It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dumb Facebook People
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The election of Trump has really unhinged one of my ex-girlfriends. She is getting as crazy as Sarah Silverman. She's constantly wailing about the importance and greatness of DIVERSITY! DIVERSITY! DIVERSITY! But how much could she really value diversity when she bought a house in Plainfield? My next door neighbors are Muslim. We get along fine. I sure as fuck don't want to be lectured to about the value of diversity by someone who specifically and purposely lives in a community that is 96% white.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:52 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
badrogue17 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The election of Trump has really unhinged one of my ex-girlfriends. She is getting as crazy as Sarah Silverman. She's constantly wailing about the importance and greatness of DIVERSITY! DIVERSITY! DIVERSITY! But how much could she really value diversity when she bought a house in Plainfield? My next door neighbors are Muslim. We get along fine. I sure as fuck don't want to be lectured to about the value of diversity by someone who specifically and purposely lives in a community that is 96% white.

I assume you're not constantly telling others on Facebook how important diversity is. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:58 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I assume you're not constantly telling others on Facebook how important diversity is. :lol:

It's been interesting watching my first ever girlfriend who is 100% Puerto Rican arguing with another childhood friend ( fucking Mick gang-banger who spent 20 years in prison for murdering another gang banger) about Trump everyday I will say that .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:00 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I respect you don't have a door man but I also need to disqualify you from the "richest white guy" poll.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:11 pm 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I respect you don't have a door man but I also need to disqualify you from the "richest white guy" poll.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
My next door neighbors are Muslim. We get along fine.

They must not read the board.

I honestly need to know how diverse your and dolphin's communities are. One day, you guys describe it as Kenilworth, and the next, you act like you're living on the Southside. Either you live pretty well with a pretty white and "white-ish" minority population or you're poor. But I don't believe you're both some well-off guys choosing to live in a more "diverse" area out of your duty to your fellow man.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

leashyourkids wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
My next door neighbors are Muslim. We get along fine.

They must not read the board.

Nice, leash. :lol: There's nothing I have ever posted on the board that I wouldn't say to the face of any Muslim friend or acquaintance. They might not like to hear it, but I have plenty of family members that are none too pleased with my atheism themselves. Why should I, as the reasonable party, have to tiptoe around the fantasies of others? With that sentiment, I am sure you agree.

leashyourkids wrote:
I honestly need to know how diverse your and dolphin's communities are. One day, you guys describe it as Kenilworth, and the next, you act like you're living on the Southside. Either you live pretty well with a pretty white and "white-ish" minority population or you're poor. But I don't believe you're both some well-off guys choosing to live in a more "diverse" area out of your duty to your fellow man.

dolphin lives in a more homogeneous community than I do. But he also has good reason. He grew up there. It's familiar to him. That's unlike my ex, who is from out of state, constantly talks about diversity, yet specifically moves to a place where there is none. To me that's phony. When refugees come here they aren't moving in next door to her.

My neighborhood is the most diverse in the entire state. Without posting my W-2 or showing my paystub, you'll have to take my word that I could afford to live in Wilmette if I wanted to. I actually enjoy the the diversity of my neighborhood. And it's not out of any duty to my fellow man. I just don't talk about how great diversity is on Facebook while I run away from it in real life.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:41 pm 

:lol:

I think you're taking liberties with the words "most diverse." There's a cultural and economic aspect to "diversity." I took my daughter to the Dupage Children's Museum this weekend and noticed how many Asian families were there... but you don't see me calling Naperville "diverse" because it has a lot of doctors. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:47 pm 
Site Admin

leashyourkids wrote:

I think you're taking liberties with the words "most diverse." There's a cultural and economic aspect to "diversity." I took my daughter to the Dupage Children's Museum this weekend and noticed how many Asian families were there... but you don't see me calling Naperville "diverse" because it has a lot of doctors. :lol:

From Wikipedia: "As of 2013 38.2% of residents were white, 26.4% were black, 25.7% were Hispanic or Latino, and 6.4% were Asian. It was the Chicago neighborhood in which the racial plurality had the smallest percentage, indicating the highest level of racial diversity."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:56 pm 

I believe that that is factually correct... I'm just saying that living with a bunch of well-to-do minorities doesn't make a person Jane Byrne.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

From Wikipedia: "As of 2013 38.2% of residents were white, 26.4% were black, 25.7% were Hispanic or Latino, and 6.4% were Asian. It was the Chicago neighborhood in which the racial plurality had the smallest percentage, indicating the highest level of racial diversity."

Also from Wikipedia: "has a higher rate of residents with Master's, Professional, and Doctorate degrees than the state average."

:twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:40 pm 
Site Admin

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Also from Wikipedia: "has a higher rate of residents with Master's, Professional, and Doctorate degrees than the state average."

:twisted:

I said we were diverse. I didn't say we were stupid. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:23 pm 

But certainly you could see why your criticism of suburbanites falls on deaf ears. "White Flight" wasn't a result of people fleeing from blacks and hispanics who were wealthier and more educated than they were. They were fleeing from poverty and minorities who were disproportionately affected by poverty. You make it sound like you living next to minorities is some noble gesture on your part even if the minorities look at you as a pauper.

Very sad. Very unfair. JORR is a disaster.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:54 pm 
Site Admin

leashyourkids wrote:
But certainly you could see why your criticism of suburbanites falls on deaf ears. "White Flight" wasn't a result of people fleeing from blacks and hispanics who were wealthier and more educated than they were. They were fleeing from poverty and minorities who were disproportionately affected by poverty. You make it sound like you living next to minorities is some noble gesture on your part even if the minorities look at you as a pauper.

I don't criticize suburbanites. You may be confusing me with Regular Reader. I know we City guys all look alike to you people.

All I'm saying is that it seems very disingenuous to champion diversity on Facebook whilst avoiding it in real life.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:14 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I don't criticize suburbanites. You may be confusing me with Regular Reader. I know we City guys all look alike to you people.

All I'm saying is that it seems very disingenuous to champion diversity on Facebook whilst avoiding it in real life.

that's part of the facebook code of ethics.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:18 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
W_Z wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

that's part of the facebook code of ethics.

And Twitter.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:17 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Oh, Mr. Road Rod... you might want to cover your eyes for these...

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Well, there's a lot of code involved in suburban living and a whole lot of it comes down to "no black people", or if we don't want to take this into another endless CSFMB racial discussion, then "people who think exactly the way I do.

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Have you ever heard of "white flight"? It's funny that a man would post a list of all the great attributes of the suburbs all while ignoring the reasons people actually live in them.

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
What is your point in naming Chicago neighborhoods where white people once lived before they ran to the suburbs for more garage space?

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
When people say a "better neighborhood" what do you think that means?

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Well, of course it's a class and money issue. But are you really going to suggest that class and race are not linked inextricably in the United States?

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
As good dolphin pointed out the very existence of suburbs is a reaction to city living.

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
You sound a lot like my 85 year old mother-in-law from Palatine. On the rare occasions when she comes to our house she always has to mention that "it's so congested in the city".

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The majority of the pro-suburban features in this thread are related to driving and/or parking. And God forbid you get out of your car to get a hamburger! You know what the best part of the suburbs is? Attached garages. One can get into his car inside!

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=85012

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:21 pm 
Site Admin

:lol: Which of those things is less than factual?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:22 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Don't change the subject. Admit your defeat with grace.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Lyin Leash is back at it again! Very unfair!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:18 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Suburban living means no black people. That's obviously not factual. At best, you could say it's an opinion, but it's a bad one.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Suburban living means no black people. That's obviously not factual. At best, you could say it's an opinion, but it's a bad one.

It's pretty much true of the suburbs I'm talking about. Schaumburg is 70% white and 4% black. Plainfield is 96% white.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:28 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

It's pretty much true of the suburbs I'm talking about. Schaumburg is 70% white and 4% black. Plainfield is 96% white.

We're doing this in two threads now but based on this post you're gonna have to agree with me on Fox News because over 70% of their on-air talent is white.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:24 pm 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

We're doing this in two threads now but based on this post you're gonna have to agree with me on Fox News because over 70% of their on-air talent is white.

Well, considering that 12% of the national population is black, African-Americans may be over-represented on Fox if that's the basis. I will admit that there is also clearly an over-representation of blonde women though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:25 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Well, considering that 12% of the national population is black, African-Americans may be over-represented on Fox if that's the basis. I will admit that there is also clearly an over-representation of blonde women though.

I like how I now have you arguing both sides of the demographics point.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:29 pm 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I like how I now have you arguing both sides of the demographics point.

:lol: Well, I think it's pretty well known that a big part of the Ailes strategy was to put hot blondes on there. And make sure that Guilfoyle sits in front on "The Five" so she can give us a leg shot.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
A friend of mine just blamed SNL for the election of Trump.

Apparently the "Hillary's loss is everyone else's fault but her's" Train is still full steam ahead.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:52 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Colonel Angus wrote:
A friend of mine just blamed SNL for the election of Trump.

You have got to be shitting me. I'd say that about fills all the branches on the Hillary excuse tree.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Yup. Just like you guys are talking about in the other thread, everybody wants to point the finger when they should be pointing the thumb.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next