It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Otherwise known as the Beta Music Festival!

Oct 18th at the United Center.

Sign up for the presale here by copying and pasting this link into your browser:

imdrg.nz/2qZ6S3s

Only good through Saturday....

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Did you lose a bet?

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:54 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
K. Flay is a manic pixie dream girl fo sho.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:05 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Quote:
1. Imagine Dragons --“Believer”

To understand the essence of America’s biggest current rock band, I turned to America’s greatest current music critic, Wikipedia, where I learned that “Imagine Dragons maintains a band culture of humility, relatability, and creativity” and are “an atypical band” because "three of the four members are not tattooed, and the group chooses not to attend afterparties." “I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been,” whines Dan Reynolds, with the petulance of a Trump voter quoted in a Times election post-mortem -- not to imply political bent, mind you, just to say that rock’s epic dissatisfaction with the status quo and fist-pumping individualism are, well, ideologically malleable. Playing “Mutt” Lange to the Dragons' Def Leppard is the Swedish production team of Mattman and Robin, who've done great writing and production work for Britney Spears, Selena Gomez, and Hailee Steinfeld. In fact, two songwriters who worked on "Believer" and Linkin Park's "Heavy" had a hand in many of those same songs. So maybe the most interesting thing about “rock” in 2017 is that it’s being crafted by the same people responsible for “pop” -- except they’re doing a much worse job of it.

(was part of a decent snarkfest article about what what constitutes rock music in 2017 via what is on the Billboard rock chart currently)

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Can't remember if I or someone posted this Grouplove video before. Catchy song and interesting video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNDXUhKFPA4

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:35 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Quote:

To understand the essence of America’s biggest current rock band, I turned to America’s greatest current music critic, Wikipedia, where I learned that “Imagine Dragons maintains a band culture of humility, relatability, and creativity” and are “an atypical band” because "three of the four members are not tattooed, and the group chooses not to attend afterparties." “I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been,” whines Dan Reynolds, with the petulance of a Trump voter quoted in a Times election post-mortem -- not to imply political bent, mind you, just to say that rock’s epic dissatisfaction with the status quo and fist-pumping individualism are, well, ideologically malleable. Playing “Mutt” Lange to the Dragons' Def Leppard is the Swedish production team of Mattman and Robin, who've done great writing and production work for Britney Spears, Selena Gomez, and Hailee Steinfeld. In fact, two songwriters who worked on "Believer" and Linkin Park's "Heavy" had a hand in many of those same songs. So maybe the most interesting thing about “rock” in 2017 is that it’s being crafted by the same people responsible for “pop” -- except they’re doing a much worse job of it.

(was part of a decent snarkfest article about what what constitutes rock music in 2017 via what is on the Billboard rock chart currently)

I've never heard them called a "rock" band before. That label gets thrown around and applied too liberally these days (usually incorrectly). I think I'd consider them Alternative Pop (though I have a hard time even defining what constitutes Pop at this point). "Alternative" seems to have expanded as a genre as well.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:11 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Killer V wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Quote:

I've never heard them called a "rock" band before. That label gets thrown around and applied too liberally these days (usually incorrectly). I think I'd consider them Alternative Pop (though I have a hard time even defining what constitutes Pop at this point). "Alternative" seems to have expanded as a genre as well.

Are there any mainstream rock bands right now?

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Killer V wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Quote:

Are there any mainstream rock bands right now?

Foo Fighters ? :lol:

i think that's partly the point of the article I clipped that from- the writer took the top 10 songs currently on Billboard's Rock chart and basically none of them are actually rock songs

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:47 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Gtouplove have some seriously solid songs.

Trevor Rabin's kid on drums.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:05 pm 

And Hannah Hooper looks like a hotter Vanessa Baer....