It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: menards
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:40 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
15 min waiting in the checkout line.

some dumb bitch in front of me was complaining she couldnt get the 11% sale on her $60 weed whacker with the 11% store wide rebate on top

i already pulled everything out of my basket and onto the conveyor belt because im trying to get through as fast as possible

overhead light flicks on, and no manager shows up for 15 min.

if menards wasnt the only place around... i swear to god... this would never happen at madison's home depot. every time i go to menards i just get a shitty feeling in my stomach because i know its such a shitty company. fuck menards

I will not go to Home Depot by me, but Menards is awesome. The nicest people always willing to help out. I have been there 5 times since last Thursday.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:46 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Darkside wrote:
I love Menard. Home Depot sucks.

Same here. Long time MENARDS guy.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Hawg Ass wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

some dumb bitch in front of me was complaining she couldnt get the 11% sale on her $60 weed whacker with the 11% store wide rebate on top

i already pulled everything out of my basket and onto the conveyor belt because im trying to get through as fast as possible

if menards wasnt the only place around... i swear to god... this would never happen at madison's home depot. every time i go to menards i just get a shitty feeling in my stomach because i know its such a shitty company. fuck menards

I will not go to Home Depot by me, but Menards is awesome. The nicest people always willing to help out. I have been there 5 times since last Thursday.

5 times? Sounds like a fuck up.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Darkside wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

Measure twice, cut once.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 1:45 pm 

Chus wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

Measure twice, cut once.

None of that, just buying flowers, mulch, building a flower bed, replacing a blind, etc... working on projects.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
He doesn't redirect you to someone else if you need something outside of electrical...he takes you there.

I try to use Menards exclusively although I bought my mulch from Lowes this year since I don't think Menards carries the brand and style that I wanted.
Them taking you to the product must be in their training and it is really nice that they do it. They don't just point down a 300 ft corridor and tell you
to look on the left somewhere, they take you right to what you need or find someone in that dept who will hook you up. If I have a little more technical
project I may go to my local Ace hardware where the people all know what they are talking about but pricing is a bit higher. Luckily I don't have very
many of those type of projects.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
as one who is on his 3rd fixer up home in 12 years, I pretty much live and die by the home improvement stores.

1st off, john menard is an ahole that’s for sure but by golly as far as service, our local menards just absolutely obliterates lowes and home depot. at our local stores people at either have NO IDEA where anything is at. its absurd and infuriating. Menards? the lowly kid stocking a shelf will walk you to the exact spot an item is. every time.

the 11% off sale is now more frequent than ever before. its pretty easy to get sent in. it’s a ploy of course, but also take note of receipts blowing around in the parking lot. I found a $400.00 one a year ago.

pricing always seems to be about the same.

The thing that sets Menards apart from Lowes or Home Depot for me is the snack foods. My project budgets always have 10% added on in junk food costs. lowes and HD have a few candy bars or what not, but I can get whatever I want at Menards.