It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
75 minutes seems light.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Looks like I'll be at Wrigley on Friday to see this ridiculous line up of washed-up money-grab posers (Crue, Def Leppard Poison.)

Only redeeming part of it is the tickets were free :lol: I fully expect Motley Crue and Def Leppard to be 90% pre-recorded.

What has 9 arms and sucks?
The White Sox bullpen.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Harvard Dan wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Looks like I'll be at Wrigley on Friday to see this ridiculous line up of washed-up money-grab posers (Crue, Def Leppard Poison.)

Only redeeming part of it is the tickets were free :lol: I fully expect Motley Crue and Def Leppard to be 90% pre-recorded.

Ha!! Love that joke, and free would probably be the only way I'd go after paying $45 plus fees for an hour of Collective Soul and seventy-five minutes of ZZ Top. It was good live music, but free would be better.

I saw ZZ Top NINE years ago and thought "God Damn, these guys look really old!"

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:14 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

Ha!! Love that joke, and free would probably be the only way I'd go after paying $45 plus fees for an hour of Collective Soul and seventy-five minutes of ZZ Top. It was good live music, but free would be better.

I saw ZZ Top NINE years ago and thought "God Damn, these guys look really old!"

Well one of the ones you saw died so there is that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:41 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
BigW72 wrote:

My buddy got an extra and asked me if I wanted to go. For $200- fuck no. Vince Neil was awful when I saw them a couple years ago. I loved the hair bands back in the day especially Motley Crue but that concert seems like an absolute shitshow. For free, I'd go. Hope you enjoy it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:50 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
The Stones can still play, even without Charlie. Actually, the replacement drummer is excellent.

The recent Hyde Park concert in London sounded great. Mick at age 78 is a better singer than Axl Rose at age 60. Axl has zero voice now.

In the same week but at different venues, the Stones and Guns and Roses played in London. How lucky the Londoners were to have them both.

Here's Gimmie Shelter. Keif still has the chops, playing a 1954 blonde Telecaster here. 78 year-old guitarist playing a 68 year old instrument!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnqb5cxhcOA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:47 am 

Dignified Rube wrote:
The Stones can still play, even without Charlie. Actually, the replacement drummer is excellent.

The recent Hyde Park concert in London sounded great. Mick at age 78 is a better singer than Axl Rose at age 60. Axl has zero voice now.

In the same week but at different venues, the Stones and Guns and Roses played in London. How lucky the Londoners were to have them both.

Here's Gimmie Shelter. Keif still has the chops, playing a 1954 blonde Telecaster here. 78 year-old guitarist playing a 68 year old instrument!

I would say Mick is more of a talker than singer but it could be worse. BTW Keith is not playing a telecaster.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Dignified Rube wrote:

Steve Jordan is an accomplished drummer, going back to Saturday Night Live (recorded most Blues Brothers albums but not in movie due to other commitments), Late Night with David Letterman (before Anton Fig),and was in Keith Richards side project (X-Pensive Winos).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Jordan_(drummer)

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
pittmike wrote:
I would say Mick is more of a talker than singer but it could be worse. BTW Keith is not playing a telecaster.

What is the guitar then? Kind of hard to spot the details.

Keith has a great tone for this concert---raw and dirty, like it should be.

You can tell Ron Wood is really into it, too.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:43 pm 

Dignified Rube wrote:
pittmike wrote:

What is the guitar then? Kind of hard to spot the details.

Keith has a great tone for this concert---raw and dirty, like it should be.

You can tell Ron Wood is really into it, too.

Right at the start he hands off his Telecaster and for Gimme Shelter he is playing a Gibson Les Paul Junior.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:55 pm 

Big W answered it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
BigW72 wrote:

How did u get the free tix??

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:58 am 

BigW72 wrote:

Where's the review asshole?

WHy did u even go if you hate this lineup?

