It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Franky T wrote:
I did my annual call to Sirius/XM to "cancel" my subscription because I don't want to pay the new rate, and then the offer me the same rate as last year. I'll be damned if they don't have this as voice prompt option now. They just count on people not paying attention.

I just bought a new Pioneer stereo with Carplay and HD Radio to replace my factory stereo in my 180,000 mile Camry. I called SiriusXM to have them activate their service with the radio ID. I gave them my name, account info, etc.

The lady claimed to be named Jennifer or Brittany with a thick Indian accent. She first asked me if I wanted to upgrade to a higher-tier package including Howard Stern and MLB/NFL games. I told her no thanks, I don't care for Howard Stern and I don't like sports. She said, "Okay, do you have your radio ID ready? Please read it to me." I read back the ID. She said thank you and told me, "I am now going to sign you up for a new subscription for $5.99 a month for 12 months. Is the same card on the account." I interrupted, "Hang on, hang on, excuse me, I don't need a new subscription, I already have one."

"Sir, you want to play satellite radio in your car right? In order to add your new car radio to play Sirius, we need to do a new subscription."

"Mam, I already have a Sirius subscription. I paid upfront back in January of this year. It was a full one year subscription and will expire in 3 months. It includes access to Sirius on my phone or iPad as well as a car stereo. Now I have a stereo and want to add my service that I paid for to it."

"I know, I know. But in order to get Sirius on you car stereo, we need to sign you up for a new subscription."

"You seem nice but there's obviously a communication problem going on here. What you're saying makes no sense. I signed up for SiriusXM in January. I paid $75 or so for a full year of service, comes out to about $5 a month. It includes playing Sirius on my phone and in my car. I simply want to hear satellite radio in my car, something that I already pay for."

"What is your radio ID sir?"

"I already gave you that but I'll give it to you again."

"Thank you very much. Too add SiriusXM to your car stereo, there is a one-time fee of $15."

"I'm sorry. So now you're not signing me up for a new subscription but there is a one-time fee of $15 to add my current service to my car?"

"Yes."

"I'm not paying that."

"Hang on, let me contact my supervisor to see what we can do about this."

Literally 3 seconds later, "Oh good news sir. Your $15 fee has been waived. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

"Have a good weekend Brittany."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:53 pm 

Not the most riveting story but I was a little taken back by what Sirius was trying to do.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
just another company that treats existing customers worse than new customers. been with them over 10 years.

i renewed with them a few months ago. told them my company cut my hours at work and i could only afford their cheapest package. instead - they let me keep the same package at the rate of their cheapest package. thanks.

music. classic rewind/80s on 8 weekend countdowns/70s on 7 casey kasem weekend countdowns. don't listen much to post-1986 countdowns.

other. nhl radio/soccer radio/radio classics - old time radio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:06 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I recently subscribed after a 2 year break. I joined Sirius initially because of Howard. He's become a bore though, so I thought I could live without satellite radio. Nope. Still enjoy listening to CNBC, Eddie Trunk, and the fantasy football channel on Sunday's. Every once in a while I'll listen to Lithium, but I mostly use Spotify for music.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:21 pm 

Placed my yearly call into Sirius to renew. Told them I wanted the premium package with Howard Stern and NFL Radio at the rate I pay currently as I was disappointed they couldn't reach deals with Barstool or the Bonfire on Comedy Central. The lady said, 'I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do." I told her, "very well, cancel my subscription." "Sir, hang on, let me talk to my supervisor." Yada yada, instead of $120 for the year, got it at $75.

