It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:47 am 

HOUSE OF BLUES PRESENTS
THE WU-TANG CLAN FEATURING RZA, GZA, GHOSTFACE, RAEKWON, INSPECTAH DECK, U-GOD AND MASTA KILLA.

House of Blues Chicago »
329 N. Dearborn
Chicago, IL 60654

price : $45.00 - $48.00 *
date : Sun, December 14
door : 7:30pm
show : 9:00pm
genre : Rap
Hip Hop

* : tickets subject to all applicable facility fees and service charges
: applicable fees and charges apply to all ticket sales

Anybody going? Im probable

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:56 am 

As Marv Albert would say, YES!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Didn't they get drafted by the Chinese?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Having experienced a few Wu-Tang solo member shows and one as a collective, I can say that it's going to be a mess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:10 am 

Bagels wrote:
Having experienced a few Wu-Tang solo member shows and one as a collective, I can say that it's going to be a mess

yeah ive heard about how bad they are from a few people. But I like em enough where i wanna go and see for myself. Even if it is a mess, with every rapper screaming every rhyming word, ill still have fun.

How can hip hop be dead When Wu-Tang is Forever?-RZA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:10 am 

bagels if you see this which members have you seen? any details would be appreciated

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:06 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
bagels if you see this which members have you seen? any details would be appreciated

I've seen the entire Wu-Tang Clan once, Method Man twice (once w/ Redman), Ghostface and ODB

Unfortunately the Wu concert was the worst one, just because the sound was horrible and there were like 6 or 7 people screaming at once, and it seemed like they had about 100 people on stage. Just a mess. Now granted, that was about 7 years ago so take it for what you will

The solo shows were a bit better, particularly ODB, that was a really fun show. One thing they do a lot though which really irritates me (and they're not the only rappers that do it either so I'm not singling them out necessarily) is rap like one or two verses from a song instead of playing the entire thing. It's like you're just starting to get into it and the momentum is lost

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Random Thought:

I've always enjoyed U-God's "Lay Down"...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
just be careful, since it's pretty near the loop at night....
:wink:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:17 pm 

Bagels wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I've seen the entire Wu-Tang Clan once, Method Man twice (once w/ Redman), Ghostface and ODB

Unfortunately the Wu concert was the worst one, just because the sound was horrible and there were like 6 or 7 people screaming at once, and it seemed like they had about 100 people on stage. Just a mess.

This part sucks and its what everybody says so i guess its true.

One thing they do a lot though which really irritates me is rap like one or two verses from a song instead of playing the entire thing. It's like you're just starting to get into it and the momentum is lost[/quote]

This I dont mind so much its kinda like a live mixtape

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:27 pm 

lipidquadcab wrote:
Random Thought:

Really? Ive gone back and forth from 2 thoughts on U-god either he's the worst member of the entire extended wu tang and nothing he does is good
or
He's weird and brings a different dimension to the Wu. (Simultaneously making all the other members look better)
But with that said theres a bunch of songs that i think are awesome that he has a part in so...

My Random Thoughts
I think MastaKilla is underrated
Ghostface has a ridiculously large amount of shit to rap about cuz he puts out a quality album and subsequent b side every other year
A couple relatively new WU tracks worth downloading
Life is a Movie-Gza Rza
Pencil-Gza Masta Killa Rza
Rec room therapy-Ghostface Raekwon U God
Walk around-Ghost
Watch your Mouf-Wu
Yolandas house-Ghost Rae Meth
Presidential MC-Meth Rae Rza

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:54 pm 

No method man at this show and possibly no Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:01 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:
Random Thought:

Really?

I don't listen to rap very often..I just remember that song because a friend of mine from high school had his cd and we used to drive around in his Mercury Capri with that shit pumping out of the speakers after basketball games on friday nights...nothing like two whiteys driving around iowa with some guy yelling "lay down...motherfucker lay down..." and bullets being shot coming out of the car...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Deep Dish: Giordano's

http://www.TheCommittedIndian.com/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:10 am 

U-God is average at best, but Masta Killa is by far the worst member. Most underrated = Inspectah Deck

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:58 am 

Bagels wrote:
U-God is average at best, but Masta Killa is by far the worst member. Most underrated = Inspectah Deck

INS is awesome on 36 and Forever but his solo albums were not that great. The beats were mediocre at best. I dont know why he waited so long to release one.

I like Masta Killa No Said Date is awesome I think it goes with all the best Wu solo albums. Also, on 8 Diagrams Masta Killa is dope. INS voice seems like its gone now. Smoked too much maybe.

For me its Level 1-RZA GZA GHOST RAE ODB
Level 2-Masta Killa INS Capp Street
Level Suck- U God

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:09 am 

Yeah I agree his solo albums (INS) are not the best, especially the 2nd one (horrible)...it's a shame because I like his lyrics more than almost any other member (killer verse on Gang Starr's Above the Clouds) but you're right, he didn't come correct w/ the beats...did RZA produce his first album exclusively? Because most of the 1st round of solo albums were all RZA, then after that they started using "Wu-Disciples" like Mathematics and thus the extreme failures. Still, "Show N Prove", "Rec Room" and "Grand Prix" are dope songs on the 1st INS

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:14 am 

Bagels wrote:

agreed...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:28 am 

Bagels wrote:
Yeah I agree his solo albums (INS) are not the best, especially the 2nd one (horrible)...it's a shame because I like his lyrics more than almost any other member (killer verse on Gang Starr's Above the Clouds) but you're right, he didn't come correct w/ the beats...did RZA produce his first album exclusively?

