It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 8:12 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
In HS my Mom had a block of summer concert tickets at Poplar Creek. She was out of town for one of the shows and made my brother and I go in her place.
Kenny fucking G.
It was just awful.

Worst performance from a band I liked was probably the Lemonheads. Evan Dando was barely able to stand and play through the show.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 10:07 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Neil Young played a bunch of random acoustic crap that I didn't know. But Duck Dunn on bass and Steve Cropper on guitar made it worthwhile.

Tom Petty in like 2000/2001 in Tinley was pretty bad. They played all the hits, but it was fucking boring as shit. The band was just going through the motions. There was no energy or emotion.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I've enjoyed most of the shows I've been to but about 2015 or so I was sent an e-mail from the group that operates most of the theaters in Milwaukee that they had free tickets to Amos Lee if I wanted them. My wife and I decided to go as we enjoy some of his stuff. The seats were in the upper deck and I don't know if it was just our dumb luck or what but there were multiple lights that seemed to be pointing right at us from a couple different directions. They would swing around in a pattern, but about every 60 seconds or so they would shine right in our eyes. We put up with it for 3 songs or so hoping it would change the pattern but in the end we just decided to walk out as the concert wasn't doing that much for us either.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 1:23 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Tom Petty in like 2000/2001 in Tinley was pretty bad. They played all the hits, but it was fucking boring as shit. The band was just going through the motions. There was no energy or emotion.

That's the funny story from when the Replacements were out on the road with them. The Petty guys thought the Replacements were unprofessional. They were. Rock and roll isn't supposed to be professional. Petty played the same set every night with the same tired jokes in the exact same places. They were like a machine. They're not my thing, but there's something to be said for guys like the Dead or Phish that never do the same thing twice.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Xrt show in Tinley Park...los lobos opened for lou reed.

What a terrible pairing.

Lou was absolutely horrible. Highlight of the set, a "joke" about a kid who committed suicide. That Lou, such a card.

Another horribly horrible show was Dylan at Alpine backed up by Petty. Dylan is famous for being terrible live...I was witness to the bad.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 7:23 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
There was a drum and bass night somewhere in the city (UK dance music. The original/proper version of dubstep, if you will) and I was finally supposed to see my guys ed rush and optical, but some body got sick.or sonething and one way or another Ed rush snd optical dropped out of the gig, leaving LTJ Bukem and his stupid gold sunglasses as the headliner.

Now I'm not gonna lie, the crowd was pretty pathetic. I remember one girl "dancing" like she bent over holding the tops of her toes while she stepped about like "holy shit I want what she's on" but still thats not an excuse for what that assbag LTJ.Bukem did. He'd come out from.behind the curtain on the stage, survey the sad situation that was the crowd, shake his head or bury his face in his hands before he proceeded to quickly mix one record to the next in ~30-45secs then once he switched to the new record he'd disappear behind the curtain for 3-4mins, then come back out sigh/ shake his head / etc quick mix to the next record and go back behind the curtain for another 3-4mins.

After about 4-5 songs of doing this I had to walk out on the guy cuz not only was he #NotMyHeadliner but he was doing this minimal effort bullshit that really killed any "vibe" we coulda had.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
GoldenJet wrote:
Xrt show in Tinley Park...los lobos opened for lou reed.

What a terrible pairing.

Lou was absolutely horrible. Highlight of the set, a "joke" about a kid who committed suicide. That Lou, such a card.

Another horribly horrible show was Dylan at Alpine backed up by Petty. Dylan is famous for being terrible live...I was witness to the bad.

It never fails to amaze me that Lou Reed had a "career". Or that Velvet Underground did either. Why listen to music that is so atonal? and Bob Dylan is terrible live because the dude can't hold a tune in a bucket.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 10:31 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

That's the funny story from when the Replacements were out on the road with them. The Petty guys thought the Replacements were unprofessional. They were. Rock and roll isn't supposed to be professional. Petty played the same set every night with the same tired jokes in the exact same places. They were like a machine. They're not my thing, but there's something to be said for guys like the Dead or Phish that never do the same thing twice.
I would think a full tour of the same set night in and night out would be fucking terrible to play. The first few nights would fun, but I think the novelty would wear off quick.

Even the same mostly the same songs but a different order would liven it up a bit.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 10:41 am 
1000 CLUB

The Spinners were awful. This was in Schaumburg perhaps five years ago. The one guy's voice was destroyed.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Bon Jovi in Tinley Park in 2001 with Eve 6 opening.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 1:45 pm 

My sons recorder concert at school, wow it was bad.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Maroon 5 at a corporate event in Vegas. Boring, bland, dull.

More controversial, Jimmy Buffett in Tinley. Everyone standing around drinking waiting for “Margaritaville.” The rest of the time continue to stand around drinking.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
soul asylum at the cubbie bear. everyone there just wanted them to play their one hit but the lead singer was so wasted it was painful to watch

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
GoldenJet wrote:
Brick wrote:
Counting Crows.

Xrt show at The Riviera.

45 minutes of hell. At least they ducked out early.

I saw the at the Vic and they were fantastic.

Worst part of the night was driving home with my new girlfriend and her hot friend and I had to take an explosive #2. I raced home, dropped the girls off, and barely made it home. The entire drive home I was worried I was going to shit in my pants.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Doobie Brothers

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 8:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
Springsteen in 2008 I think at the BAC in Sunrise. I'm not a fan of his songs or his band so it was probably more me than them although the show didn't get great reviews. He played a lot of stuff off his new album and the band looked old. One of the guys in the band had just died and the sax player had to sit down between songs. Springsteen was doing a lot of political ranting about conspiracies between songs which got old fast. The new stuff wasn't going over and the crowd wasn't really into it. It was just a tedious show for me.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 11:59 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
MongoMuller wrote:
Springsteen in 2008 I think at the BAC in Sunrise. I'm not a fan of his songs or his band so it was probably more me than them although the show didn't get great reviews. He played a lot of stuff off his new album and the band looked old. One of the guys in the band had just died and the sax player had to sit down between songs. Springsteen was doing a lot of political ranting about conspiracies between songs which got old fast. The new stuff wasn't going over and the crowd wasn't really into it. It was just a tedious show for me.

And people mock Foo Fighters. Does it get anymore Blah than Springsteen?

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Heisenberg wrote:
Maroon 5 at a corporate event in Vegas. Boring, bland, dull.

More controversial, Jimmy Buffett in Tinley. Everyone standing around drinking waiting for “Margaritaville.” The rest of the time continue to stand around drinking.

I've seen Buffett more times than I choose to admit as my ex-wife was an uber fan. First concert I ever saw of his was at Alpine Valley and it rained hard the entire show. We had gotten
there early so needed to wait a while to get out and then her little Saturn got stuck in the mud. Took a long time to get it pushed out and on the road. That should have been my last
show. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Nardi wrote:
MongoMuller wrote:

And people mock Foo Fighters. Does it get anymore Blah than Springsteen?

I can see the Springsteen complaints. His songs are by far my most favorite as an angst ridden young man. I still love them but when I saw him last you are spot on the ranting and preacher act was way over and I am done with him live. Its too bad they sometimes seem to forget and think they become bigger than themselves. I had heard same about U2 ahead of time for same reason and avoided them.

By chance in my feed I caught an interview snippet of Dan Rather interviewing Paul Stanley of Kiss. He didn't say much but he made clear from the start and to the end he just want to give the show the people want to see. Or in the beginning what they were not seeing themselves. Rock concerts are not really that hard.