It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I see they are headlining several festivals this summer. It's crazy, stay around long enough and you go from a band everyone makes fun of to a band headlining a festival.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 6:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
What do you mean by cool AGAIN? :P

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 6:58 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
What do you mean by cool AGAIN? :P

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 7:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
As much as I hate to say it it, they have some degree of cool from having ‘My Way” playing over the Rock-Austin WM promo.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Limp Bizkit is absolutely cool. Fred Durst screaming is cool. Fred Durst rapping is fucking awful. Is Wes back with the band? Last I saw him he was on HGTV renovating his shack in Michigan with his wife. He was impressive. He could actually do shit around the house with real tools.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 7:57 pm 

They had enough good songs spanning 3 albums to be considered good. Why theyre still popular? I think because the whole world sucks so much that its mermaiding them

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
the carman commercial last year or whatever was pretty good.

Last edited by Spaulding on Fri May 28, 2021 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 9:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Haven’t thought about this band in 20 years, kinda surprised they’re still making music. Had no idea.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
My oldest son went to a Limp Bizkit concert a couple of years ago, he thought it was fun. Kinda surprised me.

I just told him it was some of that he said/she said bullshit

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 12:28 am 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
I generally think of them as an above average band with a sub-average frontman/singer/lyricist.
See also: Motley Crue, Ratt, Rage Against The Machine (some might say Smashing Pumpkins, I would not be one of those people).
These guys could PLAY, but the singer got in the way. The music itself in "My Way", "Break Shit", even "Nookie" are all bomb tracks with bad vocal performances/lyrics. Limp Bizkit has never offended me to the level of a Godsmack, Sublime, or Disturbed level of disgust. Durst is a pretty funny guy to boot. It's fine.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 6:25 am 

I didn't like Limp Bizkit in high school because they were at their peak popularity. Every white dude was wearing a red baseball cap backwards, that whole thing. It was a little too much for me. In 2021 I would consider myself a greatest hits fan and would probably see them live.

I'm having 1999 flashbacks. One of my friends played Limp Bizkit, Rob Zombie, Insane Clown Possie, Korn, and Kid Rock everyday in the car. Remember when Insane Clown Possie was a thing? That was some shitty music! LOL

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 7:43 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
blackhawksfan wrote:
I didn't like Limp Bizkit in high school because they were at their peak popularity. Every white dude was wearing a red baseball cap backwards, that whole thing. It was a little too much for me. In 2021 I would consider myself a greatest hits fan and would probably see them live.

I'm having 1999 flashbacks. One of my friends played Limp Bizkit, Rob Zombie, Insane Clown Possie, Korn, and Kid Rock everyday in the car. Remember when Insane Clown Possie was a thing? That was some shitty music! LOL

Had a friend in high school who eventually became some sort of venue guy who set up shows. I think he mostly worked in the city but did the Gathering of the Juggallo thing a few times. If I recall correctly he was not disappointed when he didn't have to do it anymore. Can't remember if he got senior enough to say no or the contract went somewhere else or if he even mentioned why but he was happy to be done with it.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 8:00 am 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Had a friend in high school who eventually became some sort of venue guy who set up shows. I think he mostly worked in the city but did the Gathering of the Juggallo thing a few times. If I recall correctly he was not disappointed when he didn't have to do it anymore. Can't remember if he got senior enough to say no or the contract went somewhere else or if he even mentioned why but he was happy to be done with it.

Fred Durst's lyrics are sophisticated works of art after listening to ICP lol

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
When I look at active topics on this forum on my phone I only see the title (my phone is too small and my eyes are too bad to read it in landscape). I play a game in which I try to guess who created the topic. My highest hit rate if for blackhawksfan. Yes, I got this one right too.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
shirtless driver wrote:
I generally think of them as an above average band with a sub-average frontman/singer/lyricist.
See also: Motley Crue, Ratt, Rage Against The Machine (some might say Smashing Pumpkins, I would not be one of those people).
These guys could PLAY, but the singer got in the way. The music itself in "My Way", "Break Shit", even "Nookie" are all bomb tracks with bad vocal performances/lyrics. Limp Bizkit has never offended me to the level of a Godsmack, Sublime, or Disturbed level of disgust. Durst is a pretty funny guy to boot. It's fine.

Sublime disgusts you?
I've never heard anyone say that.
Why for God's sake?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
"Rome" kind of disgusts me as he is a giant douche. Sublime is outstanding though in their original state.

