It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Def Leppard- Animal
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
When I listen to this song I envision a guy with a mullet, wearing a leather jacket(shirtless), sitting on a 1987 Camaro, smoking a cigarette on a hot and sunny day in L.A. Good tune!

Post subject: Re: Def Leppard- Animal
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
did he have only 1 arm?

3 good albums in succession.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
When I listen to this song it only stays on as long as it takes for me to change it. Def Leppard died after pyromania.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
That whole album is amazing. It could be a top ten album of all time.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Hysteria is one of the best sounding albums ever. It's desert island material for me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Hysteria is one of the best sounding albums ever. It's desert island material for me.

Agreed. Again its top 10 albums all time for me. Amongst DSoTM, AIC Unplugged, 311 Music, London Calling, Thriller, Natural Mystic, Damn the Torpedoes, Operation Mindcrime, The Wall.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:34 pm 

I can appreciate it but similar to second generation Aerosmith just too overproduced for me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Women, Animal, and Rocket all sound the same to me, but I like them anyway. Love Bites and Pour some Sugar on Me are favorites. Such a good time when I was young. It is a good album and can still listen to it. A few have held up, this was one of them.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I loved Hysteria when it came out. I was also in 3rd grade. IMO most music has a shelf life and I have heard every song off this album a billion times and I just have no need to ever hear any of it again. It does sound like they spent 3 years and millions of dollars producing the shit out of it and thats great but the songs IMO are not that great. I could listen to Too Late For Love on repeat forever because its just so damn raw and good. Their earlier stuff is just so freakin good before Mutt decided to polish the shit out of their sound.

Listen to Shania Twain's "Honey I'm Home" and Def Leppard's "Let's get rocked" back to back and tell me you still love the mutt lange over produced sound era.

I thought Mutt started with Hysteria but I guess he was around the whole time. He must not have meddled much initially.

Last edited by Urlacher's missing neck on Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
High and Dry is their best one. No question. On Through the Night is great as well. They suck after that. Teenybopper crap. Pour some sugar on your dick and light it up pussy.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:15 pm 

Scooter wrote:
High and Dry is their best one. No question. On Through the Night is great as well. They suck after that. Teenybopper crap. Pour some sugar on your dick and light it up pussy.

I hear you. Mutt Lange is gay.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
pittmike wrote:
I can appreciate it but similar to second generation Aerosmith just too overproduced for me.

Those Aerosmith albums sounded awful to me. I don't know who's bright idea it was to add those horns. Rag Doll might be the worst song I've ever heard.

I think Hysteria is one of the best produced albums ever. They had to figure out a way to make those drums sound right with the guitars. No easy task. With electric drums the album was going to sound like a slick production but I think it matched the material and still sounds great today. I can only think of one clunker on the album and that was "Women". Over the years I think I've learned every song on that album except for Women and Gods of War.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:52 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
pittmike wrote:

Scooter wrote:
High and Dry is their best one. No question.

These 2 points here.

Hysteria is a fake, overproduced pile of garbage. I don't think all the songs on Hysteria are bad, Women, Rocket, and Pour Some Sugar on Me are some of the worse songs ever. I hate Mutt Lange.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:20 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Hysteria is one of the best sounding albums ever.

You really think so? I've never liked their drum sound. And I'm not talking about the way the guy played. I mean the sound.

I do respect those guys for not kicking their friend out after he lost an arm and figuring out a way to make it work. I think Joe Elliot is a great guy with impeccable taste, so it's kind of strange that I dislike his band so much.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:21 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I'm not the biggest Def Leppard fan or 80's hair metal fan in general, but the songs + the production on a couple of their albums are great. Didn't they have like 6 hit singles off that album?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You really think so? I've never liked their drum sound. And I'm not talking about the way the guy played. I mean the sound.

I do respect those guys for not kicking their friend out after he lost an arm and figuring out a way to make it work. I think Joe Elliot is a great guy with impeccable taste, so it's kind of strange that I dislike his band so much.

You didn't like the drum sound because it's well documented they weren't drums :lol:
Pyromania and Hysteria were drum machines. As was other Mutt Lange stuff like the Cars Heartbeat City.

Mutt Lange clearly knew how to make commercially popular music, but that doesn't make it good. Mutt jumped the shark after "For Those About To Rock We salute you". The guy knows songs and production....he just let $$ get in the way of good music. He produced Def Leppard and Shania Twain (yes we all know he also married her). Shania's steaming pile of crap hit "Any Man Of Mine" sounds just like "Pour Some Sugar On Me" :puker:

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
'Long, Long Way to Go' is my favorite post Hysteria track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9tt8d132BM

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
BigW72 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You didn't like the drum sound because it's well documented they weren't drums :lol:
Pyromania and Hysteria were drum machines. As was other Mutt Lange stuff like the Cars Heartbeat City.

Mutt Lange clearly knew how to make commercially popular music, but that doesn't make it good. Mutt jumped the shark after "For Those About To Rock We salute you". The guy knows songs and production....he just let $$ get in the way of good music. He produced Def Leppard and Shania Twain (yes we all know he also married her). Shania's steaming pile of crap hit "Any Man Of Mine" sounds just like "Pour Some Sugar On Me" :puker:

Damn, I didnt realize that another shania pile of crap sounds just like one of their songs. I always thought it was just "honey i'm home" and "lets get rocked".