It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WSCR
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
BREAKING NEWS?

BREAKING: 7 families of former Illinois wbb players upset w/ lack of urgency, care in internal investigation

I know every media outlet feels they must make the BIG Splash...but is this really BREAKING NEWS????????

Not ignoring it, not say it shouldnt be dealt with...and actually the NCAA should have some type of team that rushes into these schools and situations to investigate and pass rulings regarding the students, so they can leave immediately without damaging their BBall or academic careers...but ITS NOT BREAKING NEWS THAT THE FAMILIES ARE UPSET!!!!!

So whichever recent Columbia or ICB grad is controlling the twitter button....I wish the station would do a reset.

Post subject: Re: WSCR
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Breaking news is whatever Bernstein tells them it is.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:49 pm 

spmack wrote:

I kind of figured that is the issue, as I am sure he is all over this issue.....it might be wrong, but it is something I could care very little about.

The allegations are terrible, but to some degree wasnt this all investigated by a law firm? Now you can find which Law firm and see how they are connecte to the University and see if they have any conflicting interests? and if they do....I still dont care....take care of it....

There is a feel on this one of MAKING NEWS...rather than BREAKING NEWS.

TALK CUBS!

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
On AM1000,they are talking LeBron and NBA. Is that any better after the Bulls just got eliminated?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
If a radio station does some thing douchey, but no one is listening, can they really be the DBOTW?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:13 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
spmack wrote:

NO

It's front page on the Tribune Camps.

I knew the new "YOU" was too good to be true.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Does this make UIUC relevant to anyone other than our good Dr Ken?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Seacrest wrote:
spmack wrote:

NO

And I knew "RPB" couldn't stay away too long.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:21 pm 
Site Admin

spmack wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
spmack wrote:

NO

And I knew "RPB" couldn't stay away too long.

OUCH

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:37 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
spmack wrote:

NO

Then at 4 PM it is not BREAKING NEWS

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:04 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
C'mon Biggie. You know the only reason there are twitter posts, show facebook pages and senor columns is to draw listeners and clicks.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:07 pm 
Site Admin

bigfan wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
spmack wrote:

NO

Then at 4 PM it is not BREAKING NEWS

it was on Trib site at 3:17PM.

BREAKING NEWS for sure at 3:30PM

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:13 pm 

But we already had 3 letters earlier in the week?

now that we are up to 7 letters from Parents, its BREAKING NEWS?

IN Other news, Jimmy Feldman in unhappy his 8 year old is not playing more in the House Little League team at Welles Park....He has written a letter...

Sources say, higher ups are VERY concerned about this...changes will be made in the coaching department of Chicos Bail bonds...

Yeah, it sounds like the WBB coach at U of I is a Douche and a prick, but he didnt hit anyone, kill anyone one, rape anyone etc....and this story has been out all week?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 6:14 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Usually I love it when Dan goes hard against incompetent and/or evil college sports programs, but I'm really not feelin' this one.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 6:47 pm 

There was a thread started two days ago, so how can this be "breaking" news?

I'm interested in the story but unless someone is getting fired there is little new to the news.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 6:51 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Usually I love it when Dan goes hard against incompetent and/or evil college sports programs, but I'm really not feelin' this one.

I havent had the pleasure of his agressive tones today. I am sure he has his serious voice out, because nothing worse when this type of injustice happens.

Didnt M&H have the AD on Tuesday morning talking about it? Yeah, he showed what a doofus he is, but once again, I am missing the BREAKING NEWS part?

I am in no way a fan of the U of I. They are the School that wants everyone to think they are a major powerhouse because....they think they are. They are in the bottom half of the big 22, like it or not....and falling on many levels.

This is just my guess on this issue....its a combination of the coach being a dick and some insecure females.

I did see the example of one girl who had high grades in HS and when her parents came to get her she had acne and was 15 pounds overweight...I believe this was the example given by one parent? And Maybe the coach didnt help her complex issues...but they didnt make up the term "Freshman 15" out of nowhere! What do you think happens when kids who had dinner prepared for them all their lives now have pizza 3-4 times a week and hang out in dorm rooms drinking and smoking???

Once again, its just a guess....and the issue needs to be looked into.....just dont see this as the crisis some are trying to make it, as if the entire program is running under some mandate of working kids to death.

Maybe the coaches feel the pressure of losing a job...and feel they might as well go for it....as if the teams do poorly, they are gone anyways?

I know this. Nobody is holding up a sign at a game with the team GPA in relation to other Big 10 teams or the graduation rate, or of the coach was nice....Winning , its what matters.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 8:04 pm 

I think the difference between this and the Penn State coverage is that he hasn't really gone deep into what the school did. With Penn State, he spent a lot of time breaking down what went on -- some would say too much. With this Illinois scandal, he's just assuming that everyone knows what went down and everyone is outraged. In short, he's just been shouting "PEOPLE NEED TO BE FIRED" over and over and expecting it to have some sort of resonance with listeners.

To wit, I just googled "illinois basketball scandal" and the top results are all about Bruce Pearl.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
bigfan wrote:
I did see the example of one girl who had high grades in HS and when her parents came to get her she had acne and was 15 pounds overweight...I believe this was the example given by one parent? And Maybe the coach didnt help her complex issues...but they didnt make up the term "Freshman 15" out of nowhere! What do you think happens when kids who had dinner prepared for them all their lives now have pizza 3-4 times a week and hang out in dorm rooms drinking and smoking???