The Bonfire is actually coming back. I found that out earlier today. Also learned Dan Soder is dating Katie Nolan.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:47 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
just another company that treats existing customers worse than new customers. been with them over 10 years.

i renewed with them a few months ago. told them my company cut my hours at work and i could only afford their cheapest package. instead - they let me keep the same package at the rate of their cheapest package. thanks.

music. classic rewind/80s on 8 weekend countdowns/70s on 7 casey kasem weekend countdowns. don't listen much to post-1986 countdowns.

kasem's still around?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:01 am 

6 dollars a month is a pretty good deal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:17 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:

Damn good deal.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:06 pm 

whistler wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

kasem's still around?

the earlier the 70's weekly countdown - the stronger the voice. casey's countdown show was the only thing to listen to on the radio; early 1980's sunday mornings, when i was working. i think wmet had religious stuff on the radio until 10 am.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:08 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Placed my yearly call into Sirius to renew. Told them I wanted the premium package with Howard Stern and NFL Radio at the rate I pay currently as I was disappointed they couldn't reach deals with Barstool or the Bonfire on Comedy Central. The lady said, 'I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do." I told her, "very well, cancel my subscription." "Sir, hang on, let me talk to my supervisor." Yada yada, instead of $120 for the year, got it at $75.

The Bonfire is actually coming back. I found that out earlier today. Also learned Dan Soder is dating Katie Nolan.

good stuff, they hope you fold up and renew without a word. enough people must be cancelling where they'll work with you - only after you seem firm about cancelling or downgrading.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
blackhawksfan wrote:

unless you NEED stern i dont see the point when there is so much podcast content available for free or music from streaming services etc. anything over $0 seems silly

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:26 pm 

billypootons wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

unless you NEED stern i dont see the point when there is so much podcast content available for free or music from streaming services etc. anything over $0 seems silly

I gave up on Stern a long time ago but I mainly use it to listen to CNBC, NFL play by play, and a few shows like Eddie Trunk and fantasy football.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
billypootons wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

I'm sorry you're poor.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
I can't stand podcasts. Something about listening to a pre-recorded show I just can't get into. I prefer live radio. I also like being exposed to some new music on some of the music channels.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:05 pm 

I'm sure part of it is me being old and lazy, but I like Sirius and also don't really do podcasts... Also, with music, I usually don't think "I want to listen to "X" artist". Usually just a general theme and play me whatever.

Not sure I have a "top 3", but best guess would be
Alt Nation (36)
1st Wave (33)
Lithium (34)

One of my favorite parts of the app is having sports I'm looking for easily accessible. (again, maybe this is available elsewhere, but I'm lazy). Driving around on a Sunday and want the Steelers game, it's available. Or an Iowa State bball game on a random Tuesday, I can find it (although ISU bball these days.......... Go Football!!!).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:17 pm 

billypootons wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

I really enjoy Jim and Sam on Faction 103. That's my go-to. And of course The Bonfire on Comedy Central. I didn't NEED Stern but I love his interviews. I figured if I could talk my way into getting the extra channels (like Stern) for the same price, might as well. I had some bargaining with Barstool getting axed. That really sucked.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
I am grandfathered in or something because I have had SXM for like 10+ years I pay 7 bucks per month get everything but the sports and don't care about that in my ride anyway. I am afraid if I bring it to their attention I might have to fork out more $$. Never expires or renews just comes out of my account monthly on and on.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
27 is dedicated to Jimi Hendrix all this week

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
blackhawksfan wrote:
I recently subscribed after a 2 year break. I joined Sirius initially because of Howard. He's become a bore though, so I thought I could live without satellite radio. Nope. Still enjoy listening to CNBC, Eddie Trunk, and the fantasy football channel on Sunday's. Every once in a while I'll listen to Lithium, but I mostly use Spotify for music.

I'm thinking of getting rid of it...how much would I really miss it?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

Stern's two channels, 100 and 101. Then I bounce around on all of the music channels to catch something I like.

I know a lot of people say Stern sucks now. He's not the shock jock he once was, but he's still good. He can't be what he once was in today's world. But he'll still take it to a limit that nobody else does.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
27 is dedicated to Jimi Hendrix all this week
Mike McCready, lead guitarist for Pearl Jam, is going to be the guest DJ on the Hendrix channel for an hour on Friday nite. I forget if he starts at 7pm or 8pm.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.