It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
We got our tickets tonight for all three nights of Phish at Alpine in August. Cannot fuckin wait

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
FavreFan wrote:
We got our tickets tonight for all three nights of Phish at Alpine in August. Cannot fuckin wait

Still deciding on that one. We are going to go seen Ween both nights this weekend at the Riv. Also trying to get tickets for:

SOUTH PARK 25TH ANNIVERSARY CONCERT - TREY PARKER & MATT STONE, PRIMUS, AND WEEN on 8/10 at Red Rocks...

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
A concert!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
watched a fair number of sets from Coachella over the weekend on Youtube. Its an annual tradition for me, it's almost like people watching. I love it. And bc i actually go to real concerts in person you can't pull that 'watching a concert on youtube isn't like going to a concert bullshit' on me

Friday night i actually did go to a show , when i got home around 1am Harry Styles was starting. Pitchfork basically said he was competent but stiff. I never even heard Watermelon Sugar before, the only song I knew is the single he just put out. I have to say i was pretty impressed with the set, I liked it quite a bit. Not knowing much about him i was surprised that a lot of the material seemed to lean in a country direction, then he ended up bringing out Shania Twian later in the set

I stayed up until 1am Saturday to watch Freddie Gibbs & Madlib, only to find Madlib bailed on it last minute. Not the same. Freddie is still pretty funny tho

But for me the absolute highlight of the weekend was Danny Elfman
The set was a hybrid of film scores and themes and Oingo Boingo stuff
Dead Man's Party was killer
and of course the Simpsons theme
I have some torrents of past livestreamed sets, i really hope I can find that one on the internet somewhere. And while he had a giant orchestra (and Wes Borland on guitar) , if he tours some version of that show i'd go in a heartbeat it was super fun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Was there a hologram of Thornton Melon snorkeling during Dead Man's Party? He looks pretty damn good for 68.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:21 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
KDdidit wrote:
A concert!

Have you heard this guy? He's terrible. Whoever is promoting this should be ashamed. I have no beef with the guy getting paid. He's gotta eat. But trotting his untalented ass out there to profit off the thing that makes him notable is obscene. Say what you will about Manson, "Look At Your Game, Girl" is a good song.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 8:01 am 

i get that they do this every year, for charity yada yada
but such a bizarre lineup :lol:
is Juliana Hatfield going to sing My Sister with Bernie Williams and Peter Gammons ?

Quote:
Hot Stove Cool Music featuring Mavis Staples, Juliana Hatfield, Ted Leo, Scott Lucas, Kay Hanley, Gail Greenwood with Peter Gammons, Bernie Williams, Will Dailey, Matt Spiegel, Josh Kantor, Chicago & Boston Hot Stove All Stars, Chicago Children’s Choir, and more

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 8:03 am 

wait
Gail Greenwood with Peter Gammons ??
are they going to do Pretend we're dead ?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I'm seeing Coldplay on the 29th and Rammstein in September

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
A concert!

Have you heard this guy? He's terrible. Whoever is promoting this should be ashamed. I have no beef with the guy getting paid. He's gotta eat. But trotting his untalented ass out there to profit off the thing that makes him notable is obscene. Say what you will about Manson, "Look At Your Game, Girl" is a good song.

Thought his family was loaded, oil money from Denver or some shit. His mom used to send a limo to pick him up from the nut-house in DC and drive Hinckley 150 miles down to colonial Williamsburg for his 2 weeks a month furloughs to hang with her.

Maybe they'll parole Chapman and they can tour together.

Given the insane popularity of all things true crime, how long til we see paroled killers doing meet and greet tours. Karla Homolka could make bank.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 12:01 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Hussra wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
A concert!

Thought his family was loaded, oil money from Denver or some shit. His mom used to send a limo to pick him up from the nut-house in DC and drive Hinckley 150 miles down to colonial Williamsburg for his 2 weeks a month furloughs to hang with her.

Given the insane popularity of all things true crime, how long til we see paroled killers doing meet and greet tours. Karla Homolka could make bank.

It's like how every mobster is now spilling his guts on a Youtube channel. So much for omerta!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:22 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
BigW72 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
A concert!

It's like how every mobster is now spilling his guts on a Youtube channel. So much for omerta!

