It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:28 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
https://www.teenvogue.com/story/victori ... dak-yellow

I have the simple solution. It should be illegal for white people to purchase songs that feature the n-word. Problem solved.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:33 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
https://www.teenvogue.com/story/victorias-secret-models-are-under-fire-for-singing-the-n-word-in-cardi-bs-bodak-yellow

I have the simple solution. It should be illegal for white people to purchase songs that feature the n-word. Problem solved.

I say Jigga in place if im rapping along. Seems like a nice solution to me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I think most of those scrawny models are Russian anyway. They probably don't even speak English.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:36 pm 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
https://www.teenvogue.com/story/victorias-secret-models-are-under-fire-for-singing-the-n-word-in-cardi-bs-bodak-yellow

And you don't find that childish? It's like watching a Tarantino movie on WGN with Jackson and Travolta saying "freakin'".

The outrage is stupid. If you don't want white fans don't take their money.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

And you don't find that childish? It's like watching a Tarantino movie on WGN with Jackson and Travolta saying "freakin'".

Yippee Ki Yay Mr Falcon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:47 pm 
Site Admin

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Yippee Ki Yay Mr Falcon

:lol: Is that what they say? Seems very WGN-ish.

And the all-time winner has got him by the fun!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Im tired of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:51 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Yippee Ki Yay Mr Falcon

:lol: Is that what they say? Seems very WGN-ish.

And the all-time winner has got him by the fun!

Here are some great ones.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/filmbl ... g-censored

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
America wrote:
Im tired of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane

yippie-ki-ay coffeemaker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:30 am 

pizza_Place: ....
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Case dismissed!

Angels can do nothing wrong.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:05 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I suppose it is possible to not have people sing that word in a song if the word is not put in the song in the first place?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:18 am 
Site Admin

pittmike wrote:
I suppose it is possible to not have people sing that word in a song if the word is not put in the song in the first place?

It's fans of a song singing along with a song they like. This is the problem when we have a shared culture but we then try to divide ourselves with only particular people "allowed" to say certain words. And I'm not advocating for white people- or anyone really- running around using that word. But this is just ginned up outrage. Because context does matter.

Imagine for a minute if Telegram Sam and Rogers Park Bryan opened an Irish themed bar called Paddy O'Douchebag's and they served a Jameson based cocktail called the "Filthy M!ck". Nas and Kirkwood walked into the bar and ordered two Filthy Micks. But Seacrest was sitting at the bar and went absolutely apeshit when he heard them and started screaming, "YOU CAN'T SAY THAT!!!!" That's kind of what this is like.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:21 am 

Tell ya what, all yous can kiss my book, and mother father a Chinese dentist!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:46 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
pittmike wrote:

It's fans of a song singing along with a song they like. This is the problem when we have a shared culture but we then try to divide ourselves with only particular people "allowed" to say certain words. And I'm not advocating for white people- or anyone really- running around using that word. But this is just ginned up outrage. Because context does matter.

Imagine for a minute if Telegram Sam and Rogers Park Bryan opened an Irish themed bar called Paddy O'Douchebag's and they served a Jameson based cocktail called the "Filthy M!ck". Nas and Kirkwood walked into the bar and ordered two Filthy Micks. But Seacrest was sitting at the bar and went absolutely apeshit when he heard them and started screaming, "YOU CAN'T SAY THAT!!!!" That's kind of what this is like.

Yup. Simplified but true. I would have made the bar Pittmike and Dolphin's Krakow Kracker Lounge though.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:51 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

not to mention it's a terrible song to begin with. and it's probably marginal for cardi b to be saying the word as well.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

It is incredibly stupid to put the lyric in and get mad at people for singing along.

Something tells me if they didn't have that audience, they would not be successful(money wise).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:18 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You think what I do is childish?

I just try not to say that word ever. If I said it every time I hear it in rap, it'd be 200 times on some days. I dunno.

If it's childish, so be it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:35 am 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I just try not to say that word ever. If I said it every time I hear it in rap, it'd be 200 times on some days. I dunno.

:lol: Don't take it personally. I meant the concept of pretending the word doesn't exist.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:54 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Just curious, Arps: What is your favorite non-rap, non R&B song? I'm guessing a classic Alice in Chains ditty.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:56 pm 
Site Admin

Panther pislA wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Just curious, Arps: What is your favorite non-rap, non R&B song? I'm guessing a classic Alice in Chains ditty.

I'm going with something from U2 or Oasis.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:59 pm 

I'd be grossly disappointed if he went bongo for Bono.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Is this an actual outrage? Haven't seen it anywhere but here and usually this type of shit pops up on my newsfeed somewhere.

I would think most sane people can agree there's no issue with singing along to a song. :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:36 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Is this an actual outrage? Haven't seen it anywhere but here and usually this type of shit pops up on my newsfeed somewhere.

I would think most sane people can agree there's no issue with singing along to a song. :lol:

I did karaoke to Forgot About Dre to a predominantly black crowd. I just omitted the word in the song. When it was coming up I could feel the tension and I just looked up and shrugged instead of saying it and I got a good laugh. No reason to antagonize people, they would have known the context was not hateful but why risk pissing someone off?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:52 pm 
Site Admin

Hank Scorpio wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I did karaoke to Forgot About Dre to a predominantly black crowd. I just omitted the word in the song. When it was coming up I could feel the tension and I just looked up and shrugged instead of saying it and I got a good laugh. No reason to antagonize people, they would have known the context was not hateful but why risk pissing someone off?

How did "If y'all don't like me, blow me" go over?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:58 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

How did "If y'all don't like me, blow me" go over?

I got a huge ovation. They didn't think a fat dorky white guy knew what he was doing :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:02 pm 

Panther pislA wrote:

Hard to pick one. Oasis and U2 are strong candidates
But tonight I'll go with

My Way-Frank

Alice in Chains is alright. Like a couple songs.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:50 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Panther pislA wrote:

Hard to pick one. Oasis and U2 are strong candidates
But tonight I'll go with

My Way-Frank

That will always be Paul Anka's song to me.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Guy I know went to a Kanye concert and before he did "Gold Digger" he said to the white people in the audience "this is your once chance to say (N-word) without getting your ass whopped".

Last edited by Franky T on Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
White people should change the word to "cracker" when singing along.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
pittmike wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Yup. Simplified but true. I would have made the bar Pittmike and Dolphin's Krakow Kracker Lounge though.

You guys are welcome at Paddy O'Douchebag's any time. Bring a friend. Somebody has to duck.