It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mark Kirk
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
"Bro with no ho"?

What a fucking idiot--that stroke must have softened his brain. He needs to step down immediately.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/7/71/6 ... with-no-ho

Post subject: Re: Mark Kirk
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:50 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Quote:
Kirk added, “That is what we’d say on the South Side,” a reference to a part of Chicago with a big African-American population.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

c'mon man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
He needs to step down immediately.

Uh, no. Fuck no.

This reflexive call for nearly anything short of someone's murder in the street because they said something dumb but brought literally zero harm to anyone is getting tired, I don't care what side of the aisle it falls on.

And besides, you're insensitive for expecting a guy in a wheelchair to 'step' down. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Don Tiny wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Uh, no. Fuck no.

This reflexive call for nearly anything short of someone's murder in the street because they said something dumb but brought literally zero harm to anyone is getting tired, I don't care what side of the aisle it falls on.

And besides, you're insensitive for expecting a guy in a wheelchair to 'step' down. :wink:

Bravo,Jerry Seinfeld has been talking about how the PC crowd starts a complaint and the mainstream media picks up on it and just like that a fake controversy. It's all BS. Stick a mic on anyone for 24 hours and let's see what they have said. It was dumb though for Kirk to crack the joke next to a live mic.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
many other things going on that should draw your ire if you want to be easily offended... i'd suggest trying another thing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:28 am 

jimmypasta wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Uh, no. Fuck no.

Bravo,Jerry Seinfeld has been talking about how the PC crowd starts a complaint and the mainstream media picks up on it and just like that a fake controversy. It's all BS. Stick a mic on anyone for 24 hours and let's see what they have said. It was dumb though for Kirk to crack the joke next to a live mic.

The other day I think someone obliquely invoked the 1984 idea of the 'Two Minutes of Hate' - I don't know why they did - but the purpose of said two minutes was to direct the commoners' collective anger at some singular target to get it out of their system so they didn't have the interest or energy to really bitch about shit that actually mattered ... this is a perfect example of today's 'Two Minutes of Hate'. Maybe tomorrow it'll be Miley Cyrus, then Justin Bieber, then Denny Hastert, then ... fuck, I don't know, the planet Mars maybe.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
These PC controversies have become the new "study conducted" story on the news. Everyday on the news,they use these BS studies as filler. They now have the public figure with foot in mouth stories to use instead.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:46 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I have seen a couple of these Seinfeld clips/stories last couple of days. He is right and it should be picked up on. Making every little thing a huge thing lessens the focus on the truly horrible things that can be said or protested etc.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:51 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I can't figure out why this isn't a Shoutout.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:56 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
"Bro with no ho"?

What a fucking idiot--that stroke must have softened his brain. He needs to step down immediately.

No he doesn't.

Now he needs to waste millions of dollars trying to win re-election against a very sympathetic candidate after alienating two potential voting blocs.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Maybe Lindsay Graham is a bro on the down low.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Don Tiny wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Uh, no. Fuck no.

This.

On a similar topic (I think) -- people don't seem to know when to appropriately use the word "outrage" anymore. Outrage should be reserved for truly horrific things, like the atrocities committed by ISIS, Procol Harum kidnapping hundreds of girls, or Robin Baumgarten's continued employment. Instead, I see or hear stories nearly every day about things like some housefrau who is "outraged" over Target selling a t-shirt that says "Batman's Girlfriend" because girls can be superheroes, too, or "Trivial comment by someone nobody cares about regarding something of no real consequence sparks outrage on Twitter."

Ditto for the word "amazing."

Yes, I know it's Boko Haram.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:00 am 
Site Admin

Seacrest wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
"Bro with no ho"?

No he doesn't.

Now he needs to waste millions of dollars trying to win re-election against a very sympathetic candidate after alienating two potential voting blocs.

What blocs do you think he alienated? Bros? Hos?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:09 am 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
"Bro with no ho"?

No he doesn't.

Women and people with a clue

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:10 am 
Site Admin

Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
"Bro with no ho"?

No he doesn't.

I don't think Demcrats were going to vote for him anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:12 am 
Site Admin

Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
"Bro with no ho"?

No he doesn't.

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I don't think Demcrats were going to vote for him anyway.

More than anyone else, Democratic voters in IL have proven to be the most clueless of all.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:13 am 
Site Admin

Seacrest wrote:
More than anyone else, Democratic voters in IL have proven to be the most clueless of all.

Illinois is a one party state. John Kass isn't wrong about "The Combine".

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:16 am 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Illinois is a one party state. John Kass isn't wrong about "The Combine".

The combine was three guys cutting up a pie.

Not one party running a large city and an entire state into eventual bankruptcy and anarchy.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:35 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Yes, I know it's Boko Haram.

