It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:11 am 

Inb4 the expected cliche of "nothing beyond 'blue' and 'pinkerton' is worth a shit", or that all of weezer sucks...

So, the White album was pretty much their best effort since the Green album. "Maladroit" had some great songs but as a whole, seemed incomplete. Green album was flashy but way too short. White album seemed to have more texture. "Everything Will Be..." was touted as a "return" to form; but for me, it was just more bullshit from Cuomo, trying too hard to capture the Weezer sound (though "Go Away" is probably its best song).

I don't know what the fuck to say about "Pacific Daydream". It's like Cuomo went completely adult contempo. There are a few tracks that stand out ("Mexican Fender", "Feels Like Summer", "Any Friend of Diane's") but man...it's hard to call it a departure, because it just feels like no effort was made in making this unique.

I hated "Raditude" (besides "Make Believe", probably their weakest album), but at least the standout tracks were vintage Weezer. This is nothing like Weezer.

Everything they did to right the ship in last year's record seems to have completely come undone here. I'll give it that it's short and painless. But it should at least be fun to listen to. Who knows, maybe it'll serve as background music. But they're way more than capable of something better than that.

Still excited to see them w/ the Pixies next summer though. Fuck it. Maybe their Black album will be released by then...

:D :D out of :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:16 am 

Is this the album that sounds like Twenty One Pilots?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:17 am 

that's the perfect way to describe it.

hoo i like that johnny boy, i'm gonna use that!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:18 am 

W_Z wrote:
that's the perfect way to describe it.

I just heard one song on the radio, and my response to it was, "What. The. Fuck."

Just awful.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
I saw them perform "Feels Like Summer" on the Tonight Show and have heard a couple times since and really liked it. I haven't listened to any other tracks, but have always liked their sound in general.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:30 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
blue is one of the greatest albumbs of all time. pinkerton is also a really good album. from that point on it got bad and has stayed bad. maybe even gotten worse.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
hnd wrote:
blue is one of the greatest albumbs of all time. pinkerton is also a really good album. from that point on it got bad and has stayed bad. maybe even gotten worse.

I liked the green album. It had some good songs. After that I would say it gradually got worse to whatever the hell they are doing now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:18 pm 

i liked "maladroit" but it somewhat felt "unfinished". the white album is the best effort they've made since "green". the red was half fantastic, half absolute abomination.