It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Aretha Franklin
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/aretha-franklin-announces-retirement-final-album-w465986

Aretha Franklin Announces Retirement, Final Album
Stevie Wonder will collaborate on forthcoming 2017 album

Aretha Franklin intends to drastically reduce the frequency of her performances following the release of a new full-length in the fall. "I am retiring this year," the singer told WDIV Local 4 in Detroit. "I will be recording, but this will be my last year in concert. This is it."

Franklin feels comfortable stepping away from active duty with her remarkable legacy intact. "I feel very, very enriched and satisfied with respect to where my career came from and where it is now," she noted. "I'll be pretty much satisfied, but I'm not going to go anywhere and just sit down and do nothing. That wouldn't be good either."

Franklin's last full-length, Aretha Franklin Sings the Great Diva Classics, came out in 2014, featuring covers of songs by Adele, Gloria Gaynor and Chaka Khan. On that album, she worked with producers well-versed in the ways of modern pop – notably R&B ace Babyface and the rapper André 3000.

Later this year, the legendary soul singer will return to the studio to make a new record. She described the album as "kind of multi-(directional)." "We're not pigeonholed to any one thing," she added. She recruited her old pal Stevie Wonder to help with her latest project. "Of course, several of the songs are going to be produced by Stevie (Wonder)," she said. "There's only one Stevie, right?"

Post subject: Re: Aretha Franklin
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:25 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
paul mooney has a pretty funny bit on aretha re: if it was her in place of janet jackson during the super bowl nipplegate.

on the meta tip, time to go make fun of people for being unemployed... brb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
she really likes hot dogs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:16 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Bagels wrote:

She played House of Blues when some friends of mine worked there. She refused to eat the HOB food and demanded a steak from Smith & Wollensky.

She was also very concerned about how the people around her were dressed. There was an old black dude who operated the elevator and some people were jostling in there when Aretha was on it. The old guy said, "Be careful, now, Have some respect. That's the Queen of Soul!" Aretha handed him a $200 tip. Then she kind of looked at him with disdain and said, "Buy a suit." :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bagels wrote:

She played House of Blues when some friends of mine worked there. She refused to eat the HOB food and demanded a steak from Smith & Wollensky.

She was also very concerned about how the people around her were dressed. There was an old black dude who operated the elevator and some people were jostling in there when Aretha was on it. The old guy said, "Be careful, now, Have some respect. That's the Queen of Soul!" Aretha handed him a $200 tip. Then she kind of looked at him with disdain and said, "Buy a suit." :lol:

:lol: :lol: