It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:35 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
One day there was a traffic jam on 90 by the Allstate Arena and the guys at Arlington were discussing the cause of it. One of the younger guys said, "Oh, that's because the Korean Ladyboys are playing." For awhile I actually thought the name of the group was the Korean Ladyboys. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Welp, looks like summer is going to be shit again.

https://www.dailyherald.com/news/202104 ... r-in-a-row

The popular Eyes to the Skies festival in Lisle has been canceled for the second consecutive year due to the COVID-19 crisis.

Organizers pulled the plug on last year's event after the World Health Organization declared the coronavirus outbreak a pandemic, stressing the health and safety of attendees, volunteers, artists, vendors and the community as a whole.

According to an announcement on the event's website Friday, the celebration has been postponed again and is expected to return in 2022.

"Although we have made great strides over the past few months in containing and reducing the spread, it is with great sadness that we are announcing that the 2021 Eyes to the Skies festival and carnival will not be held this year either," the statement says.

As one of the largest summer celebrations in DuPage County, Eyes to the Skies typically draws tens of thousands of people to Community Park for food, carnival rides, fireworks and its signature hot-air balloons.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
That is disappointing and I'm a bit surprised. My fear is that other towns will follow suit. We need a few of the early ones to hold strong and run to pave the way for the others.
ugh.

so far, my band is booked for Grayslake's festival in August and that has yet to be cancelled.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:50 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
That is disappointing and I'm a bit surprised. My fear is that other towns will follow suit. We need a few of the early ones to hold strong and run to pave the way for the others.
ugh.

so far, my band is booked for Grayslake's festival in August and that has yet to be cancelled.

I always look forward Ribfest (now in Romeoville). So far it's still on with fewer tickets, but I wouldn't be shocked if they cancelled it as well.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 8:42 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
T-Bone wrote:
I have tickets for a show at Red Rocks in Colorado in early July. I am still feeling like they are going to postpone for 2nd year in a row. Summerfest has been bumped back to the first 3 weekends in September so that seems like it would have a better chance of happening at some kind of level.

Red Rocks has announced that they are doing full capacity seating by end of June so we made airfare and hotel arrangements for the show in July. We had almost listed the tickets for sale
a few weeks ago but decided we only live once and we are going to do it. I've never been out west so should be fun.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
McCareins_Fan wrote:
Got a ticket to see Godspeed You! Black Emperor in Minneapolis and Chicago, in March 2022. See you in the pit.

Saw them at the Abbey Pub with Black Dice. Amazing sound. They and Super Furry Animals (on another date) both brought their own sound in to augment the Abbey's house system. Crowd was mad faded; by the end of GY!BE's set the pit was maybe a dozen tripping fans doing semi-circles while drooling on themselves. 10/10

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
One day there was a traffic jam on 90 by the Allstate Arena and the guys at Arlington were discussing the cause of it. One of the younger guys said, "Oh, that's because the Korean Ladyboys are playing." For awhile I actually thought the name of the group was the Korean Ladyboys. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 10:36 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
Primus is hitting the road with Wolfmother. They're going to do the Rush album A Farewell to Kings in its entirety.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
MongoMuller wrote:
Primus is hitting the road with Wolfmother. They're going to do the Rush album A Farewell to Kings in its entirety.

I heard Wolfmother had visa issues and has been replaced.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:06 pm 

Attending Disco Biscuits at McHenry Outdoor Theater this evening.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:31 am 

Flying out to Denver, CO a week from today. Tix for a Friday show at Red Rocks with G. Love opening up for The Avett Bros. Was supposed to be 5th wedding anniversary trip for my wife
and I last year and bought the tickets 18 months ago. Guess it will be 6th anniversary instead. I have never been to Denver or to Colorado before so should be interesting. Any suggestions
for downtown or out near Red Rocks would be much appreciated. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
They played an ad on tv here for Elton John’s farewell tour. A show here in August I think but 2022. Mother fucker need farewelling for 4 years now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:05 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Flying out to Denver, CO a week from today. Tix for a Friday show at Red Rocks with G. Love opening up for The Avett Bros. Was supposed to be 5th wedding anniversary trip for my wife
and I last year and bought the tickets 18 months ago. Guess it will be 6th anniversary instead. I have never been to Denver or to Colorado before so should be interesting. Any suggestions

https://wynkoop.com/

Great food and outstanding beer.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:42 am 

Nice, I will put that on my list of places to check out Dan. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Sept 12,Primus ,Tribute to Kings. I will pay any amount for this.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
Tributosaurus becomes Tom Petty this weekend...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:11 am 

K Effective wrote:
Tributosaurus becomes Tom Petty this weekend...

Interesting. I’d like to see them when the become The Band. I should watch their schedule a bit. Probably doesn’t happen too often.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
MANY here are hoping for a Skynyrd reenactment..,.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:36 am 
1000 CLUB

Harvard Dan wrote:
MongoMuller wrote:

I heard Wolfmother had visa issues and has been replaced.

Its a shame they didn't hook up with Coheed and Cambria.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:39 am 

chaspoppcap wrote:
Sept 12,Primus ,Tribute to Kings. I will pay any amount for this.

Oysterhead show from Peach Festival Saturday evening. Only mentioned it as Les is in both bands (plus I'm a huge Copeland fan).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=deskt ... 8B-IxEVjbA

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:50 am 

Harvard Dan wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

https://wynkoop.com/

Great food and outstanding beer.

Dan I made it to Wynkoop and my wife and I sat out on the patio they had in the street. Nice day to have a beer and take in downtown Denver. We only spent a few hours downtown but saw Coors
Field and seemed like a nice city overall. Quite a few homeless. Colorado in general was pretty cool. We spent two mornings up in Boulder which was a very nice college town and drove out west a little bit to see some of the mountains. Red Rocks is an incredible venue to see a show as you can probably imagine. The actual concert was a bit of a let down as the band we saw played a lot of deep cuts
that we really didn't know and the lines for beer were pretty long. Once you got your beer than you literally had to hike up a bunch of stairs to get to your seats and at altitude that would take a little
bit out of you. Overall it was a good experience but no real rush to head back out that way. Got it checked off the bucket list.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:47 am 

They are having a 3 day concert series here in Kenosha this weekend. All tribute/cover bands. I'll add a link for anyone interested in seeing who will be covered.

https://tributeisland.com/?page_id=1180

I am seriously contemplating seeing the Pearl Jam cover band at 7pm tomorrow. It's like a mile from my house and might be fun, weather looks great. Also invited on our friends
boat which is where the wife will be. Game time decision I suppose.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:34 am 

The ones I've seen are Blackened, TNT Chicago, Infinity, and Maiden Chicago. All are good.

That's an expensive booking of bands, though. I'm always amazed what these bands get paid for the summer festival circuit....all to play other people's music. Many of them pull close to $10K a show. Ridiculous.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Sometimes the best thing about a tribute band is the name. Maiden Chicago is a good one. Smells Like Dave Grohl is pretty good too. American Idiots not bad...

Infinity...is that Journey?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:43 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
Sometimes the best thing about a tribute band is the name. Maiden Chicago is a good one. Smells Like Dave Grohl is pretty good too. American Idiots not bad...

Infinity...is that Journey?

Yes....they do about 5-6 Journey songs and then play a bunch of other classic rock covers.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:55 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
The ones I've seen are Blackened, TNT Chicago, Infinity, and Maiden Chicago. All are good.

That's an expensive booking of bands, though. I'm always amazed what these bands get paid for the summer festival circuit....all to play other people's music. Many of them pull close to $10K a show. Ridiculous.

It’s $10 to get in tomorrow night so I’ll be interested to see how many are there. I’m going in with no real expectations

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:01 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
T-Bone wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
I have tickets for a show at Red Rocks in Colorado in early July. I am still feeling like they are going to postpone for 2nd year in a row. Summerfest has been bumped back to the first 3 weekends in September so that seems like it would have a better chance of happening at some kind of level.

Red Rocks has announced that they are doing full capacity seating by end of June so we made airfare and hotel arrangements for the show in July. We had almost listed the tickets for sale
a few weeks ago but decided we only live once and we are going to do it. I've never been out west so should be fun.

Gonna see Wilco at Red Rocks next month. Gonna check out that place Dan recommended.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:13 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Gonna see Wilco at Red Rocks next month. Gonna check out that place Dan recommended.

Enjoy. I recommend heading out to Red Rocks during the day. Great views and you can familiarize yourself with things. PM me with any questions on parking or anything. Might have some insights for you. This is assuming you’ve never been. Sounds like a blast!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:12 am 

Pearl Jam cover band by the name of Corduroy was not bad. I guess they are based out of Chicago so for any fans out there you might enjoy checking them out if near you. Band sounded good. No one really sounds like Eddie Vedder so the vocals weren’t the best but passable. Guy had a bottle of wine up there with him and everything. Couple hundred people watching. Snagged a picnic table about 50 yards back from the stage.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:42 am 

Limp Bizkit is at lollapalooza today