Stephen Pearcy is kind of a giant asshole but Ratt would not be Ratt without him regardless of how well they could play and write. He is still touring and looks like an absolute burnt out old biker. He is a little older than most of the guys from that era though clocking in at 64 or 65. They are playing the washington or waukesha county fair this summer. Who's in!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:30 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
shirtless driver wrote:

Smashing Pumpkins doesn't fit that equation because while Billy has an annoying voice he literally is the smashing pumpkins and they couldn't be what they are without his songwriting and whiny voice. I get the point but it isn't apples for apples in that case. Billy is more like Dylan in that he is a songwriter who's voices annoys a large segments of the fans.

Zack was essential to RATM. his voice was bad but it was the raw cutting strident in their sound. Much prefer RATM to Audioslave although Cornell as a singer is millions of miles above what De LaRocha could ever imagine himself to be. Crue isn't crue without Vince either, he just screams 80's frontman. Like Tupac and Biggie you gotta live the life and Vince killing his friend in a drunk driving accident is definitely rock and roll. I wish I went and saw fat vince play in Downers Grove a couple years ago though... I mean just because lol. I've worked with a lot of bands from that era and man some stay on their game and some don't... Watching that car crash (pun intended) would have been fun.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Three Dollar Bill Y'all was innovative as all hell. Significant Other - a play on Korn's Follow the Leader, was really fucking good.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:31 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
My 23 year old niece saw them at Lolla. They played opposite Megan Thee Stallion but she and her friends refused to leave because they were having so much fun at Limp Bizkit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I watched the set (on youtube). It was fun. Wes is still an animal.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
I mean, let's be fair, everyone knows the lyrics to Nookie. It was a great song, no matter how much you hate Durst. That said, it doesn't make them cool again because they were never cool in the first place.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:29 pm 

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
I mean, let's be fair, everyone knows the lyrics to Nookie. It was a great song, no matter how much you hate Durst. That said, it doesn't make them cool again because they were never cool in the first place.

The movie Durst directed wasn't terrible either Yeah Nookie was painfully on the nose but it fit the era and was fun. True though that Durst was never "cool" he was always only popular in a Joe Dirt way. Doesn't mean he wasn't entertaining. He also did a good job of marketing himself and his band, which much better musicians have no ability to do and that is part of the job.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:32 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:

I worked as a guitar Tech and did backline for a while. The company I worked for, rented to Wes for a show here a few years back. They were so pissed because the gear he rented he absolutely destroyed on stage, so the main guy just hates hates hates Wes. In fairness to Borland he covered all damages and it was part of the show not because he was being a dick. I understand the annoyance for sure but it is funny mentioning him to that guy. his face turns beet red still years later lol. Ha he is a hair metal fan anyway and hated any of those nu metal acts. If Gary Hoey did it he would have thought he was super awesome lol.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:39 pm 

if he paid for damages, whats there to be mad about?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:41 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
My 23 year old niece saw them at Lolla. They played opposite Megan Thee Stallion but she and her friends refused to leave because they were having so much fun at Limp Bizkit.

old white music beats new black every time.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:57 pm 

Wes is still an animal.

He sure is. But I dont get how he can play all that time with that mask on

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's

Once upon a time, my interest in Limp Bizkit was "The cover of faith was cool and Nookie is fucking awesome". I recall giving Chocolate Starfish a listen and it was forgettable.

Out of curiosity I watched the Lolla performance and was shocked at how good it was. Yeah...Wes was an animal.[/quote]
Erotic Lawyer wrote:
If Gary Hoey did it he would have thought he was super awesome lol.
:lol: :lol: Gary Hoey....that's digging deep into the obscure!

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Erotic Lawyer wrote:
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:

The movie Durst directed wasn't terrible either Yeah Nookie was painfully on the nose but it fit the era and was fun. True though that Durst was never "cool" he was always only popular in a Joe Dirt way. Doesn't mean he wasn't entertaining. He also did a good job of marketing himself and his band, which much better musicians have no ability to do and that is part of the job.

Totally agree with this take.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:55 am 

Erotic Lawyer wrote:

define what cool is, in your eyes. because you just defined what is cool.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:22 am 

I can see how twenty something's would find a band like Limp Bizkit so fun. They've grown up in a politically correct, afraid to say anything, surrounded by dorks making "statements" on Twitter. I feel sorry for the young lads.