It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: steve stone!
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 2:24 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
on b&b right now talking about the inevitability of the cubs/mets trade that the mayans predicted was coming, stoney said of the mets "they're not going to trade you degrom, they're not going to trade you syndergaard, and harvey is totally off of the table"

FUCK YOU ASSHOLE! WHY DO YOU HATE THE CUBS?!?!?!

seriously stoney, do you know that >we are prepared to trade not just starlin castro but ACTUAL LIVING BREATHING PROSPECTS FROM THE BEST FARM SYSTEM IN BASEBALL* that when put together will be a package where it'd be like "ok so that's stanton and who else?"

get your head out of your ass, get with the program, and get with the future of baseball: the cubs are going to land whoever the hell they want because seriously have you seen the mets offense? starlin castro will be a beast over there compared to wilma flores. and then like i said >we have the best farm system in baseball so you know we're going to dazzle them with prospects that baseball america ranks highly. and since the mets have so much pitching and need so much hitting you know "It's Gonna Happen!(TM)"

so stoney, plz do us a favor and shut the fuck up. >we know that now it's gotta kill you to be marooned with the hawkeroo on the shitty side of town where your posterchildren are THE GRINDER and AMERICA: THE POSTER. seriously, did you know AMERICA: THE POSTER drives a #Miata? that's the kind of loser you're trying to pander to, and newsflash buddy..... >we don't miss you over here in cubdom. >we've got the best in the biz on the mike, and once >we get syndergaard and david price >we're going to be rolling. and >we're only 6 years or so from stanton opting out and joining >us because like lebron before him he wants to go and win trophies.

AND YOU'RE NOT GONNA BE A PART OF IT!!!!! HAHAHAHAHHAHA LOSER! GO DO ANOTHER PLAYGIRL SPREAD!

* = btw, when i say prospects i mean that obviously rizzo bryant schwarber russell soler almora and prolly CJ edwards are off the table. but that still leaves baez and alcantara, which means >we should be able to get at least steven matz with syndergaard, and hey, if >we toss in cj edwards they'll prolly toss in degrom too. #ItsGonnaHappen aka #WhyNotUs aka #WeAreGood aka one of IMU's favorite bands favorited one of his tweets.... don't you see that's an early seal of the cubpacalypse getting broken? again: #ItsGonnaHappen!

Post subject: Re: steve stone!
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Hey Hawger,

You wanted a Jaded ex....STEVE STONE...

I kind of get it. Here he is, Ex cub, put in 30 years of work for them.....and he did help build the popularity.."For all you youngsters out there"... 30 years of the Tribune company cashing checks, while hoping to catch lightening in a glove...Stone helped create the popularity of the Cubs.

Now he has to sit with a guy who doesnt like him and he is watching an organization that he envies.

he is the French's mustard in the new Heinz Mustard commercial...

but, hey, I dont blame him...

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 4:54 pm 

Schwarber and Vogelbach will have to be American leaguers. Find a team that needs two DHs and that is your trading partner

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
sinicalypse wrote:
on b&b right now talking about the inevitability of the cubs/mets trade that the mayans predicted was coming, stoney said of the mets "they're not going to trade you degrom, they're not going to trade you syndergaard, and harvey is totally off of the table"

seriously stoney, do you know that >we are prepared to trade not just starlin castro but ACTUAL LIVING BREATHING PROSPECTS FROM THE BEST FARM SYSTEM IN BASEBALL* that when put together will be a package where it'd be like "ok so that's stanton and who else?"

get your head out of your ass, get with the program, and get with the future of baseball: the cubs are going to land whoever the hell they want because seriously have you seen the mets offense? starlin castro will be a beast over there compared to wilma flores. and then like i said >we have the best farm system in baseball so you know we're going to dazzle them with prospects that baseball america ranks highly. and since the mets have so much pitching and need so much hitting you know "It's Gonna Happen!(TM)"

so stoney, plz do us a favor and shut the fuck up. >we know that now it's gotta kill you to be marooned with the hawkeroo on the shitty side of town where your posterchildren are THE GRINDER and AMERICA: THE POSTER. seriously, did you know AMERICA: THE POSTER drives a #Miata? that's the kind of loser you're trying to pander to, and newsflash buddy..... >we don't miss you over here in cubdom. >we've got the best in the biz on the mike, and once >we get syndergaard and david price >we're going to be rolling. and >we're only 6 years or so from stanton opting out and joining >us because like lebron before him he wants to go and win trophies.

AND YOU'RE NOT GONNA BE A PART OF IT!!!!! HAHAHAHAHHAHA LOSER! GO DO ANOTHER PLAYGIRL SPREAD!

* = btw, when i say prospects i mean that obviously rizzo bryant schwarber russell soler almora and prolly CJ edwards are off the table. but that still leaves baez and alcantara, which means >we should be able to get at least steven matz with syndergaard, and hey, if >we toss in cj edwards they'll prolly toss in degrom too. #ItsGonnaHappen aka #WhyNotUs aka #WeAreGood aka one of IMU's favorite bands favorited one of his tweets.... don't you see that's an early seal of the cubpacalypse getting broken? again: #ItsGonnaHappen!

Dude, chill.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:37 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:

Dude, chill.

