early....who, BTW is endorsing Rahm.

Come on JORR, you know Chuy shuld not be mayor. When you balance it all out, Chuy is not the better option and this "revolt" or "uprising" of the little guy is a disaster in waiting for the city. Not that some of the things that Chuy stands for shouldnt be enacted and once again, things he stands for, not HIS ideas as I see Chuy as a front man for a group of many, that IF 'They" win, the line with the hands open will extend around the block...while the line of income or donations coming in will be zero.

Chuy will then need to go to business leaders, DEVELOPERS, etc to get help and nobody will return his calls, thus he wont issue permits and welcome to a near shut down, but HEY, we got our revolution and UPRISING! Yay!

I don't believe you really think the City would shut down under Chuy. What would actually happen is that it would be business as usual but we will have broken the cycle of electing an all-powerful mayor who is really more like a dictator or a king. But you know what? People like to be ruled with an iron fist. Go Daleys! Go Rahm!

And before you make fun of Chuy's "blue ribbon panels" maybe you should check out all the panels Rahm appointed to pointlessly study TIFS, etc.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I didn't even know Chuy had a son until the Ponce dustup. It kind of makes his preaching on crime sound empty. He can't clean up the shit in his own backyard but he wants to run the city? He's obviously a guy with some money. It would be interesting to hear how his kid joined a gang since he didn't come from the usual broken home.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:49 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Curious Hair wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Yeah, the undercurrent of this whole thing is "ooga-booga-booga, the entire local economy will collapse without our Wall Street whisperer in charge," but like you said, the bond rating.

I think that the undercurrent is far more obvious than that.

It's just more subtle than "Before it's too late!"