It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pantera Reunited 2023
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:18 am 

Phil is back with the original no name bass player, and Zach Wylde is replacing dimebag because hes dead. Drummer from anthrax too.

I was slightly interested because ZW is the whole reason to even consider it. But its a livenation! show. Total sellout/cash grab. Exactly everything pantera stood against. fuck this tour.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:26 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
IkeSouth wrote:
Drummer from anthrax too.

Charlie Benante?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:51 am 

Musical tour for kids who used to hate their parents who are now parents.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:45 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
Drummer from anthrax too.

Charlie Benante?

yep

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:48 am 

Brick wrote:
Musical tour for kids who used to hate their parents who are now parents.

kinda... that band was popular for similar reasons rage against the machine is. anit-corporate. but a live nation tour with the lead singer that ruined the band and never made amends? like i said, i could see going for ZW and the dummer do cover songs, but everything else is a giant fuck this.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I like Pantera's first 2 albums a lot. Good stuff.
I like Anthrax and Long Grove resident Charlie Benante.
ZW is an extremely talented guitarist, but stylistically I don't like him. I watched some of the live footage from the first show and he sounded too much like himself, instead of playing like Dime. He's probably in a no-win situation here, as I'm sure he'd get torched if he played like Dime note for note.

It is a cash grab and I don't blame them for doing it, but I'm gonna pass. A concert of ZW playing is just not something I want to hear.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Pantera=Foreigner now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:26 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Pantera=Foreigner now.

:cry:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
BigW72 wrote:
ZW is an extremely talented guitarist, but stylistically I don't like him. I watched some of the live footage from the first show and he sounded too much like himself, instead of playing like Dime. He's probably in a no-win situation here, as I'm sure he'd get torched if he played like Dime note for note.

It is a cash grab and I don't blame them for doing it, but I'm gonna pass. A concert of ZW playing is just not something I want to hear.

Wylde was awesome with Ozzy IMHO

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Darkside wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

No More Tears is a great record. The others don't hold up so well over time, minus a handful of songs.

There's just something about his overly compressed guitar tone with constant pinch harmonics with wah that grates on me. Like I said, he's incredibly talented, but I just don't like what he's carved out as his style. I know many love him, and that's fine.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:24 pm 

Black label society had some awesome songs. Yes you do get tired of them after awhile. Zw has a very unique sound. But good enough to pay to watch him perform live.

Phil used to be that way too. Saw pantera in 1999. Was incredible.

But now? Fuck no. Phil is over the hill and this is not a real tour. Straight sell outs now. So sad.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:25 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Darkside wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

Bit with two dead brothers it’s not Pantera.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I can't fault any fan who never got to see the real lineup for wanting to go to this but I just hate that it's called Pantera. It's not Pantera without the Abbott brothers.

The thing that does annoy me though is how all these people in the metal community keep saying how the "Abbott brothers would approve of this" or how "They're looking down smiling". Vinnie always denied any possibility of a reunion without Dimebag and went to his grave hating Phil and blaming him for his brother's murder. I don't think he could have been any clearer on his feelings. But yeah, he would have approved of this.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:16 pm 

They absolutely would not approve of this. They formed a whole new band just to get away from Phil. And of course their estates approved... It's a simple cash grab. It's going to be the most unenthusiastic bullshit in the metal scene. And there's not a lot of die hard Pantera fans that never got to see them. By the time Pantera broke up, metal was already nearly dead.

People will go to see Phil, but they're gonna be sorrily disappointed in the performance.