WHy not give the free tix to somebody that REALLY wanted to actually go?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:37 pm 

Joan Jett started at 4:30....pretty tough to make that in time on a Friday afternoon and sure enough, I had work drama to settle before we headed to the city.
Parked in the Camry lot for the low price of $100 :lol: Overall....traffic to the lot wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been.
Our tickets were section FIELD G, which turned out to be very nice and we made it in right before 6:00 to see Poison start their set.
Poison - It's sad that you have to give credit to band for being 100% live but that's the world we live in. Poison was 100% live...no tracks. Short guitar solo by CC Deville that sounded like he stole quite a few Randy Rhoads licks and then he did EVH tribute with the tapping portion of Eruption...it was nicely done. Poison sounded good.

Motley Crue - Vince Neal seemed winded and exhausted after the first song. As expected....Mick Mars looks like he's about to die any day now. Whoever was in charge of mixing sound for Motley Crue should be fired immediately...it was TERRIBLE. Their set list was fine, but they had quite a bit of backing tracks and I was told by a credible source....Nikki Sixx bass wasn't even plugged in. In this day and age of MeToo and wokeness....the Crue still acted like it was 1987. They had 2 very attractive women dressed like strippers dancing and pretending to sing back up, as well as 2 giant blow up stripper dolls on stage. I applaud them staying true to form, but their concert musically was just complete garbage.

Def Leppard - I like the High N Dry album a lot, but pass on anything after that. I'm not much of a fan of theirs. Much to my surprise, they had a very good show Yes, some backing vocal tracks behind them to help, but mostly still live. 3 Acoustic songs in the middle which were really well done. Pleasantly surprised at the quality of their show.

For being on the field at Wrigley, it was cool to be able to walk by the dugouts and my wife and I got a picture in front of the ivy. I'm glad we went.....it was a good time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

BigW72 wrote:
Joan Jett started at 4:30....pretty tough to make that in time on a Friday afternoon and sure enough, I had work drama to settle before we headed to the city.
Parked in the Camry lot for the low price of $100 :lol: Overall....traffic to the lot wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been.
Should have sent bigfan a message. He could have directed you from NW Lake County to Wrigley in 35 minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I saw poison and Def Leppard 30 years ago and both were fine. The one I’ve always wanted to see was Motley Crue so it’s disappointing to hear they are no good. I still like all of them and I sort of wish i’d have made an effort to go. Glad you had a good time!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:53 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
I saw poison and Def Leppard 30 years ago and both were fine. The one I’ve always wanted to see was Motley Crue so it’s disappointing to hear they are no good. I still like all of them and I sort of wish i’d have made an effort to go. Glad you had a good time!

Of all 3 bands, I like Motley Crue's music the most. I'd say it was disappointing, but I can't because I'm not surprised at all. This was a complete money grab for them. Tommy Lee still seems very into playing but the others....not so much. When they did their "The End" tour I had read enough reviews of people saying they were just mailing it in.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
whistler wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

at least that's the opening bid for freebie 200 dollar anythings

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:17 pm 

Hussra wrote:
whistler wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

at least that's the opening bid for freebie 200 dollar anythings

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:24 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Harvard Dan wrote:
Co-worker talked me into getting ZZ Top w/Anne Wilson of Heart tickets. Wilson cancelled so I guess Collective Soul is opening now...

:lol: I saw an ad for that today by the Volo auto museum. I was thinking "Jesus what year is it?". I hope you have some kind of fun. It might require a lot of booze.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:06 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
Co-worker talked me into getting ZZ Top w/Anne Wilson of Heart tickets. Wilson cancelled so I guess Collective Soul is opening now...

:lol: I saw an ad for that today by the Volo auto museum. I was thinking "Jesus what year is it?". I hope you have some kind of fun. It might require a lot of booze.

That might have helped...it was last weekend (7/3) and the fairgrounds were about 2/3 full.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:23 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
Our tickets were section FIELD G, which turned out to be very nice and we made it in right before 6:00 to see Poison start their set.
Poison - It's sad that you have to give credit to band for being 100% live but that's the world we live in. Poison was 100% live...no tracks. Short guitar solo by CC Deville that sounded like he stole quite a few Randy Rhoads licks and then he did EVH tribute with the tapping portion of Eruption...it was nicely done. Poison sounded good.

