It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 71799
Sheryl Crow was particularly awful at q101 twisted christmas one year. Korn/Weezer/Violent Femmes were good though


Saw the Counting Crows at the Aragon. Horribe. Just everything was bad. And I liked both albums they had put out at the time.

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:40 pm
Posts: 5098
pizza_Place: Pat's...South Loop
I went with my wife to see Barry Manilow a couple of years ago, and it was clear that in addition to being way past his prime, he probably put as little into the sound and video as possible. He even hinted that there was only one reason to be there ("Guys, I know you're wondering why you came tonight, but you'll thank me later").

_________________
To IkeSouth, bigfan wrote:
Are you stoned or pissed off, or both, when you create these postings?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:13 am
Posts: 2821
pizza_Place: Quonset
Counting Crows, I went as a favor to a buddy, at the Riv...the best part was they only played like 45 minutes.

Lou Reed, following Los Lobos at the World...Los Lobos were cool, upbeat, fun. Lou came on and was absolutely depressing, told a story about a little boy...who commits suicide...that show was brutal.

Dylan and Tom Petty at Alpine...Petty was meh...Dylan was hot garbage.

_________________
SpiralStairs wrote:
I can only drink so much trucker cum...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:30 am
Posts: 958
pizza_Place: Bianchis
Motley Crue's final performance at Tinley Park for their final tour was absolute garbage. Saw them so many times over the years, and they cashed it in on their final tour. Alice Cooper opening for them blew them off the stage.

But the worst would be Two Live Crew. Tried to see them at Cheetah's - a strip club in Windsor, Ontario. Paid $15.00 to get in and waited for 3 hours. They were so drugged out they never came out, and we ended up leaving.

_________________
Curious Hair wrote:
Ah, Lemonparty, the 8th sacrament.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:21 am 
Offline
1000 CLUB
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:17 pm
Posts: 60878
Location: Suburbs FTW!
pizza_Place: SWEET BABY RAY"S?
The Pretenders and Neil Young at the World or whatever its called in Tinley. The Pretenders raced thru a couple songs, and guitars were out of tune.

I know Neil has hundreds if not thousands of songs to make a setlist from, but I figured I would hear at least a couple of his hits. The only songs I recognized during his entire set was "Harvest Moon" and "Cowgirl In The Sand." He sat with an acoustic guitar for most of the show. It was the single most boring nite of live music I've never attended.

Duck Dunn being his bass guitar player was the best part of the nite for me.

_________________
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
First off, the [2016 Cubs World Series] title was never a huge deal to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:24 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:24 am
Posts: 28819
Location: Around the corner from Only Child Brewing Co
pizza_Place: Gino's East
Worst opener: Mindless Self Indulgence - Opened for Korn back in 2000. Crystal Method on Family Values 1999 at Rosemont is a close second. David Lee Roth opening for Bad Company in 99 is up there, too.

Worst Headliner: Ozzy at Ozzfest 2000, Offspring at Q101 Twisted 2000, Bon Jovi at The World in 2001.

_________________
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
God damn, bigfan's thoughts on this thread are atrocious. I forgot what kind of special idiot he was.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:47 pm
Posts: 13358
Location: The far western part of south east North Dakota
pizza_Place: Boboli
Saw a lot of shows at the Metro long ago due to a friend with connections. We'd go to shows just for something to do. The funniest one I saw was Fastball. They were the "headliner."

They played their 7 songs. Then they played 3 covers. Then they re-played their two "hit" songs again!

_________________
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
I smell a bit....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:33 pm
Posts: 4868
pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
SuperMario wrote:
Motley Crue's final performance at Tinley Park for their final tour was absolute garbage. Saw them so many times over the years, and they cashed it in on their final tour. Alice Cooper opening for them blew them off the stage.

But the worst would be Two Live Crew. Tried to see them at Cheetah's - a strip club in Windsor, Ontario. Paid $15.00 to get in and waited for 3 hours. They were so drugged out they never came out, and we ended up leaving.


So many mistakes.

_________________
jimmypasta wrote:
I'd make that tiny eyeballed bitch scream: "quick,someone draw me a clit,so I can cum.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:30 am
Posts: 958
pizza_Place: Bianchis
SpiralStairs wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
Motley Crue's final performance at Tinley Park for their final tour was absolute garbage. Saw them so many times over the years, and they cashed it in on their final tour. Alice Cooper opening for them blew them off the stage.

But the worst would be Two Live Crew. Tried to see them at Cheetah's - a strip club in Windsor, Ontario. Paid $15.00 to get in and waited for 3 hours. They were so drugged out they never came out, and we ended up leaving.


So many mistakes.


Yeah, that summed up that trip.

_________________
Curious Hair wrote:
Ah, Lemonparty, the 8th sacrament.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 55581
Location: To the left of my post
GoldenJet wrote:
Counting Crows, I went as a favor to a buddy, at the Riv...the best part was they only played like 45 minutes.
I have a limited concert resume but Counting Crows was also horrible when I saw them. I don't know if he just sucks live, was on drugs, or just didn't care and was collecting a check. It was a co-headliner with Goo Goo Dolls who were much better so I can't blame the sound or venue.

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:09 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:24 am
Posts: 28819
Location: Around the corner from Only Child Brewing Co
pizza_Place: Gino's East
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It was a co-headliner with Goo Goo Dolls who were much better


This sentence almost never applied to anything except, maybe Nickelback...