NO thats the problem he may have produced 1 or 2 tracks but not the bulk of the album. Deck totally missed on timing(Waited way too long) and production (Gotta have more RZA)
Bagels wrote:
Because most of the 1st round of solo albums were all RZA, then after that they started using "Wu-Disciples" like Mathematics and thus the extreme failures.

I agree mostly about the first round of solo albums but some of the later ones are good. All Ghosts Albums are good and 421 by Meth Pro Tools by Gza No Said Date by MK and 8 Diagrams are all pretty good.
Bagels wrote:
Still, "Show N Prove", "Rec Room" and "Grand Prix" are dope songs on the 1st INS

Yeah pretty decent but it woulda been nice to see Deck and Rza do a solo album in like 97 or 98 coulda been great.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:47 pm 

pizza_Place: nowhere
I remember back in the mid 90's when Deck came out with "Let Me at Them" I was like :shock: he supposedly had quite a few tracks for his solo around that time but was put on hold fo the more prominent members. I did like his 1st album tho

No Said Date definately holds up with the 1st rd of solos

I wish the Wu stuck to their foundation of bein so innovative with a touch of old school. Now they just wanna keep their sound like we were still in 94 :?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:13 am 

Mr. Hernandez wrote:
I remember back in the mid 90's when Deck came out with "Let Me at Them" I was like :shock: he supposedly had quite a few tracks for his solo around that time but was put on hold fo the more prominent members. I did like his 1st album tho
Yeah you can tell certain songs were probably meant for albums they didnt come out on. Like Shadowboxin sounds like a Meth Song featuring GZA. I know you cant stop me now the song on Rza latest was supposed to be on Only built 4 cuban linx 2.

Mr. Hernandez wrote:
No Said Date definately holds up with the 1st rd of solos

Hell yeah. I like MK but even if you dont this is like a Wu Cd. All members are on it and its a big part of the album.
Mr. Hernandez wrote:
I wish the Wu stuck to their foundation of bein so innovative with a touch of old school. Now they just wanna keep their sound like we were still in 94 :?
Yeah I dont know who I blame for this I know RZA always wants to experiment while Rae and Ghost wanna stick to the old stuff. But Ghost albums are so good I dont know.

8 Diagrams is pretty good woulda been significantly better with Shut Yo Mouf on it That shit is dope.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:37 am 

I also wish the RZA had dropped the Cure when it was supposed to drop instead of Bobby Digital. After RZA blew minds on Forever and the 2nd Gravegigga's album I was salivating with news of the Cure...next thing u know we get this Bobby Digital sht

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:53 am 

Mr. Hernandez wrote:
I also wish the RZA had dropped the Cure when it was supposed to drop instead of Bobby Digital. After RZA blew minds on Forever and the 2nd Gravegigga's album I was salivating with news of the Cure...next thing u know we get this Bobby Digital sht

what gradediggas album are you talkin about cuz he was sick on the what i thought was the first one 6 feet deep.

Rza has an awesome verse "pencil" and awesome prouduction on "life is a movie" on the new GZA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:13 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Mr. Hernandez wrote:

what gradediggas album are you talkin about cuz he was sick on the what i thought was the first one 6 feet deep.

Rza has an awesome verse "pencil" and awesome prouduction on "life is a movie" on the new GZA

The Pick, The Sickle, The Shovel is what it was called I believe. RZA is nuts on that album

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:14 am 

Mr. Hernandez wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Mr. Hernandez wrote:

The Pick, The Sickle, The Shovel is what it was called I believe. RZA is nuts on that album

oh yeah your right then I just liked him and them way better on 6 feet deep

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:19 am 

^yea they kinda left the Horrorcore style behind on 6 Feet Deep and went a different direction with the 2nd joint. I like both albums tho.

I know Street dropped an album some years ago...how is it if you've heard it?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:21 am 

Mr. Hernandez wrote:
^yea they kinda left the Horrorcore style behind on 6 Feet Deep and went a different direction with the 2nd joint. I like both albums tho.

I know Street dropped an album some years ago...how is it if you've heard it?

I heard a couple of tracks online but i dont have the album. Killah Priest 1st one is awesome though and Ghostface puts out a good album pretty much every year.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:44 am 

bryan, don't know if you like EPMD at all (well, you should by anyway) but they have a new album out Tuesday, there's a song with Raekwon on it, it's a nice track.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:47 am 

Bagels wrote:
bryan, don't know if you like EPMD at all (well, you should by anyway) but they have a new album out Tuesday, there's a song with Raekwon on it, it's a nice track.

thanks ill check it out...gettin my tix for wu tommorow
KRS ONE Raekwon and Redman on that album. Sweet.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:41 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Bagels wrote:

thanks ill check it out...gettin my tix for wu tommorow
KRS ONE Raekwon and Redman on that album. Sweet.

And Method Man, Keith Murray and Skyzoo