He is spot on. Steve Stone has done nothing but bash the Cubs since he left and now since he can't bash the players anymore, he has to bash...... Potential trade partners... :lol: FUCKING ASSHOLE! He should be hosting mid days at the score.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:43 pm 

Juiced wrote:
He is spot on. Steve Stone has done nothing but bash the Cubs since he left and now since he can't bash the players anymore, he has to bash...... Potential trade partners... :lol: FUCKING ASSHOLE! He should be hosting mid days at the score.

yeah dude, the stone stuff is legit albeit i'm coming from a place where i am indeed taking the piss about this assumption that the cubs can easily grab degrom or especially syndergaard (who i figure has gotta be the #1 pitching prospect in all of baseball right now) for an unwanted/underachieving starlin castro + "prospects" who don't constitute the core of the current cublings.

i have a buddy who's a mets fan who says that if the cubs ask for syndergaard the mets are gonna start with addison russell. would you guys go there?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:45 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Nope

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 6:03 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Nope

lolwat? you traded SHARK samardzija to get addison russell, and now less than what, 1 full year later you wouldn't turn around and move him for noah freaking syndergaard? it'd essentially be like trading SHARK for syndergaard irregardless of whatever addison russell does in his career! that's a move you make every freaking time!

i know i'm on the dude's nuts and all that, but it's cuz he's like 6'6'/260 or something nad he throws "thunderbolts" in the high 90s, and he'll hang around there past the 6th. now i know high velocity pitchers get us a little !!!!! but you're hoping with that big durable frame he's got some freak qualities about him like carlos zambrano, randy johnson, or in a smaller package felix hernandez. on the mets harvey has had his TJ already, degrom had his TJ before he even made his MLB debut, and matz has had 2 surgeries (i think at least one is TJ) and syndergaard is the one who's yet to be untouched. since these high-!!! mets arms tend to get their arm injuries earlier than later, here's to hoping syndergaard can buck the trend for at least 4-5 years, if not even longer cuz he's a big dude.

so yeah addison russell could go. soler could go. you aint touching my bryant and rizzo tho. and idk much about schwarber other than "BABE FUCKING RUTH" et al, and then whats the deal with this almora kid? is he slumping?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:03 pm 

It would not "essentially be like trading Shark" for him.

IMO, Russell is going to be a stud. And I don't think there's any way they are going to trade him. Fuck the Mets. Let them suffer. I'd rather keep Russell and sign Ryan Zimmerman.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:15 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
If Syndergaard is as good as advertised, the Mets aren't trading him.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
And Bernstein was so disingenuous when Stone was talking about the Sox streakiness. Danny Boy couldn't wait to say "that's concerning because it's probably a sign the Sox are not very good." You know deep down he's ecstatic that "The Plan" is thus far outperforming "Reload."

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:59 am 

No way would I trade Russell. He is a cornerstone. Castro....yes. Rizzo, Russell, Bryant, Soler and Almora will all be major parts of a Championship team. Schwarber may too. Just not sure where he fits or if he could be a piece they consider moving along with Castro, for a top pitcher. Baez is not a guy I have given up on, but if the Mets wanted him, along with Castro in a deal, I wouldn't have an issue with trading him either. But trading a core guy like Russell is silly. Yes, they have guys in the minors that play middle infield and project really well. But they can get starting pitchers for guys like Castro that will be good enough to win with the runs the offense will supply. They can get guys like Price as free agents too, pretty soon and avoid losing anyone. Man, they are doing a great job building this team. Just can't get overanxious and make stupid decisions, like they did with Edwin Jackson. Target only top notch guys.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:11 pm 

Stone blew the chance of being an all time great Chicago legend.

He is angry with himself.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Beggars
bigfan wrote:

Agreed.

He got caught up in the shit and self destructed.

Now he gets to go to a half empty ballpark and kiss Uncle Jerry's ass.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Sini, you're too smart to use the term irregardless. CH may correct me, but I don't believe that's a real word.

I'm right there with you on Stoney.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:19 pm 

You are correct, Denis. The word is "regardless"

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:26 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
You can also use "irrespective."

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:13 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
bigfan wrote:

He's angry that no one ever tabbed him as A GM. You can also add that he was never with the right group seeking MLB approval for ownership.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Seacrest wrote:
bigfan wrote:

He's angry that no one ever tabbed him as A GM. You can also add that he was never with the right group seeking MLB approval for ownership.

Stone would have made a terrible GM. How is Donnie Veal these days anyway? :roll:

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:27 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
bigfan wrote:

The group he was with wanted him because of his Cubs years....they are almost all Cub fans...I mention it because its the only group that wanted him.

He was big timed by Dusty....but did he really expect to win a battle between him and the players....even if he was right

Stone wanted to be in the Snacks group...they didn't want him...even as an announcer.

It will be very interesting next year if the Sox go to WGN, can't imagine he still makes his weekly musings....I know Lenny does..

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:35 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
bigfan wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
bigfan wrote:

The group he was with wanted him because of his Cubs years....they are almost all Cub fans...I mention it because its the only group that wanted him.

He was big timed by Dusty....but did he really expect to win a battle between him and the players....even if he was right

Stone wanted to be in the Snacks group...they didn't want him...even as an announcer.

It will be very interesting next year if the Sox go to WGN, can't imagine he still makes his weekly musings....I know Lenny does..

His ego got in the way on the whole Dusty thing. And yes, I think he believed that he would win out over him.

I think he believes that he was overlooked unfairly by other groups as well.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:32 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Curious Hair wrote:

I hope he's as good as the "untouchable" Lastings Milledge was.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 9:12 am 

redskingreg wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I hope he's as good as the "untouchable" Lastings Milledge was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_K