_________________
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
God damn, bigfan's thoughts on this thread are atrocious. I forgot what kind of special idiot he was.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:35 pm
Posts: 2896
Location: Lindenhurst
pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Kenny G @ Poplar Creek in 1988. it's a long story, but that was 90 minutes of pure hell.

The Lemonheads at the ISU Bone Student Center Ballroom. Evan Dando was so plastered he could barely stand up. I honestly do not know how the guy finished the show.

Iron Maiden on the Fear Of the Dark Tour. Shitty Album. Bruce was completely mailing it in left the band after the tour and There wasn't even enough people in attendance to fill the Pavillion at Alpine Valley. Fortunately, I've seen them many times with much better results.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:19 pm
Posts: 4674
pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
Killer V wrote:
shirtless driver wrote:
The entire 1996 Q101 Jamboree at the World was a disaster.
Rain, shitty sound everywhere, and out of the 25K people there, I run into my girlfriend of 4 years who had broken up with me earlier that month. She wouldn't even talk to me. I got shitfaced and crybaby-ish and it was an all around awful day.


Was that the one with Bush & Sheryl Crow?


No, the one I went to had Afghan Whigs (awesome) Filter, (decent) Stabbing Westward, Korn (Terrible) Foo Fighters (terrible) and I don't think we stuck around for No Doubt. I'm probably forgetting a few bands, there were 2 stages....

_________________
Fuck it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:16 pm
Posts: 1354
pizza_Place: My moms grave
shirtless driver wrote:
Killer V wrote:
shirtless driver wrote:
The entire 1996 Q101 Jamboree at the World was a disaster.
Rain, shitty sound everywhere, and out of the 25K people there, I run into my girlfriend of 4 years who had broken up with me earlier that month. She wouldn't even talk to me. I got shitfaced and crybaby-ish and it was an all around awful day.


Was that the one with Bush & Sheryl Crow?


No, the one I went to had Afghan Whigs (awesome) Filter, (decent) Stabbing Westward, Korn (Terrible) Foo Fighters (terrible) and I don't think we stuck around for No Doubt. I'm probably forgetting a few bands, there were 2 stages....



That’s right the Afghan Whigs redeemed themselves. Dulli rarely puts on a bad show.


Lou Reed Lollapalooza. Holy moly was it bad and completely disrespectful on his part. He literally played feedback for 10 minutes preventing Band of Horses to go on which later caused a cluster when Band of Horses and Janes addiction we’re playing at the same time. I am a pretty big Lou fan but that was awfully rude and I get he has status but it was still real hacky. I guess he didn’t want to be outdone by Kanye.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:19 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:29 am
Posts: 45807
Location: Darkside Estates
wdelaney72 wrote:
Kenny G @ Poplar Creek in 1988. it's a long story, but that was 90 minutes of pure hell.

Good god man.

_________________
"Play until it hurts, then play until it hurts to not play."
http://soundcloud.com/darkside124 HOF 2013, MM Champion 2014
bigfan wrote:
Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:23 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:29 am
Posts: 45807
Location: Darkside Estates
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Worst opener: Mindless Self Indulgence - Opened for Korn back in 2000. Crystal Method on Family Values 1999 at Rosemont is a close second. David Lee Roth opening for Bad Company in 99 is up there, too.

Worst Headliner: Ozzy at Ozzfest 2000, Offspring at Q101 Twisted 2000, Bon Jovi at The World in 2001.

I'll tell ya... ozzy in 04 was bad too... but fucking Judas priest kicked so much ass just before he came on it might be rob halfords fault.

_________________
"Play until it hurts, then play until it hurts to not play."
http://soundcloud.com/darkside124 HOF 2013, MM Champion 2014
bigfan wrote:
Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:54 pm
Posts: 14780
Location: in the vents of life for joey belle
pizza_Place: Crime Story: wasnt that on dee road?
Back circa 00-02, maybe 03 at the latest, I wanted to see my drum and bass (producer) heroes, Ed rush and optical. It was a hell of a lineup... Ed Rush & Optical, Swift and DJ Pascal from the True Playaz crew, and the "legendary" founder of good looking / looking good records (a subset of moving shadow IIRC) LTJ Bukem (he was #2 on the flier under Ed rush & optical.

Ed Rush and optical got sick or sonething, so LTJ Bukem ends up headlining. Welp I gotta admit the crowd was wack as fuck. Put it this way, one girl was "dancing" via bending completely over forward and holding the tips of her toes. I shit you not. The crowd was a disgrace, but hey you know there's still a few of us "too cool to dance" cats standing around off to the sides ready for some world class drum and bass DJing so let's have it

So even LTJ Bukem comes out he sees the crowd and visibly is like WTF?! He fidgets with his trademark big gold framed glasses and promptly starts a record, waits 2mins, tosses on a second and mixes it as fast as possible (like 30secs) then walks off in a huff backstage. 2-3 mins later he comes back out, grabs another record, does the quickest "mix" possible, then goes backstage again for another 2-3mins, comes out and does another quick mix, and goes backstage ad infinitum.

Also when he actually graced us with his presence I remember him just str8up leering out into the crowd and shaking his in disgust... The look on his face = why I went "fuck you and your gold glasses" and walked out ~10-15mins into his set, and have never listened to a LTJ Bukem track or mux ever since.... FUCK YOU, DO YOUR JOB ASSHOLE!!!!!!

_________________
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I think it was Heroin


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group