It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:01 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
back in the day i had this idea where because even tho i had awesome taste in music i was horribly shit at the technical aspect/s of DJing (read: matching beats) i wanted to find the most purely "punk rock" means of embracing my inherent shittiness and not only overcoming it, but moreover turning into a veritable calling card for whatever my "brand" could end up being; ergo, "DJ Bin Laden" was born (and i'm a goddamn fool for giving up the @djbinladen twitter real estate circa 2009... arrrgh)

basically, DJ BIN LADEN: THE MOST HATED DJ IN AMERICA!!!! was always down for an aural JIHAD!!!! that would feature a contemptuous DJ up there "spinning records" in such a way that he would flip the audience's dislike/haterade towards him back on them by attempting to "spin" a mix that would essentially declare war on the audience and attack them via a method i'd later coin the term "trollglitch" to define. basically "trollglitch" = rather than attempting to beatmatch i'd attempt to "beatsmash" and create spazzy explosions of stutters, repetitions, loops, consequent un/intentional subliminable messages, and the whole 9 yards.... all while relying on taste [in music], style, and most importantly timing to try and put together a bunch of legitimately awesome songs together into something that i'd call a "mix" and then, *skypoint* pretty much just toss up on the internet and let whoever wants have it [since i'm really not worth anyone's $$$ yet]

from there i most likely got really stoned one night and overthought the "DJ Bin Laden" thing and changed to his [presumed] CIA Asset name "DJ Tim Osman" (even if it's 100% BS you still gotta chuckle that bin laden's purported CIA codename would rhyme with his last name =) and yeah i was @djtimosman for awhile b4 it hit me like "dude i've been going by "emessiah" all over the internet/s for like 15 years already; i've always had the dj name!!"-- and i'd go on to crank out something like ~50-75 "mixes" between 2009-2012.

so rah rah rah blah blah blah last year i "came out of retirement" to do another mix for another msgboard's anniversary, and it's; a veritable all-star mix of my absolute favorite jams/cuts/etc from ~2014-2015 so there's some legitimately awesome shitkicking music in this mix.... albeit brandished by someone whose DJ anima is that of "DJ Bin Laden" declaring some kind of aural jihad on his [unfortunate?] audience, ergo the whole "take the dj sini challengexperience(TM)!" aspect where i wanna see 1) if anyone would actually give this mix a listen and then 2) how long they could last b4 tapping out.

as an aside, don't forget that i'm the guy who was oddly compelled to combine boers & bernstein with italo disco one day to create a track that the C/S/FMB's very own Curious Hair described as "probably [sounding] like one of Chris Tannehill's nightmares" (~7mb ~3min mp3)

obviously, i doubt that anyone's gonna listen and i reckon this thread will find it's permanent home in active topics page 2/+ ignominy ASAP, but hey it's saturday night and i'm doing my thing (read: on the clock) and this is roughly the equivalent of me going out barhopping with ~5 CDRs with the mix on it and doing something between handing them out to some ppl i encounter or outright flinging them at hot chicks on the L in the name of "gorilla marketing" -- so uhhh why not open up the proverbial trenchcoat and show you C/S/FMB lot what i've got?

so yeah the mix is available @ http://sinicalypse.kaen.org/suprichie/w ... t-3373.mp3 or by clicking on that one other link up there in the text... and it's a ~22min / 40mb mp3 that you're linked directly to, so feel free to right click and go "Save As" if you want, or i suppose you could just click on it and pretty much every modern browser has the means of plaiyng a mp3 so you can listen while it downloads-into-cache and decide if it's worth saving from there? whatever floats your boat i suppose!

TLDR = i wanna know how long *YOU* can last b4 tapping out and succumbing to my [admiral] awesomeness!

good luck / godspeed / take care / give hell / be excellent / and i'm pretty much out of closing-salutation platitudes here

# sir talkstoomuch esq; now in inconvenient audio format! 33% more vexing than a free/ish root canal at county-hospital/dentist-school, and as always: 88% less date-rape than dubstep thursdays!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:05 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
and oh yeah there's also a mix i did of the best of the best aphex twin tracks from that massive ~250 vintage 90s/ish unreleased songs soundcloud dump @ http://sinicalypse.kaen.org/suprichie/e ... 20good.mp3 (~40mins / ~72mb mp3) --- and btw aphex twin is obviously my #1 favorite musician of all-time so i mean, i legit tried to temper my trollglitch into something more befitting the inherent glory of the norse god of techyes: aphex fucking twin! #ShomerShabbos! *pounds table*

edit = btw here's the tracklist for the main mix in the original post:

whateverquest track listing
-------------------------------------------------------------
1) GNU/STALLMANQUEST
[Pretensious Flashbulb Interview starts up in earnest and is sprinkled throughout next song or 2]
2) Paul Blackout - Freakmode
3) Dat Politics - My Toshiba is Alive
4) Pineapples feat Douglas Roop - Come on Closer
5) Spark! - Man Overbord
6) Spark! - Idioter
7) oh shit whats that dumb little 30sec youtube video called?
8) 2pac - just don't give a fuck