Motley Crue - Vince Neal seemed winded and exhausted after the first song. As expected....Mick Mars looks like he's about to die any day now. Whoever was in charge of mixing sound for Motley Crue should be fired immediately...it was TERRIBLE. Their set list was fine, but they had quite a bit of backing tracks and I was told by a credible source....Nikki Sixx bass wasn't even plugged in. In this day and age of MeToo and wokeness....the Crue still acted like it was 1987. They had 2 very attractive women dressed like strippers dancing and pretending to sing back up, as well as 2 giant blow up stripper dolls on stage. I applaud them staying true to form, but their concert musically was just complete garbage.

Def Leppard - I like the High N Dry album a lot, but pass on anything after that. I'm not much of a fan of theirs. Much to my surprise, they had a very good show Yes, some backing vocal tracks behind them to help, but mostly still live. 3 Acoustic songs in the middle which were really well done. Pleasantly surprised at the quality of their show.

For being on the field at Wrigley, it was cool to be able to walk by the dugouts and my wife and I got a picture in front of the ivy. I'm glad we went.....it was a good time.

Excellent review.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:49 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Saw Jawbreaker this year and will see the Afghan Whigs In September. Seems like a good year to me personally.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:08 am 

Got into Denver last night after spending Sunday into Monday afternoon in KC. We're leaving for Red Rocks in a few hours to tailgate...really looking forward to seeing Ween and Primus, and I guess Comedy Central is going to film the concerts and air them to celebrate South Parks anniversary this weekend.

https://mixzhare.com/entertainment/tv/s ... announced/

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:33 am 

BigW72 wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Of all 3 bands, I like Motley Crue's music the most. I'd say it was disappointing, but I can't because I'm not surprised at all. This was a complete money grab for them. Tommy Lee still seems very into playing but the others....not so much. When they did their "The End" tour I had read enough reviews of people saying they were just mailing it in.

I saw Poison (and I guess Bret Michaels solo) a few times about 8-10 years ago (I think we paid once and the other times were at fests). It's a little by the numbers, but they do give an honest effort and still sound good. They are usually 60 or so minutes total for their shows.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:29 am 

Harvard Dan wrote:
Got into Denver last night after spending Sunday into Monday afternoon in KC. We're leaving for Red Rocks in a few hours to tailgate...really looking forward to seeing Ween and Primus, and I guess Comedy Central is going to film the concerts and air them to celebrate South Parks anniversary this weekend.

https://mixzhare.com/entertainment/tv/s ... announced/

We were just hitting Omaha on our way back, when we heard that the remaining members of Rush showed up for Night 2. All in all it was a fun show and looking forward to seeing how they're going to fit it into a one hour special on Comedy Central.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:10 am 
100000 CLUB

Going to this next Saturday. Cover bands, but this still should be fun. BYOB/Food and its only $10 tickets.
Quote:
The Village of Orland Park presents The 2022 Centennial Park West Concert Series

Join us as the Centennial Park West Concert Series presents major headlining artists in a neighborhood park venue. Guests my bring lawn chairs, blankets and coolers, or visit onsite food and beverage vendors, to enjoy a summer night of outdoor music.

AUGUST 20, 2022:
4:00 PM - Without U2 Tribute
6:00 PM - Pearl Jam Tribute Chicago
8:00 PM - Elton Live! The Elton John Experience

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:32 pm 

My 18 year old is going to see Phish tonight at Alpine Valley.
This actually might be the most sobering aspect of parenting I've had yet :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:10 am 

BigW72 wrote:
My 18 year old is going to see Phish tonight at Alpine Valley.
This actually might be the most sobering aspect of parenting I've had yet :lol:

wtf is this supposed to mean?

sobering aspect?

What, were u drunk or some shit?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:13 pm 

HaHa, this is great watching the South Park concert on Comedy Central...

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
life?--Gener and Deaner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next