It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:30 pm 

i've even seen that at movie theater parking lots and target lots too. it's not a very cromulent way to use your time!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Apologist wrote:
CC can actually allow one to focus on other aspects of the road (side and rearview, mentally keeping track of what other vehicles are doing in adjacent lanes)

If you cannot do that and modulate a gas pedal, there are other issues at play.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:30 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
IMU wrote:
a genius wrote:
b) Cruise control

The folks that use this religiously are the folks that get into accidents.

It makes you a lazy driver. You pay attention to less.

Source please?

I drive 2,500 miles per month, including at least three times a week (each way) through the Kenosha-Racine patrol gauntlet on I-94.

Neither a wreck nor a ticket this century.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:32 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
W_Z wrote:
a genius wrote:
Parking lots I see what you guys mean but I simply avoid the mayhem by parking away from the other cars. A bit more of a walk but it still usually ends up being quicker because you don't have to stop to allow all the foot and vehicle traffic to pass as you are trying to find a spot, pull in or back out. Instead it's easy in, easy out.

i do this at most parking lots, especially the gym, but it's pretty impossible at the grocery store. the lot is too packed in and there isn't a place you can park away from people unless you want to park almost a block away...and if you wanna drag a shopping cart all that way, be my guest. i'm just super extra careful and slow...and even i've had a few close calls.

My rule of grocery shopping is simple. I go Sunday mornings before 8 or I don't go.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:34 am 

i sometimes have that rule but it doesn't work out all the time. it is pretty glorious when it works out though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:43 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
a genius wrote:
W_Z wrote:
a genius wrote:
Parking lots I see what you guys mean but I simply avoid the mayhem by parking away from the other cars. A bit more of a walk but it still usually ends up being quicker because you don't have to stop to allow all the foot and vehicle traffic to pass as you are trying to find a spot, pull in or back out. Instead it's easy in, easy out.

i do this at most parking lots, especially the gym, but it's pretty impossible at the grocery store. the lot is too packed in and there isn't a place you can park away from people unless you want to park almost a block away...and if you wanna drag a shopping cart all that way, be my guest. i'm just super extra careful and slow...and even i've had a few close calls.

My rule of grocery shopping is simple. I go Sunday mornings before 8 or I don't go.

I try to only go early on Saturday or Sunday morning. Fewer people, fewer oblivious/rude people, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
a genius wrote:
W_Z wrote:
a genius wrote:

Mariano's 6:30 am Saturday or Sunday FTW.

No crowds!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I spent the first 15 years of my professional life commuting in the Chicagoland suburbs. The last 2 I’ve commuted in Wisconsin to Milwaukee. Let me tell you….this is SO much worse in Wisconsin.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
for such a bumblefuck town, Milwaukee traffic is HORRIBLE. Hey dipshits, how about some public transportation?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
a genius wrote:
IMU wrote:
a genius wrote:
b) Cruise control

The folks that use this religiously are the folks that get into accidents.

It makes you a lazy driver. You pay attention to less.

Source please?

I drive 2,500 miles per month, including at least three times a week (each way) through the Kenosha-Racine patrol gauntlet on I-94.

Neither a wreck nor a ticket this century.

Maybe bumblefuck is different than the Illinois Tollway System in and around Chicagoland.

edit: damnit I used the same word as Hatchetman.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:02 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
a genius wrote:
W_Z wrote:
a genius wrote:

I try to only go early on Saturday or Sunday morning. Fewer people, fewer oblivious/rude people, etc.

The absolute best time to go to Wal-Mart if you have to also.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
that's becuase all the bad drivers are going to church.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
Rural Indiana drivers are the worst. Either overly tentative, or completely ignorant of anything outside their vehicle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I would rather be stuck behind a car load of Packer fans and a pickup full of Hoosiers than get stuck behind a woman. And if its an Asian woman, might as well just get out and walk.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:53 pm 

< 9 mph above the limit you will be ignored by Highway Patrol. > 14 mph and you risk a ticket (unless traveling with a pack). At 80 mph a Chevy Impala will get over 30 mph (instant mileage). CC puts me in front of the pokes and also let's me know who can't modulate their speed (sucks to keep having to pass the same driver who inexplicably decides that 80 is too fast). For fun I time the rate to overtake a car and thus determine their estimated speed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
I use CC as much as a possibly can, no matter if im going 80 or 30. CC is just the best. i dont think it improves my ability to drive though it just keeps me from having to worry about regulating speed.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:34 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
No Clever Moniker wrote:
For fun I time the rate to overtake a car and thus determine their estimated speed.

you must be a hit at parties