:lol: :lol: I was so disappointed and concurrently entertained until I read that caveat ... now just the latter stands. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Chus wrote:
Maybe Lindsay Graham is a bro on the down low.

"Maybe?"

I would imagine him being a proponent of dildo beatings.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I can't figure out why this isn't a Shoutout.

:lol: When Ch. 9 teased the story, I was hoping he said "broad." It was not to be.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:19 pm 

Jaw Breaker got himself torn a new asshole in this thread. Poor SOB. Prayers sent.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
I personally find this gaffe more amusing than damning. However, it does add to his long line of poorly chosen words...

From today's Trib...

Kirk has been dogged by misstatements, exaggerations and controversial comments through much of his public life. Some of the questionable comments came after his 2012 stroke, but not all.

Kirk served in the House for nearly 10 years before beating Democrat Alexi Giannoulias in the contest for the Senate seat in 2010. Leading up to that victory, Kirk exaggerated his military record, his private-sector resume and his political accomplishments, claiming credit for the demise of the so-called Bridge to Nowhere planned for Alaska.

During the Senate campaign, Kirk apologized for inaccurate claims that he had come under enemy fire in Iraq, that he ran the Pentagon war room and that he was the Navy's intelligence officer of the year. It was Kirk's unit that won an award, not him individually.

Kirk retired from the Navy Reserve in May 2013. A 23-year veteran, he served as a naval intelligence officer and attained the rank of commander.

Kirk was criticized in 2013 for his call for the mass arrest of what he called the 18,000-strong Gangster Disciples. He later said he still supported mass arrests of gang members but that he used the 18,000 figure to shock Illinoisans into seeing the full extent of the state's gang issue.

Several months after his Gangster Disciples roundup idea, Kirk described a ride-along with Chicago police Superintendent Garry McCarthy in the Auburn Gresham neighborhood. Kirk said a "guy got popped" while they were on patrol. McCarthy later explained that it was a nonfatal, gang-related shooting in which the victim did not cooperate with police.

In another eyebrow-raising remark last December, Kirk reacted to a Senate committee report on harsh CIA interrogations by condemning Democratic committee staffers as "little zombies" reaching up from their "political graves."

In an interview this year with the Peoria Journal Star, Kirk said people drive faster through black neighborhoods.

"With this state and all of its resources, we could sponsor a whole new class of potential innovators like George Washington Carver and eventually have a class of African-American billionaires," he told the newspaper. "That would really adjust income differentials and make the diversity and outcome of the state much better so that the black community is not the one we drive faster through."

His office later defended his commitment to African-Americans and said he was combating gang violence, trying to keep assault weapons off the street and working within the black community to find aspiring entrepreneurs.

Kirk also had to clarify his view on climate change after complaining that "political correctness" had taken over climate science and misidentifying Leif Eriksson as the discoverer of Greenland. Eriksson's father, Erik Thorvaldsson, founded the first European settlement on Greenland.

In a clarification, the senator remarked that climate change is real and human activity contributed to it.

In May, Kirk took heat from The Washington Post's fact-checker, Glenn Kessler, after a speech the senator gave at the Chicago Council on Global Affairs that month. The headline: "Mark Kirk's bizarre claim that Nelson Mandela dismantled South Africa's nuclear program."

The article earned Kirk three "Pinocchios" for distorting the facts. Among other things, it pointed out that South African President F.W. de Klerk, the last white president of the country, announced in 1989 that he was dismantling the country's nuclear weapons program. Mandela wasn't released from prison until 1990.

Last edited by Zippy-The-Pinhead on Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:22 pm 

Zizou wrote:
Jaw Breaker got himself torn a new asshole in this thread. Poor SOB. Prayers sent.

Jaw Breaker is, and will always be, a person of quality. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Don Tiny wrote:
Zizou wrote:

Jaw Breaker is, and will always be, a person of quality. :D

:lol: :lol:

I personally find Kirk's remarks funny. I was speaking more to the bad optics that the Dems will latch on to. But JORR is right...they weren't going to vote for Kirk anyway. Now that I think about it, maybe Kirk will actually pick up a few votes. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I was hoping the stroke would k.o. this clown , he should have been beaten with a bat when he tried to classify marijuana and crack in the same charge. " hi grade marijuana can sell for 500 $ an ounce , its equal to crack ".

Get fucked you GOP douche n I hope you get a blood clot in your tiny brain .

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:54 pm 
Site Admin

312player wrote:
I was hoping the stroke would k.o. this clown , he should have been beaten with a bat when he tried to classify marijuana and crack in the same charge. " hi grade marijuana can sell for 500 $ an ounce , its equal to crack ".

And on that cheerful note... Enjoy your week end everybody.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
312player wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
312player wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza

:lol:

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way