The Francese/Gravano beef is gold.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:55 pm 

A couple of muso friends looking at getting last minute tickets to see Primus performing Farewell to Kings tonight at BMO...last time I saw Primus there I was slightly underwhelmed. It was a good show, but didn't really blow me away.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:31 am 

Harvard Dan wrote:
A couple of muso friends looking at getting last minute tickets to see Primus performing Farewell to Kings tonight at BMO...last time I saw Primus there I was slightly underwhelmed. It was a good show, but didn't really blow me away.

Primus is a group of ultra-amazing musicians. The tribute tour for Farewell to Kings is honorable and from the footage I saw....very well done. That being said....Les Claypool singing Geddy is incredibly painful.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:59 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:

Primus is a group of ultra-amazing musicians. The tribute tour for Farewell to Kings is honorable and from the footage I saw....very well done. That being said....Les Claypool singing Geddy is incredibly painful.

With that in mind, I found out today I'll be eligible for the Primus/Ween/25th Anniversary of South Park added concert pre-sale. Looks like I'll be heading off to Colorado in the middle of August.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:11 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Harvard Dan wrote:

Fuck Primus

And fuck my hot-rod.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:33 am 

whistler wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:

Fuck Primus

And fuck my hot-rod.

Would that be the hot-rod that Jesus built?

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:34 am 

Harvard Dan wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:

With that in mind, I found out today I'll be eligible for the Primus/Ween/25th Anniversary of South Park added concert pre-sale. Looks like I'll be heading off to Colorado in the middle of August.

Did score two and we are going to road trip it. Hitting KC on the way out and may come back through Omaha.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:23 am 

Hulu has the Bonnaroo festival thing free this weekend so I checked it out. I have seen All Time Low before and they can rock it and they were on the bill so I periodically checked in to see if they were on. What in the fucking fuck is this horseshit that they are subjecting todays youth to? Multiple acts have consisted of one dude with a computer and a keyboard. It sounds fucking terrible and yet thousands of people are rocking out to this. There are no instruments, no one is speaking, no one is singing and it goes on for like a 30 plus minute set. How has music devolved to the point where there is no music at all...just a high douchenozzle with a computer and a speaker.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:26 am 

Speaking of real concerts....I am seriously considering grabbing some tix to Tom Kiefer, LA Guns and Faster Pussycat in St Charles in a few weeks. That is such a good lineup and these guys wont be around forever. Kiefer is an outstanding musician and kills it when his voice is working for him. Traci is one of my favorite guitarists of that era and can absolutely shred. As far as Faster goes i am surprised they are still alive and am ready to mark out for Bathroom Wall.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:40 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Speaking of real concerts....I am seriously considering grabbing some tix to Tom Kiefer, LA Guns and Faster Pussycat in St Charles in a few weeks. That is such a good lineup and these guys wont be around forever. Kiefer is an outstanding musician and kills it when his voice is working for him. Traci is one of my favorite guitarists of that era and can absolutely shred. As far as Faster goes i am surprised they are still alive and am ready to mark out for Bathroom Wall.

I saw Tom Kiefer at the Cubby Bear in 2013...solo Jon Corabi opened up. Both were very very very good. Most of Kiefer's stuff now is straight blues rock, but he screams out a few Cinderalla classics. It would be worth seeing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:25 pm 

Co-worker talked me into getting ZZ Top w/Anne Wilson of Heart tickets. Wilson cancelled so I guess Collective Soul is opening now...

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:10 pm 

Wow, 7pm show that starts at 7pm, fifty more minutes of Collective Soul till ZZ Top...

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:57 pm 

whistler wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:

Fuck Primus

And fuck my hot-rod.

It's Primus Sucks, not Fuck Primus.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:26 am 

Looks like I'll be at Wrigley on Friday to see this ridiculous line up of washed-up money-grab posers (Crue, Def Leppard Poison.)

Only redeeming part of it is the tickets were free :lol: I fully expect Motley Crue and Def Leppard to be 90% pre-recorded.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
BigW72 wrote:
Looks like I'll be at Wrigley on Friday to see this ridiculous line up of washed-up money-grab posers (Crue, Def Leppard Poison.)

Only redeeming part of it is the tickets were free :lol: I fully expect Motley Crue and Def Leppard to be 90% pre-recorded.

What has 9 arms and sucks?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:42 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

What has 9 arms and sucks?

Ha!! Love that joke, and free would probably be the only way I'd go after paying $45 plus fees for an hour of Collective Soul and seventy-five minutes of ZZ Top. It was good live music, but free would be better.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
life?--Gener and Deaner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next