It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Grunge
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
As a Ford administration kid, heyday of grunge was my mid teens to early 20's I suppose. I still am incredibly fond of the music but I'm sure part of it is a reminder of my youth. When I moved out to Montana I kind of drifted away from new music and I'll just say the Moose and The Peak weren't exactly cutting edge on the music scene. Luckily the school of ag believed in both types of music, County and Western. It was an interesting 4 years.

Post subject: Re: Grunge
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Definitely was into grunge in high school and a bit beyond, also mix in there some Dre and Snoop for good measure. Graduated in 94. I would consider myself a pretty big Pearl Jam fan but haven't to been to nearly as many shows as MANY here. I'll stroll down memory lane sometimes and listen to some Nirvana, STP, Alice in Chains, Mother Love Bone, and Temple of the Dog. I definitely listened to Soundgarden but never owned an album from them.

If I look back on the era, I think it will endure for those handful of big name bands but Pearl Jam was the biggest to actually stay together. I think you had to kind of grow up in that time and be a teenage or twenty something to really glom onto a lot of the tunes and bands and stick with them. Overall it didn't seem to be a particular strong time for music but I can't point to any other decade since then and say something different either. I admit I am not that plugged into the music scene so I could be convinced otherwise. I like very few bands or artists since the turn of the century.