Once again, its just a guess....and the issue needs to be looked into.....just dont see this as the crisis some are trying to make it, as if the entire program is running under some mandate of working kids to death.

College is when I figured out that I love cooking.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Spaulding wrote:
bigfan wrote:

College is when I figured out that I love cooking.

When did you figure out you did not like cleaning up all that stuff?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:16 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
I think the difference between this and the Penn State coverage is that he hasn't really gone deep into what the school did. With Penn State, he spent a lot of time breaking down what went on -- some would say too much. With this Illinois scandal, he's just assuming that everyone knows what went down and everyone is outraged. In short, he's just been shouting "PEOPLE NEED TO BE FIRED" over and over and expecting it to have some sort of resonance with listeners.

To wit, I just googled "illinois basketball scandal" and the top results are all about Bruce Pearl.

The penn St issues, I still dont think was fully exposed. It just went on too long, with too many people knowing. That could be a mutli year investigation, but the NCAA chose to sweep that one under the rug with the bullshit "penalty". The criminal activity among, is disgusting.

Not even in the same realm.

The problem for U of I, is to argue with a guy like bernstein, they get nowhere, while he spends 4 hrs a day on the radio pounding it into idiots heads.

Its too bad, this is what the Score has become. used to be COOL people, now its this shit driving the ship. Would love to see Grindy mcBaldy out evening.

This is where Spiegel gets more credit than people give him. He does what he can, but Bernstein is such a little fuck, nothing can be done about it...Then Spiegs ends up in the deep end with him on the Boob issue.

The last island of Truth is RIGHT HERE!!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:24 pm 

Did you find it strange that when Mike Thomas went on Mully and Hanley and made an ass of himself, Dan didn't say anything about Mully and Hanley asking the questions that led Thomas to sound like an idiot? It was just HE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED ON THE RADIO THIS IS BAD CRISIS MANAGEMENT over and over. Should he have been on the radio? Probably not, but it was pretty cool that your station got him on and gave him enough rope to hang himself.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:54 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Did you find it strange that when Mike Thomas went on Mully and Hanley and made an ass of himself, Dan didn't say anything about Mully and Hanley asking the questions that led Thomas to sound like an idiot? It was just HE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED ON THE RADIO THIS IS BAD CRISIS MANAGEMENT over and over. Should he have been on the radio? Probably not, but it was pretty cool that your station got him on and gave him enough rope to hang himself.

No love between Bernstein and M&H.

When Dan was making up his crap about firing Trestman ....as if it was a done deal, they wouldnt report it. They wouldnt even allow it reported on their show.

They said if Bernstein wants to report it , he can show up and announce it. He did.

He is really disliked there....and he knows it.

Thus you get nothing cool coming out of the station....like Macs golf outing. or any event. Cant when the guy they use as the face of the station is a prick...

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 12:37 am 

I always get pissed too when a station I don't listen to is advertising non breaking news as breaking news.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:13 am 

Douchebag wrote:
I always get pissed too when a station I don't listen to is advertising non breaking news as breaking news.

You should listen to a different station then

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:46 am 

bigfan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

When Dan was making up his crap about firing Trestman ....as if it was a done deal, they wouldnt report it. They wouldnt even allow it reported on their show.

They said if Bernstein wants to report it , he can show up and announce it. He did.

Thus you get nothing cool coming out of the station....like Macs golf outing. or any event. Cant when the guy they use as the face of the station is a prick...

no one who hasn't worked on the show attends Dan's events. I think the young guys at the station used to hang out with each other. Back in the golden age of the station, the main people hung out with each other. North would host get togethers. You think Dan is hosting anyone at his subdivision in the city?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:56 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Back in the golden age of the station, the main people hung out with each other. North would host get togethers. You think Dan is hosting anyone at his subdivision in the city?

Dan tried having Scrabble Night with Jason, Drinky, and Ten Foot Midget, but Jason no-showed because brothers don't play Scrabble, Drinky left when AAAAAAAAH wasn't a legal word, and Baffoe left because he didn't feel appreciated enough.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Curious Hair wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Back in the golden age of the station, the main people hung out with each other. North would host get togethers. You think Dan is hosting anyone at his subdivision in the city?

Dan tried having Scrabble Night with Jason, Drinky, and Ten Foot Midget, but Jason no-showed because brothers don't play Scrabble, Drinky left when AAAAAAAAH wasn't a legal word, and Baffoe left because he didn't feel appreciated enough.

Baffoe wasn't as much invited as he was there delivering the pizza.

*new LoHo section * mods learn how to merge topics * allow mods to be added to foes list * move fragility topics from DB/Shoutouts to Politics *

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 10:27 am 

good dolphin wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

no one who hasn't worked on the show attends Dan's events. I think the young guys at the station used to hang out with each other. Back in the golden age of the station, the main people hung out with each other. North would host get togethers. You think Dan is hosting anyone at his subdivision in the city?

Bernstein is more disliked around that station than you would think.

I have no idea about how Mitch feels about him, but I would guess if the truth ever came out, there would be zero love for him.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Goff just brought up the Kerry Wood cub employment statement.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 10:31 am 

bigfan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Bernstein is more disliked around that station than you would think.

I have no idea about how Mitch feels about him, but I would guess if the truth ever came out, there would be zero love for him.

I believe you, arrogant piece of shit know it alls are really easy to dislike.